Oh, I get it. Because "science" has gotten too "Liberal"

Right wingers insist that it's not possible that only 6% of scientists are "Republican".

The reasons:

1. blah...blah...blah.

So the scientific source for your 6% number is....invented in your brain?

Not very suprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rdean's problem is that he cannot comprehend really basic stuff like.... science is apolitical. No scientist should be so ingrained in any political view that he allows those opinions (because that's what politics is... opinion) to influence the results of any scientific study.

By the evidence provided by rdean, research suggests that he is a partisan hack who is absolutely clueless about science.

Actually, the reason scientists even bother with cross country peer review is to limit the influence of culture on their research.

With right wingers, they already have all the answers they need. That's why they don't need such things as "data, research, study or even education".

Its the right who seek out the few scientists who are paid to talk crap about GW and claim they are right over the vast majority of the scientific community.

Its the right who USE science.

How funny you dont see that CG

Both sides USE science, you total moron. Science is beyond political views and should not be influenced by politics. It's the left with their use of GW to promote political agendas that I object to, not the science. Of course, one does need to have some political and scientific integrity to understand that. Since you - and rdean - lack both, I do not expect you to understand it.

Is it any wonder anyone interested in science would not want to be a part ofd the rights failed ideas?

Part of the rights whole gig is insulting anyone who is well educated and claiming they are corrupt and elitists if they understand science.

Right wingers insist that it's not possible that only 6% of scientists are "Republican".

The reasons:

1. blah...blah...blah.

So the scientific source for your 6% number is....invented in your brain?

Not very suprising.

Yea, prove me wrong.:popcorn:

You can start here:

The Huffington Post? You have to do better than that.

They just sold out to the crypto-fascists at AOLTimeWarner.

You want us to trust fascists?

Its the right who seek out the few scientists who are paid to talk crap about GW and claim they are right over the vast majority of the scientific community.

Both sides USE science, you total moron. Science is beyond political views and should not be influenced by politics. It's the left with their use of GW to promote political agendas that I object to, not the science. Of course, one does need to have some political and scientific integrity to understand that. Since you - and rdean - lack both, I do not expect you to understand it.

You are right to a point, the left uses real science to guide their decisions and the right uses fringe science to hang onto their failed ideas.

I dont mind using real science to make decisions, in fact that is the smart thing to do.

Using fringe science to battle REAL science for political purposses is what the right does.

rdean is impervious to facts. He even embarrasses the liberals around here as well.

We have a game going, everytime rdean mentions 6% scientists, the board takes a shot.

We all constantly teeter on the brink of alcohol poisoning.

You are right to a point, the left uses real science to guide their decisions and the right uses fringe science to hang onto their failed ideas.

I dont mind using real science to make decisions, in fact that is the smart thing to do.

Using fringe science to battle REAL science for political purposses is what the right does.

So explain for the board the implications of non-linear dynamic models.

Oh yeah, truthmatters is an embarrassment to the liberals around here as well.

She's better than rdean, but thats like saying Terry Schiavo is smarter than the frozen head of Walt Disney.

When you try to pretend that fringe science is more dependable than what the majority of people in the scientific field think then you are using science for political purposes.

It is what the right has been doing for decades.

When you try to pretend that fringe science is more dependable than what the majority of people in the scientific field think then you are using science for political purposes.

When you try to characterise real science as fringe science, then you are using science for political purposes.

The scientists your side touts as the ONES who are right are the fringe of the field.

That IS using science for political purposes.

The day the right accepts what the scienctific world really thinks we may make some progess.

Blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians as a group were 23 percent of the U.S. population but only 6 percent of the total science and engineering labor force. [29] Blacks and Hispanics were each about 3 percent, and American Indians were less than 1 percent of scientists and engineers

Chapter 5: Minority Scientists and Engineers

Forum List

Back