On Romney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wry Catcher, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,186
    Romney is a Plutocrat; that does not mean he is greedy, heartless or crazy; nor that he is "bent on enslaving women. It's simply that he works - if what he did at Bain can be called work - to create wealth for himself and a select few.

To some what he and Bain have done is honorable, to others it is the exact opposite. If true, that his actions and those of his partners at Bain were the cause of suffering to the many and pleasure to the few, then he is not of the Right Stuff for the job of POTUS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,069
    I hear you. Great post.

I started a thread yesterday chronicling how Romney wants to cut 10% of all federal government employees through attrition. Meaning, I guess, that as people leave they aren't replaced; he suggested a 2-1 rate meaning that if 2 people leave, they will hire one to do the job that the two people did.

One person doing the work of two.

Nothing says more about his thought processes than that, I think.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,092
    So a businessman has to be prefect and a government official can fuck things up all the time? hmmmmmmmmm

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. martybegan

martybegan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,046
    In most government agencies 3 people are already doing the work of one, so this will help it balance out.

5. Wolfsister77

Wolfsister77 Knowledge Is Power Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    Well, when you are President, you need to work for everyone, not just a select few.

6. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,186
    Really, you have proof. I worked in and with law enforcement agencies for over 30 years and know what you posted is not true. I'd like to see your evidence; having worked with District Attorney's (prosecutors) and Public Defenders, Probation Officers and Parole Agents, Police Officers and Sheriff Deputies, DEA, INS (now ICE) ATF, ABC and Animal Control I know what you posted is untrue.

7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,087
    Well, no, it really doesn't.

The question I think here is how many people does it take to do work.

I work in an office where my department had 10 people when I started but 5 now. If anything, our level of work has increased. Now, yeah, it's nice that we found efficiencies, absolutely, but is this good for the economy in general?

Any economy has to have a certain number of people pulling the wagon vs. riding in teh wagon.

If you are pullling the wagon that much harder for someone who doesn't want to work, that is wasteful.

But if you are pulling the wagon that much harder to benefit a few people who just want more wealth, that is equally bad.

8. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,857
    Thank God that the democrat party didn't have the political courage to pursue and promote the new, updated pedophile inclusive ERA of '08 or '09. It was just smoke and mirrors and ammunition for future jerks to use. You have to be brain dead not to consider the real abuse Bill Clinton and his ditsy wife caused generations of women and there is nothing more heartless than a community activist with a $20 in his hand either buying dope or paying for a vote. What happened to the stimulus money? Only 6% went to shovel ready jobs. The rest went to anti-Semite nut cases and anti-American agnostics who actually booed when God and Israel were included in the democrat platform.

9. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,186
    Well, as usual, you miss the point. No one is perfect and no one "fucks things up all the time".

10. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    I absolutely believe there is redundancy in agencies. However having an across the board policy of slashing people is a god awful idea. Yes it eliminates redundancy, but in a trying to carve your name in a tree with a hatchet kind of way.