Oh, I get it. Because "science" has gotten too "Liberal"

R

rdean

Right wingers insist that it's not possible that only 6% of scientists are "Republican".

The reasons:

1. It can't be.

2. It's not possible.

3. Science has become too liberal.

4. Republican scientists are afraid to be "outed".

5. Republican scientists only work in "industry".

6. Republican scientists aren't "political".

When I point out that 97% of scientists believe in the Theory of Evolution, then that means only 3% of Republican scientists believe in "mystical creation".

With numbers this dismal, do Republicans think they can take a leadership position in education or science?

Which is why this is in the "humor" section. Because it's a "joke" to think there are more than 6%.

anyone who denies sceince would not likely seek it as a field.

The right has pushed themselves out of the scientific fields with their failed ideas.

Which is why it, pardon the word, "mystifies" me. What right winger would want to become a scientist and become ostracized by the right wing community?

The only way to have pure science is to keep out religions and politics.

The right has pushed themselves out of the scientific fields with their failed ideas.

Less then 5% of scientists are black and hispanic.

Less then 5% of scientists are black and hispanic.

Which is hilarious:

40% of Americans interviewed in national Gallup Poll surveys describe their political views as conservative, 35% as moderate, and 21% as liberal

"Conservatives" Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Over at least the past decade, the federal S&E workforce has become more diverse, with increasing numbers and percentages of women and minorities. Women's share of the federal S&E workforce rose from 21% in 2000 to 27% in 2009. The share of minorities (Asians, blacks, Hispanics, and American Indians)rose from 18% in 2000 to 22% in 2009, with Asians at 9%; blacks, 8%; Hispanics, 4%; and American Indians, 1%

Laboratory Equipment - S&E Workplace Becoming Increasingly Diverse

Looks like blacks and hispanics are more than double the number you pulled out your butt.

Actually, it's possible they are "double" the mere 6% of Republicans. Maybe that's why they have black and Hispanic and gay and women organizations of "science", but none I could find of Republicans. Maybe there aren't enough Republican scientists to start one? Oops!

Black people 'less intelligent' scientist claims:

One of the world’s most respected scientists is embroiled in an extraordinary row after claiming that black people are less intelligent than white people.

James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in discovering the structure of DNA, has provoked outrage with his comments, made ahead of his arrival in Britain today.

Black people 'less intelligent' scientist claims - Times Online

One of the world’s most respected scientists is embroiled in an extraordinary row after claiming that black people are less intelligent than white people.

James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in discovering the structure of DNA, has provoked outrage with his comments, made ahead of his arrival in Britain today.

Which is odd since black people are the FIRST people.

Tools may offer clues to earlier migration from Africa

USATODAY.com

Right wingers insist that it's not possible that only 6% of scientists are "Republican".

The reasons:

1. It can't be.

2. It's not possible.

When I point out that 97% of scientists believe in the Theory of Evolution, then that means only 3% of Republican scientists believe in "mystical creation".

With numbers this dismal, do Republicans think they can take a leadership position in education or science?

Which is why this is in the "humor" section. Because it's a "joke" to think there are more than 6%.

Did I upset you again? The US population is approximately 20% liberal and 40% conservative. Let me see if I can explain the math to you. It is statistically impossible to take any random sampling of that population and end up with only 6% conservatives. If you knew anything about math you would know that.

notagain.jpg

negged for rdeaning

Last edited:

USATODAY.com

Hey genius.

Just because mankind originated in Africa that does not mean that they were black at the time.

USATODAY.com

Hey genius.

Just because mankind originated in Africa that does not mean that they were black at the time.

And you guys call me a fool? Ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ha ha tee hee giggle giggle (small burp) - now wiping tears from eyes.

Thanks, I needed that.

The reasons:

1. It can't be.

2. It's not possible.

Did I upset you again? The US population is approximately 20% liberal and 40% conservative. Let me see if I can explain the math to you. It is statistically impossible to take any random sampling of that population and end up with only 6% conservatives. If you knew anything about math you would know that.

Uh huh, sure. Explain why that is.

You guys agree with PEW when it's something you "agree with". When it's not, you call it "statistically impossible" - which in Republican speak means, "I don't care what the evidence is, I refuse to believe it because I don't want to". In the mean time, don't you have an abortion to stop? School lunches for poor children to "phase out"? An oil company to apologize to?

Rdean's problem is that he cannot comprehend really basic stuff like.... science is apolitical. No scientist should be so ingrained in any political view that he allows those opinions (because that's what politics is... opinion) to influence the results of any scientific study.

By the evidence provided by rdean, research suggests that he is a partisan hack who is absolutely clueless about science.

Rdean's problem is that he cannot comprehend really basic stuff like.... science is apolitical. No scientist should be so ingrained in any political view that he allows those opinions (because that's what politics is... opinion) to influence the results of any scientific study.

By the evidence provided by rdean, research suggests that he is a partisan hack who is absolutely clueless about science.

:eek::eek:

REALLY!!

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_hand:

Oh right, now I remember why I ignore his posts

Its the right who seek out the few scientists who are paid to talk crap about GW and claim they are right over the vast majority of the scientific community.

Its the right who USE science.

How funny you dont see that CG

Forum List

Back