Officials: Dems Plan Quick 2009 Start on Bills

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON — Eager for a quick start, Democratic congressional leaders intend to begin work in early January on priority legislation so it can be ready for President-elect Barack Obama's signature shortly after he takes office, according to officials familiar with the plans.

These officials said an economic aid measure, legislation to expand health care for lower-income children and a loosening of Bush administration rules covering federally funded embryonic stem cell research are among the bills at the center of discussions with Obama aides.

All three issues have been the focus of battles between the Democrats in Congress and President George W. Bush, and early enactment of any would underscore the change ushered in by this month's election

Officials: Dems Plan Quick 2009 Start on Bills - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

I told ya SCHIP would be at the top of the list. all those 44 year old children in mama's basement need healthcare! but yer taxes ain't going up,,, :lol::lol::lol:

Obama is also set to reverse Bush policies and agenda. They are all ready to move on day one which is a good thing, imo.

I think Republicans taking over all three branches a few years ago is still fresh in their minds and they want to be sure they make good use of their time. I see them working for the future of the Democratic party and they can't wait to get going.

Obama is also set to reverse Bush policies and agenda. They are all ready to move on day one which is a good thing, imo.

I think Republicans taking over all three branches a few years ago is still fresh in their minds and they want to be sure they make good use of their time. I see them working for the future of the Democratic party and they can't wait to get going.

that's what I see too,, we are so screwed.

LOL! Just sit back and enjoy the ride, kids. You had your chance for the last eight years. We now know how well the Republican party can do. We see it daily in the news out of Iraq and Afghanistan. We see it daily on the worlds stock markets.

Willow, you are damning America taking care of it's poor children. The original bill would have cost 12 billion over 10 years. We spend 10 billion a month in Iraq for a war started on the basis of lies. Your morality is very evident here. But the childrens health care is just the start. We will have a real health care system in this nation, one like those in other successful industrial nations. And, yes, since it will cost money, you will pay your share. Of course, paying their fair share just bends the hell out of a Republican. But pay you will.

LOL! Just sit back and enjoy the ride, kids. You had your chance for the last eight years. We now know how well the Republican party can do. We see it daily in the news out of Iraq and Afghanistan. We see it daily on the worlds stock markets.

Willow, you are damning America taking care of it's poor children. The original bill would have cost 12 billion over 10 years. We spend 10 billion a month in Iraq for a war started on the basis of lies. Your morality is very evident here. But the childrens health care is just the start. We will have a real health care system in this nation, one like those in other successful industrial nations. And, yes, since it will cost money, you will pay your share. Of course, paying their fair share just bends the hell out of a Republican. But pay you will.

just make sure my taxes don't go up ya hear? you promised. Oh, and while yer at it prove that Republicans don't pay their fair share! 40% of yer Democrats pay zero,, so go ahead convince me.

These officials said an economic aid measure, legislation to expand health care for lower-income children and a loosening of Bush administration rules covering federally funded embryonic stem cell research are among the bills at the center of discussions with Obama aides.

Oh my God, this is horrible!!!

And yet.. some things about the SCHIP bill haven't changed. Also a reminder.. Even Democrat senators will not fall in line with this give away if they recieve enough constituent phone calls.

SCHIP Bill Increases Illegal Immigrants' Access to Medicaid and Undermines Welfare Reform

December 3, 2007
SCHIP Bill Increases Illegal Immigrants' Access to Medicaid and Undermines Welfare Reform
by Robert E. Rector
WebMemo #1714

Under current law, illegal immigrants are eligible for emergency medical services funded through the Medicaid program but are not eligible for normal benefits through Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). In addition, according to the provisions of the 1996 welfare reform law, legal immigrants are not eligible for normal Medicaid and SCHIP benefits for the first five years they reside in the United States.
The Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (H.R. 3963),passed in the Senate and the House of Representatives,[1] significantly changes the law with respect to both legal and illegal immigrants. H.R. 3963 affects not only SCHIP but also the far larger general Medicaid program. Specifically, the SCHIP reauthorization bill:
weakens the evidentiary and document standards governing entry into the Medicaid program, thereby making it easier for illegal immigrants to fraudulently obtain benefits; and
overturns the limitations on immigrant use of Medicaid enacted in the 1996 welfare reform law by gutting the administrative procedures used to determine immigrant eligibility, thereby readily permitting immigrants to receive benefits for which they remain legally ineligible.
Problems with the Bill

And yet.. some things about the SCHIP bill haven't changed. Also a reminder.. Even Democrat senators will not fall in line with this give away if they recieve enough constituent phone calls.

December 3, 2007
by Robert E. Rector
WebMemo #1714

Under current law, illegal immigrants are eligible for emergency medical services funded through the Medicaid program but are not eligible for normal benefits through Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). In addition, according to the provisions of the 1996 welfare reform law, legal immigrants are not eligible for normal Medicaid and SCHIP benefits for the first five years they reside in the United States.
The Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (H.R. 3963),passed in the Senate and the House of Representatives,[1] significantly changes the law with respect to both legal and illegal immigrants. H.R. 3963 affects not only SCHIP but also the far larger general Medicaid program. Specifically, the SCHIP reauthorization bill:
weakens the evidentiary and document standards governing entry into the Medicaid program, thereby making it easier for illegal immigrants to fraudulently obtain benefits; and
overturns the limitations on immigrant use of Medicaid enacted in the 1996 welfare reform law by gutting the administrative procedures used to determine immigrant eligibility, thereby readily permitting immigrants to receive benefits for which they remain legally ineligible.
Problems with the Bill

yes it will pass, the Democrats now owe their soul to the hispanic voter block it's the price they will pay, they now have to agree to give illegals everything they want including their jobs,,,buying elections don't come cheap.. I can't wait to hear the Democrats wail when the illegals take 3/4 of those jobs the obamalama is promising edit to add and when the 30 million or so illegals and all their familes are granted amnesty the African American population will truly be a minority. And when the hispanc's succeed which they will in America because they are willing to take any job and work hard. they will become much more traditional and conservative... oh well,, that's life..

Last edited:
yes it will pass, the Democrats now owe their soul to the hispanic voter block it's the price they will pay, they now have to agree to give illegals everything they want including their jobs,,,buying elections don't come cheap.. I can't wait to hear the Democrats wail when the illegals take 3/4 of those jobs the obamalama is promising edit to add and when the 30 million or so illegals and all their familes are granted amnesty the African American population will truly be a minority. And when the hispanc's succeed which they will in America because they are willing to take any job and work hard. they will become much more traditional and conservative... oh well,, that's life..

Granted the Dems are heavily indebted to the Hispanic voter block, but I'm not so sure that they'll want to try this kind of give away without Republican cover. I guess we'll all find out.

Forum List

Back