On the 'Prewar' Intelligence Brouhaha

Ah, you read me wrong or more likely I wrote it wrong. I don't think our fighting now is 'beyond hope.' I do think they are being seriously undermined and there is a push on to make them give up hope. Has the prosecution been bad? Yes, though I do not think that it was anything but unintentional. I do think what is happening now is intentional and bad for our country in all aspects. I do think it's for political gain, which is the first time in my adult life that I've seriously questioned whether or not our system of government will last.

So yea, that's pretty depressing. But one way or another we'll survive.

I am equally depressed from the opposite side of the political spectrum....maybe we should run away to Aruba and leave this madness behind! ;)

I am equally depressed from the opposite side of the political spectrum....maybe we should run away to Aruba and leave this madness behind! ;)

Ah, but alas, no $$$ for running away! ;)

academy graduates with trust funds....you know the type

Well I know you are deserving of what you earned! Thanks for your service, if I never agree with one thing you say, that I owe you!

Well I know you are deserving of what you earned! Thanks for your service, if I never agree with one thing you say, that I owe you!

I "earned" my pension, no doubt. Your thanks for that is appreciated

I "earned" my trust fund by putting up with and surviving an alcoholic abusive, but extremely wealthy and successful father.... nothing heroic about that.

and in keeping with family tradition, I am going to finish my glass of Famous Grouse and go to bed. As always, Kathianne, it has been a pleasure and a privilege.

I "earned" my pension, no doubt. Your thanks for that is appreciated

I "earned" my trust fund by putting up with and surviving an alcoholic abusive, but extremely wealthy and successful father.... nothing heroic about that.
So you do have a trust fund! :rofl: :rofl:

Well I may be a lot of things, so say some, but gold digger isn't one of them. Of which my ex is extremely grateful! :eusa_doh:

btw, I am sorry about your dad, I hope there were some good times too!

So you do have a trust fund! :rofl: :rofl:

Well I may be a lot of things, so say some, but gold digger isn't one of them. Of which my ex is extremely grateful! :eusa_doh:

btw, I am sorry about your dad, I hope there were some good times too!

not many, until later...oh, and the fact of the matter is: he is still alive at 95 - albeit nearly deaf and nearly blind and in a nursing home...so digging for gold now is probably an exercise in futility. He still can talk on the phone if I yell and his brain is still as powerful and insightful as ever.....

He was a close friend and political ally of Adlai Stevenson, so I come by my democratic roots honestly.

not many, until later...oh, and the fact of the matter is: he is still alive at 95 - albeit nearly deaf and nearly blind and in a nursing home...so digging for gold now is probably an exercise in futility. He still can talk on the phone if I yell and his brain is still as powerful and insightful as ever.....

He was a close friend and political ally of Adlai Stevenson, so I come by my democratic roots honestly.

Well I hope you have the longevity and keep getting wiser, maybe you'll be a conservative when you grow up? :eusa_clap: :D :eusa_dance:

A little more direct about the WaPo report this am:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTkyODhiNGUxZTkzYzM1YmY3ZTQxMTg2MWEzY2M0NTM=

Oops [Byron York]

The lead story in today's Washington Post says this:

Intelligence provided by former undersecretary of defense Douglas J. Feith to buttress the White House case for invading Iraq included "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" that supported the political views of senior administration officials rather than the conclusions of the intelligence community, according to a report by the Pentagon's inspector general.

Feith's office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," according to portions of the report, released yesterday by Sen. Carl M. Levin (D-Mich.). The inspector general described Feith's activities as "an alternative intelligence assessment process."​

A correction posted today by the Washington Post says this:

A Feb. 9 front-page article about the Pentagon inspector general's report regarding the office of former undersecretary of defense Douglas J. Feith incorrectly attributed quotations to that report. References to Feith's office producing "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" and that the office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda" were from a report issued by Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) in Oct. 2004. Similarly, the quotes stating that Feith's office drew on "both reliable and unreliable reporting" to produce a link between al-Qaeda and Iraq "that was much stronger than that assessed by the IC [Intelligence Community] and more in accord with the policy views of senior officials in the Administration" were also from Levin's report. The article also stated that the intelligence provided by Feith's office supported the political views of senior administration officials, a conclusion that the inspector general's report did not draw.The two reports employ similar language to characterize the activities of Feith's office: Levin's report refers to an "alternative intelligence assessment process" developed in that office, while the inspector general's report states that the office "developed, produced, and then disseminated alternative intelligence assessments on the Iraq and al Qaida relationship, which included some conclusions that were inconsistent with the consensus of the Intelligence Community, to senior decision-makers." The inspector general's report further states that Feith's briefing to the White House in 2002 "undercuts the Intelligence Community" and "did draw conclusions that were not fully supported by the available intelligence."​

The same should have been done with the intel Chimpy and Co used to justify the invasion and occupation of Iraq. What do you think?

See there is the problem you always have with truth and what you wish. You comment a day late and dollar short on a column that was based on untruths, now admitted.

The same should have been done with the intel Chimpy and Co used to justify the invasion and occupation of Iraq. What do you think?

Seems the liberal media (as usual) reported what they wanted to happen - not what really happened

Correction to This Article
A Feb. 9 front-page article about the Pentagon inspector general's report regarding the office of former undersecretary of defense Douglas J. Feith incorrectly attributed quotations to that report. References to Feith's office producing "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" and that the office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda" were from a report issued by Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) in Oct. 2004. Similarly, the quotes stating that Feith's office drew on "both reliable and unreliable reporting" to produce a link between al-Qaeda and Iraq "that was much stronger than that assessed by the IC [Intelligence Community] and more in accord with the policy views of senior officials in the Administration" were also from Levin's report. The article also stated that the intelligence provided by Feith's office supported the political views of senior administration officials, a conclusion that the inspector general's report did not draw.The two reports employ similar language to characterize the activities of Feith's office: Levin's report refers to an "alternative intelligence assessment process" developed in that office, while the inspector general's report states that the office "developed, produced, and then disseminated alternative intelligence assessments on the Iraq and al Qaida relationship, which included some conclusions that were inconsistent with the consensus of the Intelligence Community, to senior decision-makers." The inspector general's report further states that Feith's briefing to the White House in 2002 "undercuts the Intelligence Community" and "did draw conclusions that were not fully supported by the available intelligence."
Official's Key Report On Iraq Is Faulted
'Dubious' Intelligence Fueled Push for War

By Walter Pincus and R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, February 9, 2007; Page A01

Intelligence provided by former undersecretary of defense Douglas J. Feith to buttress the White House case for invading Iraq included "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" that supported the political views of senior administration officials rather than the conclusions of the intelligence community, according to a report by the Pentagon's inspector general.

Feith's office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda," according to portions of the report, released yesterday by Sen. Carl M. Levin (D-Mich.). The inspector general described Feith's activities as "an alternative intelligence assessment process."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/08/AR2007020802387.html

See there is the problem you always have with truth and what you wish. You comment a day late and dollar short on a column that was based on untruths, now admitted.

Any possible errors made by the author of the piece do nothing to mitigate the facts of the matter, dear lady. It was, after all, the exaggerations, prevarications and disinformation by which the Bush administration led this country into an illegal war and a botched occupation. An occupation which failed, on all levels, to meet even the minimum requirements of the Geneva Conventions for occupying forces.

Forum List

Back