On A Wing And A Prayer....

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
Literally....An IDF pilot lands the MD F-15 with a wing missing. I like the quote at the end: "If you fly an F-15 fast like a rocket you don't need wings". :lol:

This video is even more amazing than the one someone posted the other day about the A-10 that landed with a huge hole in the wing.

Amazing that he was able to bring it back home safely.

• Banned
This video is even more amazing than the one someone posted the other day about the A-10 that landed with a huge hole in the wing.

Amazing that he was able to bring it back home safely.

I also was thinking about the Warthog as being this well-built....and to think they're both 40 year old designs!

Ever watch an F15 at an airshow? I saw one come past the stands at around 200 ft, stood up on it's tail, and shot up into the air like a rocket. They have one of the best climb rates of any aircraft out there.

• Banned
Ever watch an F15 at an airshow? I saw one come past the stands at around 200 ft, stood up on it's tail, and shot up into the air like a rocket. They have one of the best climb rates of any aircraft out there.

I have not.

I have not.

If you ever get the chance to go to an airshow where they have an F15, go.

I promise, they are a thing of great beauty and speed, and can fly like crazy.

Forum List

Back