Operation Elevation...The Space elevator

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Audacious & Outrageous:

Space Elevators
Inspired partly by science fiction, NASA scientists are seriously considering space elevators as a mass-transit system for the next century.

David Smitherman of NASA/Marshall's Advanced Projects Office has compiled plans for such an elevator that could turn science fiction into reality. His publication, Space Elevators: An Advanced Earth-Space Infrastructure for the New Millennium, is based on findings from a space infrastructure conference held at the Marshall Space Flight Center last year. The workshop included scientists and engineers from government and industry representing various fields such as structures, space tethers, materials, and Earth/space environments.

Audacious & Audacious & Outrageous: Space Elevators - NASA Science

I dont just create the elevator music...I ...OWN ...the elevator... fukeeers.!..Thats right I said it... ambient techno in yer face !

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly endorse your future NASA contract providing the entertainment portion of these trips.

Much better than the Dallas Symphony doing "Love me Tender". I think I'd be grabbing for the emergency exit..

I highly endorse your future NASA contract providing the entertainment portion of these trips.

Much better than the Dallas Symphony doing "Love me Tender". I think I'd be grabbing for the emergency exit..

or Lady GaGas.... poke - her- face

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhScWkK0mY]Poker Face - Idina Menzel with the Dallas Symphony - YouTube[/ame]

they are just hacking the past ;)

The Fountains of Paradise is a Hugo[1] and Nebula[2] Award–winning 1979 novel by Arthur C. Clarke. Set in the 22nd century, it describes the construction of a space elevator. This "orbital tower" is a giant structure rising from the ground and linking with a satellite in geostationary orbit at the height of approximately 36,000 kilometers (approx. 22,300 miles). Such a structure would be used to raise payloads to orbit without having to use rockets, making it much more cost effective.

The Fountains of Paradise is a Hugo[1] and Nebula[2] Award–winning 1979 novel by Arthur C. Clarke. Set in the 22nd century, it describes the construction of a space elevator. This "orbital tower" is a giant structure rising from the ground and linking with a satellite in geostationary orbit at the height of approximately 36,000 kilometers (approx. 22,300 miles). Such a structure would be used to raise payloads to orbit without having to use rockets, making it much more cost effective.

Big difference between talking about it and doing it. Within the long term such a elevator would open up space big time.

or Lady GaGas.... poke - her- face

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhScWkK0mY]Poker Face - Idina Menzel with the Dallas Symphony - YouTube[/ame]

U'r killing me with culture here.. Call me when it's McCartney night at the Dallas Symph.

Big difference between talking about it and doing it. Within the long term such a elevator would open up space big time.

Naww.. The eggheads always get the credit.. I believe Jules Verne COULD HAVE built the Nautilas... (sp?), but he had more important stuff to dream up...

Naww.. The eggheads always get the credit.. I believe Jules Verne COULD HAVE built the Nautilas... (sp?), but he had more important stuff to dream up...

Jules verne was a writer, not a builder.

Forum List

Back