Oil depot hit and on fire in Russia's Belgorod: governor

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Belgorod seems to be a hot spot these days. Not only were Russian troops attacked while at a training range....but the Ukraine seems to be ramping up attacks. I would speculate that this is in retaliation for Putin's strike against civilian targets in the Ukraine?

An oil depot in Russia's Belgorod region bordering Ukraine is on fire after being shelled on Saturday, the governor said, as strikes increases against the area.
A power station in Russia's Belgorod city was set ablaze on Friday after a Ukrainian strike, the regional governor said
© STRINGER A power station in Russia's Belgorod city was set ablaze on Friday after a Ukrainian strike, the regional governor said
"We're getting bombed again. One of the shells hit the oil depot in the Belgorod region," regional governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said.
He said emergency services were already on site, adding there was "no risk" of the fire spreading.
Gladkov posted a photo showing flames and plumes of black smoke rising above a building.
State-run news agency TASS cited a source in the emergency services saying the burning depot was located in the village of Razumnoye-71, near the city of Belgorod.
Last week Russia complained of an increase in artillery and missile strikes on its territory bordering Ukraine.
The Belgorod region has regularly come under fire.
The capital of the region, also called Belgorod, had been hit more rarely.
But on Friday a power station in the city was set on fire by a Ukrainian strike, causing electricity cuts.
This came a day after a rocket gutted the top floor of an apartment building in the city of Belgorod, without causing injuries.
A munition depot in the region was also destroyed on Thursday.

Earlier in the week, Ukrainian strikes knocked out power in the town of Shebekino, in the same region. A 74-year-old woman died and several others were wounded in the town.

Putin is turning Russia into a hated entity. I dread to see that. There are many, many people in Russia who'd never rush out to murder masses and masses of people who know their language for the land's mineral wealth and the Ukraine farmers' capability of being one of the world's foremost bread baskets for the hungry nations it nourishes with its hard workers in the farming industry. I hope President Putin takes a hint from the world's anger toward him and considers a future of live and let live. He is in a position in which generosity to all is demanded. He's ignoring that to his peril. Otherwise, Russia is going to triple its battlefield losses, and nobody cares to see common men dying right and left. He is headed for a leveling of Russia's population centers. If Putin doesn't stop his reckless mass murders of innocent civilians, I recommend that the good people of St. Petersburg move the Hermitage's timeless treasures to a region devoid of population and war. It's the biggest country on earth, and Catherine the Great saw to it the best pieces of art world wide were taken to the Hermitage. Eh, don't mind me. I love art and saw some of the most cherished works of art on earth when I visited the Hermitage in 2006 with my late husband.

Last edited:
Belgorod seems to be a hot spot these days. Not only were Russian troops attacked while at a training range....but the Ukraine seems to be ramping up attacks. I would speculate that this is in retaliation for Putin's strike against civilian targets in the Ukraine?

An oil depot in Russia's Belgorod region bordering Ukraine is on fire after being shelled on Saturday, the governor said, as strikes increases against the area.
A power station in Russia's Belgorod city was set ablaze on Friday after a Ukrainian strike, the regional governor said's Belgorod city was set ablaze on Friday after a Ukrainian strike, the regional governor said
© STRINGER A power station in Russia's Belgorod city was set ablaze on Friday after a Ukrainian strike, the regional governor said
"We're getting bombed again. One of the shells hit the oil depot in the Belgorod region," regional governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said.
He said emergency services were already on site, adding there was "no risk" of the fire spreading.
Gladkov posted a photo showing flames and plumes of black smoke rising above a building.
State-run news agency TASS cited a source in the emergency services saying the burning depot was located in the village of Razumnoye-71, near the city of Belgorod.
Last week Russia complained of an increase in artillery and missile strikes on its territory bordering Ukraine.
The Belgorod region has regularly come under fire.
The capital of the region, also called Belgorod, had been hit more rarely.
But on Friday a power station in the city was set on fire by a Ukrainian strike, causing electricity cuts.
This came a day after a rocket gutted the top floor of an apartment building in the city of Belgorod, without causing injuries.
A munition depot in the region was also destroyed on Thursday.

Earlier in the week, Ukrainian strikes knocked out power in the town of Shebekino, in the same region. A 74-year-old woman died and several others were wounded in the town.
I bet if Russia pulled out of Ukraine, giving up all lands they have taken, since they invaded Ukraine in 2014, they would be left alone. It is worth a try. I just don't think Ukraine wants it's land stolen by the Russians and having to live under the constant threat of the Russian government wanting to take over more and more of their country. Putin should Fk off.

Forum List

Back