Okay..........they're going to get the money, but where will the bodies come from?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
We've all heard that Trump wants to rebuild the military, and he wants to increase the size of the Navy. Well, okay, if that's what he thinks he needs to do, if he can get Congress to authorize the money, build away.

Only one problem that nobody seems to be mentioning. Staffing all those planes, tanks and ships with bodies to operate them. Currently, there is only about 1 percent of the entire population that has ever served, and recruiting is getting harder and harder because very few people want to join during a war. Saw that happen shortly after 9/11 when I was with Amarillo MEPS, and a lot of people who were thinking of joining decided not to after the war started.

And, with the current mood of this country, I don't really think that too many people are eager to join. I saw what happened to my Navy when Reagan did his increase but didn't think to increase recruiting quotas and a lot of ships were severely undermanned.

I hope Trump remembers the mistakes of the past and doesn't repeat them when he tries to build up our military.

Quick question for the board, since Trump is looking to greatly expand the military, how would you feel about a family member joining up and serving? Me? I've already done my 20 years.

We've all heard that Trump wants to rebuild the military, and he wants to increase the size of the Navy. Well, okay, if that's what he thinks he needs to do, if he can get Congress to authorize the money, build away.

Only one problem that nobody seems to be mentioning. Staffing all those planes, tanks and ships with bodies to operate them. Currently, there is only about 1 percent of the entire population that has ever served, and recruiting is getting harder and harder because very few people want to join during a war. Saw that happen shortly after 9/11 when I was with Amarillo MEPS, and a lot of people who were thinking of joining decided not to after the war started.

And, with the current mood of this country, I don't really think that too many people are eager to join. I saw what happened to my Navy when Reagan did his increase but didn't think to increase recruiting quotas and a lot of ships were severely undermanned.

I hope Trump remembers the mistakes of the past and doesn't repeat them when he tries to build up our military.

Quick question for the board, since Trump is looking to greatly expand the military, how would you feel about a family member joining up and serving? Me? I've already done my 20 years.

Draft?

Force illegals into the military??

Maybe have it where U.S. citizen turn 18 and they must join for four year for four years of college???

Draft?

Maybe have it where U.S. citizen turn 18 and they must join for four year for four years of college???

Chances are there could be a draft soon , because how else will they be able to man all the equipment?

There's plenty of recruits, but it's expensive to turn No Child Left Behind into a functioning adult, rather than a parasite bed wetting occutard. who needs "safe space" and shits on cop cars. Libturds have infested the military. There's no way we could accomplish things on the scale we used too. Too many "leaders" have turned too many shops into union jobs.

I signeed up deliberately to go to OEF/OIF. Did my tours with 12 years gov service I've witnessed the decline first hand.

Draft?

Chances are there could be a draft soon , because how else will they be able to man all the equipment?

The most simple way would be to offer every illegal male and female that are between the ages 18 to 35 full citizenship if they will join and stay for ten years.

Also upping pay and offering scholarships will attract the younger generation.

Also lowering the bar for the dumber ones would help.

Also someone that is about to do five years or less in jail could be offer a chance to redeem themselves through the military.

Jack the wages double of what it is now across the Board, and you will get your "volunteers."

marines-white-house-733x412.jpg

Draft?

Has technology created less of a need for manpower?

When I served I was the projectile man in a 5" gun. Below me was the handling room where the powder and projectiles were stored. An elevator was loaded below and the projectile was lifted out of the 'dumb waiter' by me and placed in the breach. Before I could do that other members of the gun crew needed to make sure the breach block was in place, and the brass - holding the powder - was in place, other wise the projectile would drop out of the mount and roll around on the deck (a lose cannon, so to speak).

Including the gun captain there were six of us in the mount, and several below passing up the brass and the projectile, and still the gun wouldn't be fired by any of us, it was then in the control of fire control on the bridge. My guess is today, when GQ's is called, most of the work was done before the ship left the beach, and if all went well all that is needed is a toggle or two and a button to push.

A crisis and threat to national security and the promise of a generational war will bring the recruits. It always does.

get the Draft going , no illegals in USA military as has been suggested . The ones that don't like the draft , show them where Canada is and clean up the USA for a generation or 2 just like happened in the late 60s and early 70s . Never again an amnesty though .

Back when every physically fit male was eligible for the draft I enlisted in the Marines rather than be drafted into the Army. At first in Parris Island I thought I made a big mistake. In retrospect it was the best decision of my life and it focused a stupid kid into a successful civilian career. You almost gotta laugh that lefties who enjoy life in the greatest Country in the world can be such hypocrites. Kids today don't have to worry about the draft but they can still be the best and get a fantastic benefits package with a couple of years enlistment. What's not to like?

Personally, I was a draft dodger.

as soon as I got my draft notice. I enlisted in the Navy.

Don't forget gays,women,and the whole lgbt community are wanting equality, here's your chance to show us how much y'all help make America Great again. Join the military and give back to a country that lets you live like you want, and you will probably be fighting other countries that stone to death your kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back