On Romney

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Romney is a Plutocrat; that does not mean he is greedy, heartless or crazy; nor that he is "bent on enslaving women. It's simply that he works - if what he did at Bain can be called work - to create wealth for himself and a select few.

To some what he and Bain have done is honorable, to others it is the exact opposite. If true, that his actions and those of his partners at Bain were the cause of suffering to the many and pleasure to the few, then he is not of the Right Stuff for the job of POTUS.

Romney is a Plutocrat; that does not mean he is greedy, heartless or crazy; nor that he is "bent on enslaving women. It's simply that he works - if what he did at Bain can be called work - to create wealth for himself and a select few.

To some what he and Bain have done is honorable, to others it is the exact opposite. If true, that his actions and those of his partners at Bain were the cause of suffering to the many and pleasure to the few, then he is not of the Right Stuff for the job of POTUS.

I hear you. Great post.

I started a thread yesterday chronicling how Romney wants to cut 10% of all federal government employees through attrition. Meaning, I guess, that as people leave they aren't replaced; he suggested a 2-1 rate meaning that if 2 people leave, they will hire one to do the job that the two people did.

One person doing the work of two.

Nothing says more about his thought processes than that, I think.

So a businessman has to be prefect and a government official can fuck things up all the time? hmmmmmmmmm

I hear you. Great post.

I started a thread yesterday chronicling how Romney wants to cut 10% of all federal government employees through attrition. Meaning, I guess, that as people leave they aren't replaced; he suggested a 2-1 rate meaning that if 2 people leave, they will hire one to do the job that the two people did.

In most government agencies 3 people are already doing the work of one, so this will help it balance out.

• Banned

I hear you. Great post.

In most government agencies 3 people are already doing the work of one, so this will help it balance out.

Really, you have proof. I worked in and with law enforcement agencies for over 30 years and know what you posted is not true. I'd like to see your evidence; having worked with District Attorney's (prosecutors) and Public Defenders, Probation Officers and Parole Agents, Police Officers and Sheriff Deputies, DEA, INS (now ICE) ATF, ABC and Animal Control I know what you posted is untrue.

Well, no, it really doesn't.

The question I think here is how many people does it take to do work.

I work in an office where my department had 10 people when I started but 5 now. If anything, our level of work has increased. Now, yeah, it's nice that we found efficiencies, absolutely, but is this good for the economy in general?

Any economy has to have a certain number of people pulling the wagon vs. riding in teh wagon.

If you are pullling the wagon that much harder for someone who doesn't want to work, that is wasteful.

But if you are pulling the wagon that much harder to benefit a few people who just want more wealth, that is equally bad.

Thank God that the democrat party didn't have the political courage to pursue and promote the new, updated pedophile inclusive ERA of '08 or '09. It was just smoke and mirrors and ammunition for future jerks to use. You have to be brain dead not to consider the real abuse Bill Clinton and his ditsy wife caused generations of women and there is nothing more heartless than a community activist with a $20 in his hand either buying dope or paying for a vote. What happened to the stimulus money? Only 6% went to shovel ready jobs. The rest went to anti-Semite nut cases and anti-American agnostics who actually booed when God and Israel were included in the democrat platform.

• Banned

So a businessman has to be prefect and a government official can fuck things up all the time? hmmmmmmmmm

Well, as usual, you miss the point. No one is perfect and no one "fucks things up all the time".

I hear you. Great post.

I absolutely believe there is redundancy in agencies. However having an across the board policy of slashing people is a god awful idea. Yes it eliminates redundancy, but in a trying to carve your name in a tree with a hatchet kind of way.

History tells a lot about a person, he is not at all interested in the people of America. Just as he wasn't when he took a hold of businesses, ran them into the ground and the hard working people lost everything while he and a few got filthy rich.

I hear you. Great post.

I absolutely believe there is redundancy in agencies. However having an across the board policy of slashing people is a god awful idea. Yes it eliminates redundancy, but in a trying to carve your name in a tree with a hatchet kind of way.

Your absolute believe maybe true in some agency in some states or communities. I can attest to the fact that caseloads in California for investigators, social workers, parole and probaton personnel, prosecutors, judges and court personnel etc. have more than tripled.

History tells a lot about a person, he is not at all interested in the people of America. Just as he wasn't when he took a hold of businesses, ran them into the ground and the hard working people lost everything while he and a few got filthy rich.

He also took struggling businesses, cut the fat, and made them profitable again, saving jobs that would have disappeared had that business failed. Making him seem like Mr Burns is just as disengenious as those trying to paint him as some sort of savior to the little people.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Your absolute believe maybe true in some agency in some states or communities. I can attest to the fact that caseloads in California for investigators, social workers, parole and probaton personnel, prosecutors, judges and court personnel etc. have more than tripled.

I do think anytime people refer to "cutting goverment" they are almost always talking about federal, not state :)

I hear you. Great post.

Really, you have proof. I worked in and with law enforcement agencies for over 30 years and know what you posted is not true. I'd like to see your evidence; having worked with District Attorney's (prosecutors) and Public Defenders, Probation Officers and Parole Agents, Police Officers and Sheriff Deputies, DEA, INS (now ICE) ATF, ABC and Animal Control I know what you posted is untrue.

I notice all your references are in law enforcement. Go to any other agency like the traffic bureau, the state DEP, or the dept of buildings, especially in large cities, and see how alot of people can do so little for so long.

I do think anytime people refer to "cutting goverment" they are almost always talking about federal, not state :)

Most of my experience is local (I have worked with the Feds and State agencies, and the Employees of the St. of Californa have taken hits in salary, benefits and staff cuts for years). Fewer do more even as the state population grows.

Well, as usual, you miss the point. No one is perfect and no one "fucks things up all the time".

well the break it down for us........

I hear you. Great post.

Do you work for the government?

I hear you. Great post.

That must be why cops here won't send an officer out to investigate when cars get broken into... Let me guess, they were not talking about police officers, they were talking about OTHER government workers....like CIA agents...oh wait.

A select few? LOL What a moron! Who are these "Select few", Freddo? How were they picked? How did Romney insure that they were the only ones who benefited?

Tell us! Astound us with your knowledge of Capital markets!

Forum List

Back