One thing was clear tonight: McCain wants change, too!

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
He even attacked the GOP for their failures over the last few years. Clearly, the "maverick" didn't leave him after all. He's still the same old McCain that will fight for what's right, not what's popular.

:) I've been seeing this theme as another example of him following Obama's lead.

He even attacked the GOP for their failures over the last few years. Clearly, the "maverick" didn't leave him after all. He's still the same old McCain that will fight for what's right, not what's popular.

I'll throw out the old talking point the GOP has:

Just because it's change, doesn't always mean it's good. :)

The republicans wouldn't be cheering for this "Maverick" if he was going against their policies. Not no way, not no how.

No honey, Obama followed his lead. McCain's been doing for two decades what Obama dreams about doing now.

Hunh, I thought he was running on experience before. Wonder where I got that idea. <scratch head>

LMAO!

I'm for change too!

Elect Republicans, to change the corruption and incompetence of Republican-led government in Washington!

LMAO!

Elect Republicans, to change the corruption and incompetence of Republican-led government in Washington!

No, elect a person who's fought corruption his entire political career to lead the attack on corruption in Washington, not the guy who's just talked about it for 18 months.

Why would we need change, from republicans point of view?

I've spent 8 years telling republicans what a disaster their president is...and yet, they've spent 8 years telling my I'm a kool aid drinker, and they've spent 8 years defending Bush against virtually all criticism.

Watch the electoral map, it is looking pretty scary for McCain/Bush right now!:eusa_whistle:

I'm not so sure, everyone expected a Democratic blowout. That hasn't materialized.

As for Senator McCain's speech, it was a very well delivered.

John McCain's no Barack Obama when it comes to speaking.

And Barack Obama is no John McCain when it comes to actions.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I've been seeing this theme as another example of him following Obama's lead.

They're going to have to market Palin almost as a co-prez, and McCain as her teacher. Never has a VP candidate held such a gap over the running mate in terms of party enthusiasm.

Bush is a joke, and McCain can say "change" all he wants, it just doesn't push him far enough away from W.

Obama's theme is, "Change we can believe in." McCain, Hillary, and others have all stated the theme of "Change." It looks like they are all followers and not leaders! He started it, they followed!:eusa_whistle:

No honey, Obama followed his lead. McCain's been doing for two decades what Obama dreams about doing now.

Sorry sweety, Obama is doing what mccain has been promising for decades.

And basically Mccain admitted I have been right all along, that the GOP screwed America up. Did you hear the crowd boo him anytime he even suggested that families might be struggling. Or they would chant, usa. How out of touch you reps are.

So I'm sort of tip my hat to mccain for calling your party out as much as he possibly could.

I mean, he has almost left the gop a couple times.

I do thank god that mccain is the nominee because every other gop sucks ballls. They would have never admitted what mccain admitted.

But I can't forget that mcain is just the best of the worst.

anyways, I don't want to ramble. no gop, but good speech tonight.

ron paul is on colbert. gota go.

And basically Mccain admitted I have been right all along, that the GOP screwed America up. Did you hear the crowd boo him anytime he even suggested that families might be struggling.

They were booing and chanting USA to drown out the protestors. Talk about out-of-touch.

I knew I forgot to put someone on ignore.

ron paul just said to be accepted with the gop, he would have to accept their entire platform.

this is why I can't support mccain. I can't forget he sold his soul to get the nomination. good man, just anti middle class party.

can't vote that in.

I'm not so sure, everyone expected a Democratic blowout. That hasn't materialized.

As for Senator McCain's speech, it was a very well delivered.

John McCain's no Barack Obama when it comes to speaking.

And Barack Obama is no John McCain when it comes to actions.

Please explain these 'actions' that you speak of..

Forum List

Back