Oh Kathianne.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Said1, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    The Gomery report is ready for release.

I still say the best way to promote Canadian unity and nationalism was to show the short cartoon "The Hockey Sweater" over and over again on "the" CBC. I mean really, Rocket Richard isn't an icon belonging to the french only. You'd think they invented hockey by the way they act. :D

Continued

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well, it looks like they have their hands full. If I get a chance, I'll see what the Captain has, if anything. :thup:

3. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    He'll probably wait until tomorrow, after the report and press releases come out. Apparently we might be looking at an election in 30 days.....big whooop. :firing:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm trying to figure out, are the Canadians over politicized, or under? Honestly!

5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937

The word you are looking for is "indifferent". At this point, it's a well known fact that Martin is the best man standing, simply because of the alternatives. Regardless of the conservative majority, Harper doesn't appear to be the "people's" choice, or the choice of his party anymore - problem, no one to replace him at this point. The NDP and the Bloc, well, they're the NDP and the Bloc. Who's left, Martin.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Wow, just wow! Seems that there are enough people up there that you should have a few alternatives? Is he that good?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Nothing from him today, his wife is in the hospital and with SCOTUS just no time for Canada I guess. Here's one from yesterday though, what do you think?

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005698.php

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I wouldn't say he's that good, it's there are internal party problems and Harper hasn't done well with his public image. He doesn't come off as a baby kisser and it's hurting him. Martin is scum, but he's pretty slick in front of the camera, allows himself to sigh, and appear vulnerable and "upset". He's done a so-so job up to this point, why change? I guess we're more conservative than we thought. :laugh:

Then there's the Indian Affairs thing coming to a head, just in the nick of time. Couldn't have planned that better....nudge, nudge.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    So Martin is a Clinton type. Can he 'cry' on cue? :laugh: It's going to take me years to get all this. :eek2: :eek2:

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Like I said, most Canadians accept the fact that there is no point in ousting Martin with the available alternatives. This doesn't mean we don't care, it simply means that voting for someone else is not in our best intersts at this point. There are probably many who would argue this, but deep down I'm sure they know it to be the truth, as sad as it is. Believe me if there was someone better, this person would be brought to the forefront by Canadians and the media. Lose-lose type of situation I guess.