Oh, deer!

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Took this photo of a doe standing in my farm lane about an hour ago.

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture2648-deer.jpg

Why is it still walking ?

There are so many deer on this farm that they are nearly tame. They are becoming a big pest. Next week is deer season and the weekend after Thanksgiving. There will be fewer of them but still there will be plenty. It's not unusual to see the deer laying around in my yard like dogs.

Why is it still walking ?

There are so many deer on this farm that they are nearly tame. They are becoming a big pest. Next week is deer season and the weekend after Thanksgiving. There will be fewer of them but still there will be plenty. It's not unusual to see the deer laying around in my yard like dogs.

ahh shoulda guessed---season already opened here.:Boom2:

About a dozen regularly eat with my cattle.
Too bad I do not like venison.

We have a large deer population and they do lots of damage to our corn every year.

Ohh I did not say I don't kill em. I kill em and give em away.
All legal as pest control.

they are hell on sheet metal too.

Strange thing though one cannot kill turkeys for damaging property in KY.
Legally that is.

I was exploring the property I'm buying in Alabama and came across a pile of deer scat. I called the wife and told her. She said we'd have to buy a chest freezer and I would have to stop them damned deer from shitting in her back yard

About a dozen regularly eat with my cattle.
Too bad I do not like venison.

We have a large deer population and they do lots of damage to our corn every year.

Legally that is.

I say your property, your decision. I know it's still illegal though....

I had and have the same approach where I grew up in Florida. Growing up on the water, the only size limit we had was "can we filet it". When I visit my parents, (same house on the water) the same rule applies. The water nazi's can go screw themselves.

Legally that is.

I had and have the same approach where I grew up in Florida. Growing up on the water, the only size limit we had was "can we filet it". When I visit my parents, (same house on the water) the same rule applies. The water nazi's can go screw themselves.

Not illegal to kill deer destroying property in KY. You just need to report it as a killed deer and why. Now they may come out and if there is a big pile of corn where you killed it....
I have written permission from the department of fish and game in any case.
knowing people helps clear the way.

It is illegal to kill wild turkeys destroying property though.

Deer are a lot thinner here this year though. reumor has it that black tongue or somesuch killed about 40%.

Last edited:

Legally that is.

Not illegal to kill deer destroying property in KY. You just need to report it as a killed deer and why. Now they may come out and if there is a big pile of corn where you killed it....
I have written permission from the department of fish and game in any case.

I was talking about the turkey's though.

Forum List

Back