Zone1 Oglala Sioux Tribe Temporarily Suspends All Christian Missionary Work

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Multi-Dimensional Warrior
In an emergency meeting Tuesday July 26, the Oglala Sioux Tribal (OST) Council temporarily suspended all activity of Christian missions on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

The OST passed an ordinance requiring all churches and religious organizations to complete a new form to request the right to conduct missionary work on the reservation. That form will be reviewed by the tribe’s executive committee.

The tribe also put a restriction on utilizing images, videos, and names of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and its citizens without a signed consent form from the OST executive committee.
Lets hope this becomes permanent.

Lets hope this becomes permanent.

For once we agree on something. These missionaries can be very insistent that people of other faiths adopt Christianity, and depending on how aggressive they are, it can be either mildly insulting or downright infuriating.

That land belongs to the Oglala. Far be it from me to encourage the government to violate yet another treaty with the tribes.

They can do as they want on the reservation, the constitution does not apply there.

Even the post-civil war amendments specifically excluded "Indians not taxed" as not counting for purposes of representation.

Yes, our own U.S. Constitution still says that in a passage still in effect.

While I don't approve of this move, because I believe in freedom of religion, it is their nation, they are free to do with it as they wish.

I do agree, what the missionaries were preaching, was as offensive to them, as what atheists or Luciferians spout off to Christians, but meh, that is all part of the will of the Creator.

"Before any final solution to American history can occur, a reconciliation must be effected between the spiritual owner of the land - American Indians - and the political owner of the land - American Whites. Guilt and accusations cannot continue to revolve in a vacuum without some effort at reaching a solution. "

~ Vine Deloria Jr.

iu

For once we agree on something. These missionaries can be very insistent that people of other faiths adopt Christianity, and depending on how aggressive they are, it can be either mildly insulting or downright infuriating.

But yet I'll answer the door and chat with them. Not like they're gonna slip me a date rape drug and convert me against my will. We're here listening to "other people's problems" in this thread. I think that's a smart thing to do.

Not just imperfect people, imperfect people in positions of authority with government backing which makes them potentially deadly.

Am I getting to you? :lmao:9 times out of 10 - the serious abuses are with the full force of govt backing. Like the Spanish Inquisition or it's reincarnation the Jan 6th committee. :banana:

Am I getting to you? :lmao:9 times out of 10 - the serious abuses are with the full force of govt backing. Like the Spanish Inquisition or it's reincarnation the Jan 6th committee. :banana:
What do you mean are you getting to me? I already stated that the abuses are with the full backing of the government HOWEVER your comparison of the Jan 6th committee to the Spanish Inquisition is pedantic.

You're comparing people being put to death to individuals being held accountable for their unlawful behavior at the Capital on Jan 6th? That's extremely childish and scary if you are serious.

Forum List

Back