Ontario Union Calls for Ban on Israeli Professors

...because I live in 'The West'. As opposed to the 'East' (be it Middle or far).

Not that anyone's details are necessarily accurate or relevant, of course. I flirted with putting Olympus Mons, but I'm not much of a mountain person.

Anyone who thinks that one has to pass a political litmus test to teach at a University probably shouldn't be at a University in the first place.

Universities are supposed to be bastions of free thought, not citadels of political correctness.

been awhile since you were at school i take it.

Well... he didn't say ban them, he said:

"In response to an appeal from the Palestinian Federation of Unions of University Professors and Employees, we are ready to say Israeli academics should not be on our campuses unless they explicitly condemn the university bombing and the assault on Gaza in general," said Sid Ryan, president of CUPE Ontario.

Which is dumb, he isn't asking US academics condemn their nation, or Chinese academics condemn theirs, or Russians... you get the point.

Sid Ryan he is wrong.the war i n Gaza have notheing t o do with teachiing in universitet.when h e run for Queens park few years befojr what do h e say in his campagne abaout this?

Well... he didn't say ban them, he said:

"In response to an appeal from the Palestinian Federation of Unions of University Professors and Employees, we are ready to say Israeli academics should not be on our campuses unless they explicitly condemn the university bombing and the assault on Gaza in general," said Sid Ryan, president of CUPE Ontario.

Which is dumb, he isn't asking US academics condemn their nation, or Chinese academics condemn theirs, or Russians... you get the point.

Sid Ryan he is wrong.the war i n Gaza have notheing t o do with teachiing in universitet.when h e run for Queens park few years befojr what do h e say in his campagne abaout this?

I was just clarifying what he said in this instance - as for deciding how connected events are to other people and p[laces, that's a big discussion.

Not sure what he said whever it was he ran - for whever it was he ran for.

Forum List

Back