O'Malley fires up Iowa

But if you guys are expecting Democrats to save you from Hillary (because no one in the GOP Clown Car can) you might be hoping for something that won't happen.

Almost any perceived Republican candidate can beat Hillary Clinton. She's only inevitable in the mind of hyper partisan Democrats.

Only, more than 1,000 pieces of solid polling data to date do not support your claim.

That math is not agreeing with you right now.

CAN and WILL are two very different things.

1,000 pieces of solid polling data to date don't have to support my claim when "to date" is one and a half years out from the general election. One would think you guys would figure this out by now. Polls this early are nothing more than mental masturbation for partisans.

But if you guys are expecting Democrats to save you from Hillary (because no one in the GOP Clown Car can) you might be hoping for something that won't happen.

Almost any perceived Republican candidate can beat Hillary Clinton. She's only inevitable in the mind of hyper partisan Democrats.

Only, more than 1,000 pieces of solid polling data to date do not support your claim.

That math is not agreeing with you right now.

CAN and WILL are two very different things.

1,000 pieces of solid polling data to date don't have to support my claim when "to date" is one and a half years out from the general election. One would think you guys would figure this out by now. Polls this early are nothing more than mental masturbation for partisans.
Au contraire. Early polling is often uncannily predictive. Early polling in 2011 for 2012 was pretty much spot-on.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Some stories about how more Democrats are giving a serious look at O'Malley. Good looking guy (we know how important image is), good speaker. Very pro-America speech. White male, though, so he'll have to overcome that. I'd think he'd have a better chance than Webb with those who are looking for a Plan B, although both are long shots.

"White male, so he'll have to overcome that" is something that only a person who struggles with race would say.

You see, i'm not even sure where you are even getting that.

Democrats WON Five of the last SIX presidential Popular votes. They stole one election that gave them incumbancy in another.

The only election a Republican candidate won in the last 28 years was 2004, when you had an incumbent president, a not horrible economy, and an ongoing war. In short, all the winds blowing in the right direction, and Bush only still won because he exploited homophobia in a few states when that was still a thing.

Or to put it another way, the last clean election the GOP won was 1988. In that election, minorities only made up 15% of the electorate, and Bush got 60% of the White Vote, 11% of the black vote and 30% of the Hispanic vote. He won 53-45 and won 40 states.

By comparison, when Romney ran, Minorities made up 28% of the electorate. ANd even though Romney got 59% of the White vote (almost as good as Bush), he got 6% of the black vote and 27% of the Hispanic vote. He lost 47% to Obama's 51%.

I just don't see how any Republican easily breaks those numbers against any Democrat.

Au contraire. Early polling is often uncannily predictive. Early polling in 2011 for 2012 was pretty much spot-on.

Yeah, like in 2007 when it was going to be Rudy and Hillary all the way to Election Day.

He won the race for mayor of Baltimore as the only white Democratic candidate in a predominately black city. Invoking race when it doesn't matter makes you look as guilty as any race baiting liberal.
He won the Democratic primary, the real election day in Baltimore City, against multiple African-American opponents not by a plurality, but by a majority of the vote. I see him as an extremely attractive Veep candidate next to Hillary.

Yeah, like in 2007 when it was going to be Rudy and Hillary all the way to Election Day.
Only, Rudy never announced.

A little discernment on your part could go a long, long way.

Good advice, Hans...

Giuliani Announces He s In 08 Presidential Race

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani jumped into the 2008 presidential race yesterday, filing a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission and declaring on national television last night, "I'm in this to win."

Giuliani's actions were aimed at erasing any lingering doubts about whether he would enter the 2008 campaign and came after an intensive month of activity in which he has stepped up his political travels, broadened his political team and expanded his fundraising operation. A formal announcement will come later, Giuliani said.

Good advice, Hans...

Giuliani Announces He s In 08 Presidential Race

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani jumped into the 2008 presidential race yesterday, filing a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission and declaring on national television last night, "I'm in this to win."

Giuliani's actions were aimed at erasing any lingering doubts about whether he would enter the 2008 campaign and came after an intensive month of activity in which he has stepped up his political travels, broadened his political team and expanded his fundraising operation. A formal announcement will come later, Giuliani said.

I apologize. That is correct.

And then he never did anything, Cletus.

And he was already out of the race on January 30th, 2008.

Forum List

Back