One thing that hasn't been mentioned about Trump's Daca punt is the effect

on congress's workload. There's not just the debt ceiling, Harvey aid, and a Hurricane aiming right at Fla, and Tax Reform - which is Trump's LAST chance to get a big ticket item this year, but also a bipartisan gasp at funding Obamacare .....

He doesn't care. What he did had nothing to do with the Constitution or the law. He doesn't care that 800,000 kids who are CONTRIBUTING to this economy (Ending This Immigration Program Would Devastate the Economy) are thrown into places where they will be homeless and with no means of support.

He's just punishing Congress for not passing his health care reform and at the same time shoving his fist in Obama's face...again. A double whammy. He's a fucking petty, jealous, hateful monster who needs to be kicked out of office by any means possible.

The Orange One knows that the right thing is letting the kids stay but he doesn't want Briebart bashing him, since his polls are tanking already. So he kicks it down the road. The Courts are probably going to kill it anyway, but there's no reason besides playing politics in helping the Courts.

He should have kept the program until after the 2018 elections. Congress won't have time to take this up unless they shove something else aside.

The point of the thread is that regardless of how you feel about congress, it'd be an accomplishment to do real tax reform, pass hurricane aid and up the debt limit between now and the Holidays.

I didn't think about it when starting the thread, but it may turn out to be ironic. Trump is potus in large part to suburban voters holding their noses and voting for him over Hillary. When Obama issued the EO, despite having no political upside reason to do so, it made these people "news worthy." There's no reason to dislike them, and no reason to want them deported. There are sometimes pretty basic right and wrongs. Voters may not like a vote to kick them out. The only reason to not support dreamers is if that somehow gets adults to send kids here now. Obama avoided that by not taking the new kids longterm.
the fact remains they are illegally here.

There are 5 million American job openings now that can't be filled because workers lack the skills to do the work. Adding to those numbers just decreases your GDP.

Instead of bitching about "beaners", why not get yourself trained to do something useful that pays well.
I did, been doing it for forty years. you?

I retired two years ago in Canada after working for 40 years. My first job paid minimum wage. My last job paid $1500 per week.
I made $4 an hour to start. that job is at 50$ an hour today.
Half your population however now takes home less than $30K per year. Not your problem? Fuck 'em they must be lazy ne'er-do-wells? Well we all heartily applaud your luck, but you cannot retain a democracy without a functional middle class. You had one once, you lost it by sitting on your ass and allowing concentrated corporate wealth to take over your governance and your media machine.
when I made 4 the folks at Mickey D's made $2.50, today those people make $8.50. seems talent has been paid. football players use to work other jobs to play pro football, today they make millions. talent gets paid.
So half of the citizens in your "exceptional" nation are talentless whereas a half century ago they were not.

That's a greast campaign slogan:

America Used To Lead The World In Social Mobilty, But You People Suck.

I did, been doing it for forty years. you?

I retired two years ago in Canada after working for 40 years. My first job paid minimum wage. My last job paid $1500 per week.
Half your population however now takes home less than $30K per year. Not your problem? Fuck 'em they must be lazy ne'er-do-wells? Well we all heartily applaud your luck, but you cannot retain a democracy without a functional middle class. You had one once, you lost it by sitting on your ass and allowing concentrated corporate wealth to take over your governance and your media machine.
when I made 4 the folks at Mickey D's made $2.50, today those people make $8.50. seems talent has been paid. football players use to work other jobs to play pro football, today they make millions. talent gets paid.
So half of the citizens in your "exceptional" nation are talentless whereas a half century ago they were not.

I think it means that after 40 years of democrat controlled schools, it's time to fix education.

I think it means that after 40 years of democrat controlled schools, it's time to fix education.

Democrats don't "control the schools". States control the schools and since 1980 more and more of the state's are controlled by Republicans.

States set the cirriculum, the standards and the tests. Local school boards basically set salaries and tend to upkeep of the premises. The worst schools in the nation are the ones in states which Republicans have controlled since the 1960's - in the Deep South.

Nobody does ignorance better than Relublicans!

Democrats don't "control the schools". States control the schools and since 1980 more and more of the state's are controlled by Republicans.

States set the cirriculum, the standards and the tests. Local school boards basically set salaries and tend to upkeep of the premises. The worst schools in the nation are the ones in states which Republicans have controlled since the 1960's - in the Deep South.

Then why all the hoopla about the education secretary? Again, you all can't keep things straight. Hilarious

The worst schools in this nation are the cesspools in the Democrat controlled cities.

The worst schools in this nation are the cesspools in the Democrat controlled cities.

That's because they have no funding. The United States and Turkey are the only first world countries in the world who spend less money on education for poor children than they do for middle class children. If you live in a low tax base area, your school will substandard. It's a guarantee.

And then you'll bitch about generational poverty. It doesn't just happen. You make it happen by forcing parents to work two jobs just to keep food on the table so they're never around and too tired when they are. You make it happen by giving kids a substandard education in a hell hole with no textbooks, computers or quality teachers, by zero tolerance policies that put minority kids in front of judges when white kids would get s reprimand and by a thousand other ways of reminding these kids that they're not as good as the kids from the suburbs.

That's because they have no funding. The United States and Turkey are the only first world countries in the world who spend less money on education for poor children than they do for middle class children. If you live in a low tax base area, your school will substandard. It's a guarantee.

And then you'll bitch about generational poverty. It doesn't just happen. You make it happen by forcing parents to work two jobs just to keep food on the table so they're never around and too tired when they are. You make it happen by giving kids a substandard education in a hell hole with no textbooks, computers or quality teachers, by zero tolerance policies that put minority kids in front of judges when white kids would get s reprimand and by a thousand other ways of reminding these kids that they're not as good as the kids from the suburbs.

Try that happy load of horseshit on some other liberal know-nothing. How much does NYC spend per potential drop out? Isn't in in excess of $20,000 per year?

Forum List

Back