On The Republican 'Talking Points Memo'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Gee, it might be a fake, ya think? This IS NOT on Schiavo case, but dirty politics.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/2005_03.php#009953

2. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Ah, the wonderful, wacky left! When are they going to learn to stop playing with memos? The public crucifixion of Dan Rather wasn't enough? The LMM's free-fall in the ratings hasn't given them a clue? Does an "exclusive memo obtained by XYZ News" have to actually blow some poor bastard's hand off before they get the idea that these things AREN'T TOYS??!!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Honestly, they believe that the people are every bit as stupid as the Dems rely on them being. They haven't noticed that many are beginning to notice their assumptions. :happy2:

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

LOL - so much the better! Their fundamentally sneaky, underhanded ways are so deeply ingrained as to be second nature by now. Perhaps, by the time thay realize that they're lying their way into extinction and irrelevance, it'll be too late.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,135
    You know ever since I heard about this memo being sent to Republic Senators my Spider Sense was tingling. I mean if it's a memo with Republican talking points and I was the News media is be emphasizing where the Memo was from. I mean any idiot can send a memo to republicans that doesnt prove that it originated among Republicans.

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Yep, me too. After a lifetime of filtering loaded MSM garbage through the old BS detector, you start learning the liberal language. Of course, as Kathianne pointed out, they don't give us any credit - and, I say again - so much the better! Let them "cleverly word" themselves right out of the public arena. So long, suckers!

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,135
    Im also curious if this memo is so damning why have i yet to see what the actual memo says. I mean ive been noticing talk of this memo for a while and yet no one has come forward with its contents.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Well this puts me in a bit of a quandary. I don't believe that the Republicans are above doing exactly this sort of thing. But I certainly can see the Democrat dirty tricks artists coming up with some BS like this.

So I guess I'll just ignore the whole thing. Otherwise I'll end up in the same shape as the conspiracy freaks at DU. :wtf: :cuckoo:

9. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I don't understand why it would be a big deal even if it were a GOP memo. It's true isn't it?

They are politicians. The are our representatives. Many of their constituents care about this issue and would like to see something done. Making an issue out of things their constituents care about is what they are supposed to do isn't it? They wouldn't be doing this to score points with the voters so much as they would be doing it because they believe in it and their beliefs are why they were elected to begin with.

Hey DNC, they are either right-wing religious nuts or pandering politicians. Pick one, because as much as we know how you love Orwellian doublethink, in the real world you can't have it both ways.

And which part of this memo is the most accurate?

Isn't that true as well?

Of course this is a tough issue for the party that wants to murder babies, free murderers, and applauds suicide.

I support any opportunity to demonstrate the complete disgrace that is the Democratic party.

All the same, my money is on the forgery theory.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Well MM you called it!!!