Oh look

Those detainees that have no legal rights according to some of you, are once again IN COURT and surprise surprise they DO have access to Lawyers, Courts and appeals.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/15/w...rss&adxnnlx=1203081288-KB8DSiEq/Se1bN/r3zRW7A

Actually, this case will decide whether they CAN contest their designations and by what method.

You're not really using this as some sort of indication that habeas corpus hasn't been abolished for these people, are you?

How long have these people been in prison without having the opportunity to face their accusers??

Puleeze....

Find a better issue than justifying Gitmo's procedures. Because if someone said tomorrow that you're a terrorist and you got picked up and sent there, you'd be there for years before anyone had to level charges, if ever.

That the way our government should operate?

Actually, this case will decide whether they CAN contest their designations and by what method.

You're not really using this as some sort of indication that habeas corpus hasn't been abolished for these people, are you?

How long have these people been in prison without having the opportunity to face their accusers??

Puleeze....

Find a better issue than justifying Gitmo's procedures. Because if someone said tomorrow that you're a terrorist and you got picked up and sent there, you'd be there for years before anyone had to level charges, if ever.

That the way our government should operate?

Your a Lawyer and know what you just wrote is a bald face LIE. American citizens even outside the Country can not be detained without access to courts and lawyers and since I am INSIDE the country I can not be sent to Gitmo in any regards. Already decided and done with.

These people are neither US citizens nor were they legal immigrants inside the Country. They are prisoners captured bearing arms against this Country IN a Foreign Country. The Constitution does not automatically apply to them.

Further if we did what some suggest and call them "prisoners of war" your whine about how long they have been held would be obvious for the red herring it is.

They have been represented in our courts by lawyers, they have had rights they do not possess be granted them.

Or perhaps I'm just continuing to ignore you.

Go bother someone else. ;o)

Remember... I don't play with you.

But you do not mind posting outright LIES like the post I am referencing do you?
Or perhaps you just missed all the hoopla when the Courts ruled on the matter LONG ago?

Or perhaps I'm just continuing to ignore you.

Go bother someone else. ;o)

Remember... I don't play with you.

You are are absolutely right, non-citizens are not covered by protections of the U.S. Constitution.

You are are absolutely right, non-citizens are not covered by protections of the U.S. Constitution.

Not totally correct. One can make an argument that anyone IN the US is protected by the Constitution since it says "the people".

But beside the point since the ONLY people at Gitmo are non US citizens captured outside the US.

Jillian's claim that a US citizen can be arrested and sent to Gitmo is a bald faced lie. The court already ruled that can not happen. Further one can not be sent there if arrested inside the US as I understand the ruling also.

Jillian is a Lawyer yet she can not seem to grasp simple concepts that 8 year olds understand. OR she is lying for political reasons.

You should listen to her claim that the " General Welfare" clause in the Constitution completely destroys the concept of limited powers by the Fed. She has stated that that clause allows the Government to do anything and every thing yet she can not explain why the founders bothered writing specific powers in the document and why they STATED the Constitution was written as is to LIMIT the Federal Government to only what it specifically grants.

Forum List

Back