One quarter of US grain crops fed to cars - not people, new figures show

Actually Dogbert if you knew the players in this scam you would know that the majority of them that have been pushing this agenda are Dems and only a few Republicans in the mix but mostly Dems and the bankers are the ones taking the gains and of course the little guy took it in the shorts and the taxpayer paid for it at least twice with two different subsidies. Taxpayer dollars pay for biofuels subsidies and the original farm subsidies.

I link some of the information on biofuels here on USMB. If you are going to look at this look into the entirety of it not just the surface.

Again, this is not about partisan politics. The facts in the article are that. Can we go one thread people without making this partisan hackery?

Sorry, Sparky, but that hope died when your own clip started in with trying to pin the blame on former President Bush, as though the PRESIDENT passes laws concerning subsidies, rather than Congress.

It would not get planted unless the price was there to cover the input costs and provide some profit.
And the price is there because of ethanol.

Or do you think farmers would raise corn at a loss to feed the world?
Who would pay for the corn to feed the hungry? Who would pay the shipping costs?

Except there are some countries who want to buy grain and cannot due to shortages.

And food prices have been up for a good while due to the increased cost of corn, since corn meal is a popular filler and corn syrup is the preferred sweetener for most packaged food. I'm still wondering why you're just now noticing this. I personally have been bitching about biofuel subsidies making my Diet Coke cost more for several years now.

It would not get planted unless the price was there to cover the input costs and provide some profit.
And the price is there because of ethanol.

Or do you think farmers would raise corn at a loss to feed the world?
Who would pay for the corn to feed the hungry? Who would pay the shipping costs?

Except there are some countries who want to buy grain and cannot due to shortages.

And food prices have been up for a good while due to the increased cost of corn, since corn meal is a popular filler and corn syrup is the preferred sweetener for most packaged food. I'm still wondering why you're just now noticing this. I personally have been bitching about biofuel subsidies making my Diet Coke cost more for several years now.

LOL, Diet coke contains little corn products since the biggest corn useage in soft drinks is corn based sweetner.

Food prices were up for several reasons.
Speculation in the comodities markets.
higher fuel costs. For production, transportation and processing.
Higher input costs in the form of fertilizer. At the peak it had about quadrupled.
All I can think of at this point in time.

And they will go up again as higher prices will mean recovery from the recession.

LOL, Diet coke contains little corn products since the biggest corn useage in soft drinks is corn based sweetner.

"LOL" Coca Cola doesn't raise the prices on just the products in their line that contain corn syrup, dumbfuck. They raise prices on ALL their products, across the board, in order to keep the jump on each individual product lower and to make it less obvious. Duhhh. :slap:

Higher input costs in the form of fertilizer. At the peak it had about quadrupled.

And they will go up again as higher prices will mean recovery from the recession.

I realize that leftist flatliners like you are simplistic and two-dimensional in your thinking, but please don't insult me by assuming I'm anywhere within two standard deviations of your room-temp IQ, okay? You might be willing to think that causes behind price jumps are so simple as to be caused by only one factor, but I never did, so I don't need a troll like you to explain something that I merely took as obvious to any rational person (which means I wasn't addressing YOU).

However, moron, rising prices on corn were a large factor, and your pathetic smokescreen won't change that.

Back to ignore for you. So much for second chances.

One quarter of US grain crops fed to cars - not people, new figures show

And only a complete dumbass would pour good corn into a fuel tank instead of aging it in white oak kegs.

Which explains enviro freaks and the govt. drones that encourage it.

You are saying that higher food prices is good for the economy? They aren't good for my economy.

"LOL" Coca Cola doesn't raise the prices on just the products in their line that contain corn syrup, dumbfuck. They raise prices on ALL their products, across the board, in order to keep the jump on each individual product lower and to make it less obvious. Duhhh. :slap:

I realize that leftist flatliners like you are simplistic and two-dimensional in your thinking, but please don't insult me by assuming I'm anywhere within two standard deviations of your room-temp IQ, okay? You might be willing to think that causes behind price jumps are so simple as to be caused by only one factor, but I never did, so I don't need a troll like you to explain something that I merely took as obvious to any rational person (which means I wasn't addressing YOU).

However, moron, rising prices on corn were a large factor, and your pathetic smokescreen won't change that.

Back to ignore for you. So much for second chances.

Back to ignore me?

You are one memorable one to ignore.
The ignore function will not be needed.

Pitiful partisan hack...

Look at the price of groceries because of that, and fuel is still as high as fuel made from oil.

You are saying that higher food prices is good for the economy? They aren't good for my economy.

No but higher prices are what boosts the economy.

The gains we have had so far in this recession have been due to higher prices, primarially in oil.

The gains we have had so far in this recession have been due to higher prices, primarially in oil.

Higher prices boost nothing. If we the common citizen have to pay more for everything then we have this tendency to buy less because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. And even though it is claimed there was zero inflation last year all of my bills (except gasoline) went up. And yes we are buying less and saving more. Why? because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Higher prices boost nothing. If we the common citizen have to pay more for everything then we have this tendency to buy less because we don't know what tomorrow will bring. And even though it is claimed there was zero inflation last year all of my bills (except gasoline) went up. And yes we are buying less and saving more. Why? because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Actually buying less and saving more helps to make the recession last longer.
70% of our economy is based on consumer spending.

I agree that saving more and buying less is a good thing for individuals, but bad for the economy.
Our boom leading into this recession was triggered by excessive spending and debt levels and less savings.

Actually Dogbert if you knew the players in this scam you would know that the majority of them that have been pushing this agenda are Dems and only a few Republicans in the mix but mostly Dems and the bankers are the ones taking the gains and of course the little guy took it in the shorts and the taxpayer paid for it at least twice with two different subsidies. Taxpayer dollars pay for biofuels subsidies and the original farm subsidies.

I link some of the information on biofuels here on USMB. If you are going to look at this look into the entirety of it not just the surface.

Again, this is not about partisan politics. The facts in the article are that. Can we go one thread people without making this partisan hackery?

:lol::lol::lol:

:eusa_eh:
No.

ADM will be and angel as long as idiots continue to believe the myth of "EVUL BIG OIL."

And I'm not saying farmers should be charity organizations either.

Farmers are not growing these Huge Crops of Corn.

ADM, Monsanto, Bayer.......very large Growers, Herbacide, Pesticide, and Fertilizer manufacturers are the real recipients of subsidies for corn...

Oh......Jack Daniels also benefits...

So does Coca Cola Inc.......must mix Jack with Corn Syrup and Caramel Coloring for a refreshing Adult Beverage:eusa_drool:

And I'm not saying farmers should be charity organizations either.

Farmers are not growing these Huge Crops of Corn.

ADM, Monsanto, Bayer.......very large Growers, Herbacide, Pesticide, and Fertilizer manufacturers are the real recipients of subsidies for corn...

Oh......Jack Daniels also benefits...

So does Coca Cola Inc.......must mix Jack with Corn Syrup and Caramel Coloring for a refreshing Adult Beverage:eusa_drool:

Yeah large corporate farms are pretty much taking over, but there are lots of smaller farms left.
Lots of subsidy checks go to NYC addresses.
I forget the figures on that but it is suprising.

Last edited:
Do you seriously think that the hungry of the world would get that corn if we did not use it for fuel?

Yes. Yes I do. Do you think it sits in a granary somewhere to rot or something? It gets sold & Donated around the world.

But I guess it's better to use food to get us away from oil then it is to use oil and take that food to starving people and to keep them warm at night. It's not like they really matter.

Forum List

Back