Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

Oh and I don't know if its one shot deal you have or what. If Wake announced it on the thread ( your choice) , it seems pointless to be honest, unless he does not say who is protected.

Grandma's would be useless for scum and Shaitra's is like a bodyguard ability which would be useless to scum.

Mertex's is something that would help scum.

Don't take my theory away again Wake.

I'd like to be able to go with one of these and this one makes sense.

Actually they would be useful to scum if there is a town vigilante and Wake taking your theory away suggest that there is one. So while your post may not be accurate, it has lead to some additional information possibly being revealed. Makes me hopeful in light of their two potential night kills that we can shoot back.

This really isn't working for me.

That speaks volumes.

Shouldn't you be more worried about how it plays out for town instead of for you?

Right, I get crap for assuming things and here you are.

I'm not giving you a hard time. Redirect your train of thought and see how we can use our abilites for a town win. Think about those in your neighborhood. If you trust them as being town, get ideas from them. Town must work together this game, not against each other. Too many are already trying to start crap with each other. Think about who isn't participating right now.

Oh and I don't know if its one shot deal you have or what. If Wake announced it on the thread ( your choice) , it seems pointless to be honest, unless he does not say who is protected.

This is confusing to me. I think I may have been misunderstood, LOL.

Sorry, what I meant was, if you can protect someone and make a choice of "Mary Jane" and send that in PM to wake to protect whomever as your choice. Like me, all the names in the neighborhood were posted here. So if you make a choice, is Wake going to say. Wolfsister chooses to protect "mary jane", therefore making it pointless since scum would know they can't NK. Mary Jane.

Okay.

Mertex had the ability to steal another's Ability.

That can be useful to either Scum or Town.

But Mertex was totally bummed about getting the Shield, which would bump her up from presumed Townie to a PR.

Why was she so bummed out? Why did she say that she won't use the shield?

Sorry, but that's straight up Scum.

Am I the only one that noticed that Mertex's play is completely different from Game 4?

Okay.

But Mertex was totally bummed about getting the Shield, which would bump her up from presumed Townie to a PR.

Am I the only one that noticed that Mertex's play is completely different from Game 4?

Nope, I know her scum game. I think you are on the right track with this.

You'd make sure you had a townie to protect. And it appears to be only if a player is targeted by scum that they would die. It would be useless to scum to use but helpful to town to use.

It's a one-shot ability, so if she uses is on someone that isn't targeted thats it. She also dies if she uses it correctly, which is a serious drawback.

Mertex, Do not call me dumb again. Personal insults are not allowed.

Unless I'm mistaken, she referred to your play as dumb, not you personally.

Okay.

She was hoping for a pure protective power probably, rather than 'take targets place' kind of protective power.

So we have several regulars that aren't talking much. After mentioning that she thought I was MIA Rosie has gone silent. What's up with that?

Sorry, what I meant was, if you can protect someone and make a choice of "Mary Jane" and send that in PM to wake to protect whomever as your choice. Like me, all the names in the neighborhood were posted here. So if you make a choice, is Wake going to say. Wolfsister chooses to protect "mary jane", therefore making it pointless since scum would know they can't NK. Mary Jane.

Now that I think about it, that would be kind of pro-scum if the identity of the person shielded and the ID of the shielder were both posted in thread. I would hope that could be done by PM.

TN-It is still an insult which is what Mertex does when confronted. It's pointless to play like that unless you are scum or really pissed off town which I don't get from her.

Now that I think about it, that would be kind of pro-scum if the identity of the person shielded and the ID of the shielder were both posted in thread. I would hope that could be done by PM.

I have no idea what Cafe is talking about. I have not posted my ability here at all.

You'd make sure you had a townie to protect. And it appears to be only if a player is targeted by scum that they would die. It would be useless to scum to use but helpful to town to use.

It's a one-shot ability, so if she uses is on someone that isn't targeted thats it. She also dies if she uses it correctly, which is a serious drawback.

Why is it a serious setback if she dies protecting someone else?

I have no idea what Cafe is talking about. I have not posted my ability here at all.

He is not saying that and neither am I.

Remember when I used my ability? I assumed everyone I picked would remain anonymous, instead Wake told me everyone I picked would be made public. The same way your ability was made public.

So if you decided to use your protection taken from Shai, would Wake post inthread, Wolf has decided to protect "XYZ", therefore scum would know not to go for a NK of "XYZ">

He is not saying that and neither am I.

Remember when I used my ability? I assumed everyone I picked would remain anonymous, instead Wake told me everyone I picked would be made public. The same way your ability was made public.

So if you decided to use your protection taken from Shai, would Wake post inthread, Wolf has decided to protect "XYZ", therefore scum would know not to go for a NK of "XYZ">

Thank You, You were just using my name as an example. Got it now.

I was just talking about the power that Mertex stole from Shaitra generically--if the protect has to be done in the game thread then scum would know the details which would prevent us from being able to block one of the scum NK attempts unless they just went after the bodyguard which they could have done directly anyway. It basically amounts to being another NK immunity like Grandma's.

@Wake
...XXX Bob Plumb

Very tricksy that one is....

Frankly, if we're going to lynch anyone, why not make it the guy who's blatantly asking for it? lol

Because 1) I suspect that he just doesn't understand the game yet and wants out based on my own WTF reaction to my first game; and 2) we don't have the numerical cushion to be dicking around until we have killed at least 1 scum.

True. However, Wake could replace him if he wants out, right?

Not if we lynch him.

we still have several days till the deadline. No need to rush a lynch when he could start playing or we could replace him

I wasn't suggesting we should lynch him. Reread my post.

Wake can't replace him if we lynch him, right?

Sheesh, you suspicious motherfuckers.

Forum List

Back