OMG - another ACA lie from HuffPo

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Luddly Neddite, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Obamacare Health Insurance Rules Saved Customers $1.5 Billion Last Year: Study

Here's the study -

Insurers' Responses to Regulation of Medical Loss Ratios - The Commonwealth Fund

I know this won't stop the incessant and childishly stooopid lied from the rw's but, wth, who cares. Not me. What I care about is that I'm getting better coverage for less money and, unlike the lazy ass rw's, I'm paying for my own insurance.

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Yippy skippy...The feds dictating profit margins for private businesses.

Hope you're not too disappointed when you find out that Mao jackets only come in gray.

3. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    That's an idiotic comment but since you're a good little "capitalist", you'll be sending your refund back.

Good for you.

4. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Informative links. Thanks.

The ACA driving insurers out of the market, forcing people to choose new insurers, and likely new doctors.

Another notch in the belt of the liar-in-chief.

5. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    LOL

I do admire the rws' talent for writing fiction and then telling themselves its fact.

6. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119

From your link:

7. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,298
    Dear Luddly:
    1. That's good if it means people are paying for their OWN health care, and getting refunds if they don't use what they paid in. What's questioned is people paying for OTHER people's health care without the same level of accountability and standards the payer believes in.

So for example, Luddly, where I believe in FREE spiritual healing to cut the costs of addiction, recovery from abuse and cancer, etc. I would still be required to pay into a system where it is becoming legal for people to smoke pot and run up medical costs for complications of cancer, psychological dependency, and other symptoms that 'could have been' eliminated by using spiritual healing for free instead of addictive substances.

How do you fix that Luddly, without changing the opt out requirements to include beliefs like mine that are DISCRIMINATED against by this bill, where govt is regulating religion?

2. As for paying for your own insurance, the Conservatives I know who are against the ACA DO agree that everyone should have equal choice and responsibility for paying for their own way. Quit making a straw man argument out of this, just so you can shoot down your own argument.

If you are saying that people are lying and basically DO want the govt to keep paying their medical care, then the complaint is mutual.

3. As for getting better coverage for the money, USAA was already top in service WITHOUT govt regulation imposing on the free market. So this and other charitable companies were already PROOF that insurance providers could work on an equitable basis, including paying back dividends, WITHOUT federal mandates forcing them to.

Luddly this is like the prolife prochoice argument.

I believe people can choose to prevent abortion better WITHOUT making it illegal or criminalizing/penalizing people for abortions.

Same here, I believe people can provide better means of health care services by FREE choice, i.e. WITHOUT mandating how this is done through federal regulations people disagree with.

Luddly, do you really NEED the govt to tell you to do the right thing before you do it?

The people I know who believe in taking responsibility do so WITHOUT depending on govt.
    THAT is the difference, Luddly.

Do you get it?

People CHOOSING to buy insurance or CHOOSING to fund medical education and charitable service programs FREELY in order to take responsibility.

vs.

People DEPENDING on govt to force them or regulate the medical system
    which then PRECLUDES spiritual therapies and treatments that cannot
    be legislated or regulated by govt so this causes a conflict.

Do you not trust people to take responsibility? Why not?

Especially if we trust people with the choice of something as serious as abortion,
    why do you NOT trust someone with the choice of funding their own health care?

The "lazy ass rw" I know would rather invest in building charity hospitals to provide services for free instead of relying on govt funded by forced mandates into a bureucratic system that isn't free.

Do you just not know anyone who is responsible and that is why you think this way?

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    That's your problem right there: You think all money belongs to the Gov't. It doesn't The Gov't has no money until it steals it from someone.

I NEVER send a refund back because they never should have taken my money in the first place.

9. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    "Insurers" were the main part of the problem.

The "bottom line" didn't include keeping people alive.

And..that's a problem.

10. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    The government makes the money in the first place.

No really..literally makes it.

As in mints it.

Check the Constitution. You might have an epiphany.

:cool: