Oops! Senate leader votes against his own bill on its way to passage

Maybe it would be a couple things like this...................

Reid has also been criticized for several potentially self-enriching tactics. In 2005 Reid earmarked a spending bill to provide for building a bridge between Nevada and Arizona that would make land he owned more valuable. Reid called funding for construction of a bridge over the Colorado River, among other projects, 'incredibly good news for Nevada' in a news release after passage of the 2005 transportation bill. He owned 160 acres (65 ha) of land several miles from the proposed bridge site in Arizona. The bridge could add value to his real estate investment. A year later it was reported that Reid had used campaign donations to pay for $3,300 in Christmas gifts to the staff at the condominium where he resides; federal election law prohibits candidates from using political donations for personal use. Reid's staff stated that his attorneys had approved use of the funds in this manner but that he nonetheless would personally reimburse his campaign for the expenses. That action notwithstanding, the conservative group Citizens United announced it had filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission to investigate the matter.[40]

In 2006, Reid was also brought under question as to his possible involvement in the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal, in that he purportedly "received more than $50,000 from four tribes with gaming interests between 2001 and 2004 after they hired Abramoff," which would have introduced a conflict of interest. However, the Senate Ethics Committee never accused Reid of violating Senate ethics rules

Harry Reid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They're all crooks looking out for their own interests, and the interests of their "connections", every last one of 'em.

That's why I think Senator's and Congressmen whould be term limited. Power corrupts anyone after a certain amount of time. Senators should be limited to two 4 year terms or two 6 year terms and Congressmen should have the same 8 or 12 year limit in office also.

I agree!

It use to be that I was, at best, indifferent, on the concept of term limits. Over time, it has become clearer to me that term limits would help our nation.

Kind of ironic that the Dems had to bribe their own Senators to get enough votes to pass this clusterfuck of a bill.

Wonder how much its really going to cost????

Forum List

Back