Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by flacaltenn, May 19, 2019.

1. Angelo

Angelo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,643
    Let's just run on corn ethanol.
    Except corn flakes will be $20 a box and our motors will only last 4 years.

2. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +698
    Well ... the electricity will hold, plenty of land to grow food, clean water in abundance ... just get rid of Federal gubbermint and we're fine here ... change for the good I say ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +698
    God's wants us to build fossil fuel power plants everyplace there's no electricity ... duh ... we're supposed to burn fossil fuels to better the human condition ... plus warm things up some ... who the hell likes snow? ...

4. Angelo

Angelo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,643
    When I was a kid , I thought we'd be travelling like the Jetson's by 2020.

[​IMG]

5. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,990
    Let's just run on corn ethanol.

Awful idea. End the ethanol mandate, today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +698
    Are we trying to replace fossil fuels and still maintain such a high level of energy consumption? ... I don't think it can be done ... it doesn't matter how much alternative energy sources we come up with, we'll just use more energy and keep burning fossil fuels ... alternatives fail without conservation ...

Much better is making ethanol out of sugar cane ... and in no small part this is because sugar cane only grows where there's plenty of hydropower potential ... tropical Brazil for example ...

7. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,506
    I have (I think) a rather unique take on the whole "global warming" debate.

Based on the most basic principles of physics, man (mankind) has to have an affect on our environment. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Mankind has undeniably altered the planet with not only gas emissions but also by deforestation, blacktopping and concreting a large percentage of the land masses, countless billions of heat sources, including Transportation engines and other machinery, Commercial and residential Air Conditioners / Heat Pumps, Electrical Grids, Lighting, etc. . . All the way down to the numbers of human bodies, each one radiating an average of 98.6 degrees, 24/7.

We basically have an enormous electric blanket on our planet that didn't use to be there.

If by nothing more than simple displacement (physics,) Our sea levels have to rise from the simple numbers of floating ships, ship wrecks, man made islands, trash, plane crashes, river flow increases resulting from man made attempts to eliminate flood zones,etc.

Bottom line, it's cumulative and undeniable.

However, despite all of our efforts to warm the planet (intentional or not) our impact simply isn't all that serious.

It is just as undeniable that the planet's own activity with volcanos and such, above and below the oceans, fluctuations in the Sun's output, etc. . . all varies considerably and HAS historically drastically affected the climate, many times before the industrial revolution was in the mix.

I have yet to see anything from any of the alarmists to get me even the slightest bit worried that Man can or has done anything to the planet that the Planet can not absorb or remedy in a way that would render itself uninhabitable to an otherwise intelligent species, like man.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  8. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +698
    I would add domesticated livestock to the list man's altering of the environment ... but otherwise agree completely ... we are warming the planet, but it's trivial ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,121
    Well oil we now know replenishes and coal, we have sooo much of hard to say we would ever run out.

10. jc456

jc456 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,121
    When trees grow, they use water, and can deplete the water enough to kill other plants that need water too. Should we kill trees?

• Winner Winner x 1