One Of The 'Big' Questions On Immigration Debate

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/04/immigrants_must_choose.html

2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Sure, but it would be a grave mistake to think that any of the racial movements in America have been about "American values" or universal justice. Instead, they're all about the fortunes of a particular race or ethnic group, period. "Civl rights" just means more stuff for blacks. "Immigrant rights" just means more stuff for Hispanics. "Family values" just means whites don't like Jewish Hollywood.

So to say that Hispanics don't have the same moral claim that blacks once did, while true, ignores the common demominator of all this business: forcing whites aside by making them feel guilty. This tactic requires no logic whatsoever. Whites will go along if the cards are played right, and trust me --- you don't need that good of a hand.

I think the real question is whether white America has the resolve to survive.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    It's gonna have to come from our youth or it ain't coming at all.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,798
    I think white America has the will to survive, but they won't unify to do it. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion among white people. Why, I don't know. But I do know, a house divided will fall.

5. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,798
    I have no idea what the hell they mean by that. "Huge political error"? Not by me it's not. And not by 95% of the rest of the country.

6. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I usually enjoy Charles Krauthammer's articles, but I don't think he put much effort into writing this one.

Of course, the illegals are going to use every "trick" in the book to get what they want; and if that means cleaning up their "public act" to make it more acceptable to Americans, so be it. Don't think that ploy was wasted on too many people.

Krauthammer was around when the famous Reagan amnesty was granted. How can he ask such a question in light of what has transpired with illegal immigration since that time? Can any thinking person really believe that illegal immigration is going to end with the building of a wall on our southern border? It will be impeded but not stopped. It's time to enforce the laws on the books and quit looking the other way.

7. 007

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,798
    I agree. Start right now. Every time an illegal is encountered, detain them and deport them with the means that are available right now. That would make a dent.

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Too late---unless we are ready for violence.

9. nibor

nibor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Though I have many disagreements with the man,I have to agree with what Bill O'Reilly's attitude toward this subject is,We can't round them up,give them 90 days to register,for sign up and classification or they become felons! :bye1:

Then I think because they screwed up SO BAD in every phase of our immigration policies as to ACTUALLY SUBVERT OUR NATION,they should be made to work as much overtime WITHOUT PAY as it takes to backround check ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!! :wtf:

10. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38

I don't understand. Enforcing our laws will lead to violence? Well then those people that react with violence would be criminals then wouldn't they? Oh I'm sorry we're not to use such terms as criminal to describe those that are here against the immigration laws of the United States. If we decriminalize illegal immigration it encourages more to do the same. That action which you legitimize and accept will multiply those willing to take such action and break the law in the future. Where then do we stop?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1