Ole'! ?

• Banned
'Manda the Panda!!

panda0106.jpg

PANDA LOVE!!!

panda500_500.jpg

Etymology is a useless thing, JB. Words mean what we deem them to mean. Why are you rooting around in it?

Etymology is a useless thing, JB. Words mean what we deem them to mean. Why are you rooting around in it?

As I have said before, he has a thousand bookmarks to facts ... but not an ounce of gray matter to understand what anything really means. ;)

You think so? I always find it interesting, the origins of words and phrases.

words have roots and meanings, though they are capable of changing over time. it is an interesting pursuit... it's people who are fast and loose with definitions and language who have issues with that type of thing.

• Banned

I thought it of mild interest. I find it very interesting, what people like KK have done with it in their own minds. I never said anything about the meaning of 'ole'. I merely expressed mild interest in its etymology. The rest was all their own minds and projections.

I thought it of mild interest. I find it very interesting, what people like KK have done with it in their own minds. I never said anything about the meaning of 'ole'. I merely expressed mild interest in its etymology. The rest was all their own minds and projections.

Historically, it makes sense, considering the Muslim conquest of Spain.

Forum List

Back