Oh, deer!

Ohh I did not say I don't kill em. I kill em and give em away.
All legal as pest control.

they are hell on sheet metal too.

Strange thing though one cannot kill turkeys for damaging property in KY.
Legally that is.

I say your property, your decision. I know it's still illegal though....

I had and have the same approach where I grew up in Florida. Growing up on the water, the only size limit we had was "can we filet it". When I visit my parents, (same house on the water) the same rule applies. The water nazi's can go screw themselves.

Not illegal to kill deer destroying property in KY. You just need to report it as a killed deer and why. Now they may come out and if there is a big pile of corn where you killed it....
I have written permission from the department of fish and game in any case.
knowing people helps clear the way.

It is illegal to kill wild turkeys destroying property though.

Deer are a lot thinner here this year though. reumor has it that black tongue or somesuch killed about 40%.
you put the pile of corn to feed the cattle

;)

I say your property, your decision. I know it's still illegal though....

I had and have the same approach where I grew up in Florida. Growing up on the water, the only size limit we had was "can we filet it". When I visit my parents, (same house on the water) the same rule applies. The water nazi's can go screw themselves.

Not illegal to kill deer destroying property in KY. You just need to report it as a killed deer and why. Now they may come out and if there is a big pile of corn where you killed it....

I was talking about the turkey's though.

I usually just run the turkeys off with a paintball gun, lots of chartruse splotched turkeys around last year :)
They do not mess up the corn once it gets some size on it.

I have 7 ft high electric around my garden which works well for them. Alternate strands of hot and ground 8 inches apart.

I usually just run the turkeys off with a paintball gun, lots of chartruse splotched turkeys around last year :)

I have 7 ft high electric around my garden which works well for them. Alternate strands of hot and ground 8 inches apart.

Do they taste good? The turkeys?

the breast of wild turkeys are ok. The rest not so much.

the breast of wild turkeys are ok. The rest not so much.

How much meat? Is it worth it to shoot them?

Lets do some hunting!!

GE_XM214_Minigun-2.jpg

That aughtta thin the herd out............

DSC00979.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00978.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00363.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00362.jpg
[/IMG]
FILE00192.jpg
[/IMG]
FILE0117.jpg
[/IMG]