Oregon bill would give homeless $1,000 a month to spend with no restrictions

j-mac

Nuthin' but the truth
Oct 8, 2013
South Carolina
A proposed Oregon bill would provide the deep blue state’s homeless population $1,000 per month that recipients could use at their own discretion.

The bill, introduced last month, would establish a People’s Housing Assistance Fund Demonstration Program to give 12 monthly thousand-dollar payments to those suffering from homelessness or who are on the brink of becoming homeless. Oregon bill would give homeless $1,000 a month to spend with no restrictions

As per what forkup and I discussed earlier, I thought this would be a good subject for discussion...

Thoughts.

As per what forkup and I discussed earlier, I thought this would be a good subject for discussion...

Thoughts.
1) I think the homeless are about to make their way to Oregon.

2) Let’s help them get out of homelessness by requiring some work for the state (janitorial, whatever).

3) Instead of giving them that money directly, they should allocate $1200 for a cheap two-bedroom apartment for each two homeless people, and put them together. They can get the remaining $800 for food, utilities, and some clothes.

Which state will be the first to declare that homeless, illegals, whomever want to can show at your house with a voucher and move in?
After all, that’s the kind and fair thing to do and a Huge virtue signaling

Its certainly a solution to the Homeless problem in other cities, as Oregon would look a lot more inviting to them.

Probably would cause California to offer bums $1200 /month to camp there instead.

This could easily create a bidding war among the Blue States to attract more homeless.

Which state will be the first to declare that homeless, illegals, whomever want to can show at your house with a voucher and move in?
After all, that’s the kind and fair thing to do and a Huge virtue signaling
Already happening in California. They move into hotels and refuse to leave.

I think a basic income should be required and is an issue of human rights. Homelessness and hunger should be outlawed.

Our society could use robots and A.i to make things and to provide for the population. We all know that this tech will likely to exactly this and we will be forced to develop such a system. Lets make it humane.

What Democrats did to once beautiful Portland, OR

6gSfhhApRfZ_yJ2d3MUvcvvoIizbDd-WYVXpRSva4G4.png

homeless-rv-campers.jpg

Portland-iStock-2.jpg

MMVMK4XAGJD6FF4PWLZKVAAAZQ.JPG

007Homeless_ChristopherOnstott.jpg

3abcfcf6-0784-4627-a434-20f21a841763_1920x1080.jpg

It will be squandered for drugs.

Exactly. It is not enough for 1st + last + deposit. Who would let them sign a lease if they did have money? Then they need necessities. over $10K to get into a livable studio.
Then it has to be near jobs........who wants to hire them? Probably need $10K dental work right away. no car. Public transit in CA sucketh massive.

My answer is always forced tent camps ..... desert camps in CA. Live there until approved to get out. If you can't hack it there you go to Prison for violation of public safety laws.

Last edited:
3) Instead of giving them that money directly, they should allocate $1200 for a cheap two-bedroom apartment for each two homeless people, and put them together. They can get the remaining $800 for food, utilities, and some clothes.

Then they trash the apartment, use the money for crack, and still end up begging and shoplifting to eat.

Save steps, give them nothing and they can beg and shoplift for food and crack.

1) I think the homeless are about to make their way to Oregon.

2) Let’s help them get out of homelessness by requiring some work for the state (janitorial, whatever).

They will open the walls to get at the wiring and sell the copper wire. Stoves, ovens will be removed and sold. Water pipes, likewise. After a month, the home will effectively be demolished.

Forum List

Back