Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Would be the headlines, if it wasn't Drudge, but it is:

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc98.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 24, 2004 11:09:31 ET XXXXX

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES

**World Exclusive**

Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry personally phoned anti-Kerry swift boat vets, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry reached out to Robert "Friar Tuck" Brant Cdr., USN (RET) Sunday night, just hours after former Sen. Bob Dole publicly challenged Kerry to apologize to veterans.

Brant was skipper of the #96 and # 36 boat and spent time with Kerry in An Thoi. Kerry and Brant slept in the same quarters, and Brant used to put Kerry back to bed at night when Kerry was sleepwalking.

Brant received a call from Kerry at his home in Virginia while he was watching the Olympics on TV.

The call lasted 10 minutes, sources tell DRUDGE.

KERRY: "Why are all these swift boat guys opposed to me?"

BRANT: "You should know what you said when you came back, the impact it had on the young sailors and how it was disrespectful of our guys that were killed over there."

[Brant had two men killed in battle.]

KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Kerry then asked if he could meet Brant ["You were one of the best"] -- man to man -- face to face.

Brant declined the invite, explaining that Kerry was obviously not prepared to correct the record on exactly what happened during Vietnam and what happened when Kerry came back.

Developing...

theim said:
"Oh, uh, I was talking about all the OTHER veterens, not you guys"

priceless.

Priceless indeed! Sounds like someone is doing a little sucking up! Is Kerry that stupid that he thinks it will make things better to say "I wasn't talking about the Swifties?" I think he may have just gotten himself into more trouble with "all the other veterans"!!!

:poop:

It begs the question, if he wasnt talking about the swifties, then how did he see all of these atrocities? His 4 month tour consisted only of swift boat activity, then how could he have had an eyewitness account of all the atrocities OTHER Veterans were committing?

He's dug the hole, now he needs to crawl out of it. But, it's one HUGE, DEEP, frickin' hole.

It's his mouth that's got "himself" into trouble, and it's his mouth that would get "America" in trouble if he were ever to be President.

He's a two bit, back peddling, spinless, two faced, LIBERAL, loser. Send him packing.

It would be interesting to know what Kerry's IQ is. We are told by the libs how intelligent, intellectual and nuanced he is, as opposed to that idiotic Texas cowboy (that's what they say, not me).
Kerry is incredibly stupid! One day he's in Detroit bragging about all the SUV's he owns; a few days later - on Earth Day - he denies owning an SUV. He brags about all the world leaders who want him to win. It never occurred to him that someone was bound to ask him to name names.
He makes speech after speech condemning "Benedict Arnold companies exporting jobs overseas" until he's reminded that 57 out of 79 HJ Heinz factories are overseas too. Kerry says he didn't mean it and blames his speech-writers. He doesn't understand that his constant references to his four months in Vietnam are making him a laughing stock (even before the swiftVets blew up in his face).
I remember one incident in particular: Kerry is down in Louisiana on a campaign trip. He marveled at how that part of the world reminded of the Mekong Delta!
I about fell of my chair when I heard that one!
I can't believe the Dems chose such an inept candidate as Kerry. They thought he was more "electable" than their real hero, Howard Dean. They should have stuck with Howard.

Dont forget when Kerry was in North Carolina last Friday whining about how the people of North Carolina have been losing their jobs thanks to President Bush and that he will fix the problem, when two hours later they release the unemployment numbers and show that N Carolina has an unemployment rate of 4.7 well below the nation average.

theim said:
"Oh, uh, I was talking about all the OTHER veterens, not you guys"

priceless.

Heheh. Yeah, that's like saying "I didn't mean that racist remark for you, I meant if for all those n****** over there."

Yeah, that'll win some friends.

Forum List

Back