Oh...it's not a 'baby' or a 'person' - it's just a FETUS...a clump of tissue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DKSuddeth said:
out of the party IS where I was headed with this. Using 'reason' to talk them into seeing things your way is all well and good but if they choose to retain their pro-choice stance would they still be considered a conservative in your view?

In my opinion no they would not be what I understand a traditional conservative to be, and I guess for that matter why would they even care what I thought? But that in and of itself wouldn't keep me from engagin them in a debate if they so desired. I would never presume to kick anyone out of any party, even if I was magically in a position to do so, Im always looking to bring more into a way of thinking. After all that's what political debate is about, not alienation, but agreement through debate, and persuasion. Otherwise what is the point???

DKSuddeth said:
so you boil the 'conservative' position as ONLY prolife, all others are just minor flavors and not TRUE conservatives? The person who's for tax cuts, free markets, pro-democracy and individual freedom but maintains a pro-choice view is just a wanna-be conservative, right?

wha???

Conservatives support the Right to Life of unborn kids. I've yet to meet a conservative who supports Abortion-on-demand.

Liberals support the whims of a mother to have her baby forcably removed from her womb for ANY reason she deems. I've yet to meet a Liberal who supports the rights of unborn people.

You are taking leaps and bounds from my statements.

:)

-=d=- said:
wha???

Conservatives support the Right to Life of unborn kids. I've yet to meet a conservative who supports Abortion-on-demand.

Liberals support the whims of a mother to have her baby forcably removed from her womb for ANY reason she deems. I've yet to meet a Liberal who supports the rights of unborn people.

You are taking leaps and bounds from my statements.

my turn, WHA?????

YOU made the statement that liberals are pro-abortion and conservatives are not, THEREFORE, anyone who has all conservative views with the exception of pro-choice is NOT a conservative. That must mean that if I'm for gay marriage, for welfare, for more government, and pro-life I must be a conservative.

DKSuddeth said:
my turn, WHA?????
YOU made the statement that liberals are pro-abortion and conservatives are not,

Right.

THEREFORE, anyone who has all conservative views with the exception of pro-choice is NOT a conservative.

That's where you started spinning...

That must mean that if I'm for gay marriage, for welfare, for more government, and pro-life I must be a conservative.

And that's where you've spun out of control, off topic, and onto other issues...

wow. :)

-=d=- said:
Right.

That's where you started spinning...

And that's where you've spun out of control, off topic, and onto other issues...

wow. :)

No, I think that was where you tried to say that the only point of view for conservatives lay on the pro-life stance and that all others were liberals. Now you're just trying to backpedal and save your :moon4:

:teeth:

DKSuddeth said:
No, I think that was where you tried to say that the only point of view for conservatives lay on the pro-life stance and that all others were liberals. Now you're just trying to backpedal and save your :moon4:

:teeth:

back pedaling??? WHA??? dude..

"CONSERVATIVES" support PRO LIFE positions

"LIBERALS" support pro-death/abortion positions

"DEER" eat grass and berries

"CATS" use a shit-box to poo in

"HOMOSEXUALS" enjoy having sex with those of the same gender

Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'conservative' believes Abortion = murder.
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'liberal' believes Abortion = effective form of birth control
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'deer' eats berries.
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'cat' uses a shit-box to poo in.
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'homosexual' only has sex w/ those of the same gener.

Stop spinnin, bro. :)

-=d=- said:
Conservatives support the Right to Life of unborn kids.

-=d=- said:
Liberals support the whims of a mother to have her baby forcably removed from her womb for ANY reason she deems.

You said this, right? You also said this

-=d=- said:
Liberals are 'pro-abortion'.

Conservatives are 'not'.

Now, you're using THIS

-=d=- said:
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'conservative' believes Abortion = murder.
Doesn't mean that EVERYONE who labels themself a 'liberal' believes Abortion = effective form of birth control

which is NOT what you said above and you say I'M the one spinning? :read:

I'm getting dizzy with all of your spin, bro. ;)

DKSuddeth said:
You said this, right? You also said this

Now, you're using THIS

which is NOT what you said above and you say I'M the one spinning? :read:

I'm getting dizzy with all of your spin, bro. ;)

Are you being serious? Or nit-picky?

Republicans support Bush. You'd call me a 'liar' because not EVERY republican does. See what you are doing?

(sigh). YOU added the words "EVERY!" and "IF they don't, they are NOT".

But I WOULD wager one cannot be a 'conservative' AND support abortion. As I wrote earlier, the idea that a woman has a 'right' to abortion-on-demand is inconsistant with Conservative ideals.

Again - wow...

The more I think about this the more frustrating it is...

You are doing this:

Darin - Chocolate is brown or white

Duane - What do you MEAN chocolate is candy-shelled? Are you saying if it's NOT candy-shelled, it's not chocolate?

Darin - uh? Wha? No...I said Chocolate comes in brown or white; I guess sometimes it's candy-shelled.

Duane - so which is it?

Darin - which is what?

Duane - Which is it - are Candy-shelled chocolates NOT candy?

Darin - Erp? Look; it's simple. Chocolate comes in two colours; brown or white. The topping, for lack of a better term is irrellevant.

Duane - So now you are saying Candy isn't candy unless it's chocolate??? Stop spinning!!

Darin - I have a headache now...wow. It's like we're reading and reply to two different threads.

sorry you have a headache. lay down and it may get better. But it seems to me you are still saying that the abortion stance is the main stance of being a conservative and i'm just not buying it. Lets hear it from all the conservatives, is abortion the primary viewpoint in being considered conservative?

-=d=- said:
Again - wow...

The more I think about this the more frustrating it is...

You are doing this:

Darin - Chocolate is brown or white

Duane - What do you MEAN chocolate is candy-shelled? Are you saying if it's NOT candy-shelled, it's not chocolate?

Darin - uh? Wha? No...I said Chocolate comes in brown or white; I guess sometimes it's candy-shelled.

Duane - so which is it?

Darin - which is what?

Duane - Which is it - are Candy-shelled chocolates NOT candy?

Darin - Erp? Look; it's simple. Chocolate comes in two colours; brown or white. The topping, for lack of a better term is irrellevant.

Duane - So now you are saying Candy isn't candy unless it's chocolate??? Stop spinning!!

Darin - I have a headache now...wow. It's like we're reading and reply to two different threads.

wow, you get all of this out of your inference that pro life is conservative and pro choice is liberal? no wonder you have a headache.

DKSuddeth said:
wow, you get all of this out of your inference that pro life is conservative and pro choice is liberal? no wonder you have a headache.

Yes. Pro-Life is a conservative standpoint. Pro-death is a Liberal standpoint.

DKSuddeth said:
but not the main ones now, is that what you're changing your position on? :)

Change? I haven't changed ANYTHING Duane. Show me ONE conservative who supports abortion-on-demand. I bet you could find somebody who 'claims' to be conservative yet agrees with killing babies...My answer to them is: "You're fooling yourself".

Go back and read what I wrote - don't interject what you 'think' I mean...just take what I wrote on face value; because it's truth. You not believing it's 'truth' doesn't make it any less so.

-=d=- said:
Change? I haven't changed ANYTHING Duane. Show me ONE conservative who supports abortion-on-demand. I bet you could find somebody who 'claims' to be conservative yet agrees with killing babies...My answer to them is: "You're fooling yourself".

Go back and read what I wrote - don't interject what you 'think' I mean...just take what I wrote on face value; because it's truth. You not believing it's 'truth' doesn't make it any less so.

darin, this goes back to my ORIGINAL post about how you think that anyone who is NOT pro-life CANNOT be a conservative. Don't you see thats what you're saying, yet later you say its not?

DKSuddeth said:
darin, this goes back to my ORIGINAL post about how you think that anyone who is NOT pro-life CANNOT be a conservative. Don't you see thats what you're saying, yet later you say its not?

You said that - not me. I wrote:

Liberals are 'pro-abortion'.

Conservatives are 'not'.

Why do you have a problem with that? Then I said "Pro-life is a CONSERVATIVE ideal...not a LIBERAL ideal. I bet you could FIND somebody who 'calls' themself a conservative who is Pro-Death...but I'd say they are fooling themselves. It's like you - you are a closet Conservative Republican. :)

-=d=- said:
You said that - not me. I wrote:

Why do you have a problem with that? Then I said "Pro-life is a CONSERVATIVE ideal...not a LIBERAL ideal. I bet you could FIND somebody who 'calls' themself a conservative who is Pro-Death...but I'd say they are fooling themselves. It's like you - you are a closet Conservative Republican. :)

I can't be, I'm pro-choice.

DKSuddeth said:
darin, how can you call me a closet conservative republican if I'm pro-choice?

You can be a republican - you could even be a democrat and be pro-life. Your 'pro-death' position shows that you still have some 'learning' to do, on your path to enRIGHTenment ;)

I said 'You're a closet Conservative' not to label you, or convince you or others. It was said 'tongue-in-cheek'; Said facetiously, - a form of joking without it being obvious to perhaps, everyone. :) In comedy, a comdian likes to bring back jokes earlier in the monologe, and apply them towards the end, to tie them together. For the last few months? longer? When you'd post stuff a few of us would say stuff like "See? You're REALLY a conservative"....Me using it there was a way of re-calling a prior joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back