Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Andrew2382, Feb 3, 2010.

1. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    good point.Lets also not forget that A-rods salary almost matches the ENTIRE salary for the pirates team.Like i said before,if the NFL had to go the same way major league baseball does,no way in hell would teams like the packers,steelers or rams be able to compete or have a chance at making the playoffs every year.

expect Cliff Lee to be a yankee next year everybody.This guy has no loyalty to his team or the fans.He left the indians to go play for the Phillies for the money,then the phillies for the rangers for the money,the guy only plays the game for the love of the money.Its a given he will be with the yankees next year.He was teammates with Sabathia when they played for The Indians.The only thing that might stop him is if his wife stands up to him and insist that he doesnt go because of how she was spat on and cursed by some yankee fans.Hopefully that will keep him from signing with them,dont count on it though.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. LA RAM FAN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    Great to see both these teams in the world series this year the Giants and The Rangers since The Giants have never won a world series as the San Francisco Giants before and of course this is the first year The Rangers have made it to the world series so either way,whoever wins,it will be the first time for one of these franchises which will be nice.

3. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541

the rangers have done an outstanding job?

are you smoking crack?

they claimed bankruptcy and signed cliff lee...how is that fiscally responsible?

4. LA RAM FAN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,163
    they made it to the world series despite one of the lowest payrolls in the major leagues.I would say thats an outstanding job.:lol: it payed off,got them to their first world series ever.:lol: again like all yankee apologist do,you avoid the points on how its not fair the way they have it set up in the major leagues unlike it is in the NFL.:lol:

5. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    You talk about avoiding points yet you totally disregarded the fact that the rangers FILED BANKRUPTCY, then proceeded to sign Cliff Lee.

The Yankees play by the rules, do you hear the Pirates, Marlins, and Royals cry woe is me when they recieves their millions from Revenue sharing?

Also, i don't know if you have noticed but Major League Baseball in their unfair system has provided just as much if not more diversity in champions then NFL and WAYYYYYY more then the NBA.

The NBA is a joke, it's the same teams over and over again, you go back 30 years and its like 7 teams that have won the championship.

Throughout the past 10 years Baseball has given you many different championship teams from large to small market.

Yankees is a large market in 2000
    Diamondback were small in 2001
    Angels were a small market when they won it in 2002
    Marlins in 2003 were small in 03
    Red Sox t in 04
    White Sox in 05
    Cardnials in 06
    Red Sox in 07
    Phillies in 08
    Yankees in 09
    Giants or Rangers in 2010

Thats pretty god damn diverse if you ask me, and mixed with small market clubs and large.

Not to mention you had very small payroll teams in the playoffs such as the oakland A's, Twins, Marlins, Padres etc...

NFL in the past 10 years you had the Patriots appear in 4 of those superbowls winning 3 of them...The Colts in one and always in the playoffs year in and year out, winning 1 superbowl and losing another.

Steelers winning 2 superbowls.

so please spare me, Major League baseball I will argue has provided more diversity in champions ranging from large and small market teams then the NFL has

6. Truthspeaker

Truthspeaker Αλήθεια η&

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Rangers are in big trouble. And what if the Giants keep hitting?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Paulie

Paulie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,509
    Dude...

You were 1 out away from a potential nail biter of a 9th, and then the Rangers bullpen collapsed and walked the whole ball park.

That win was handed to you. CJ did his job, but Cain was just a little better.

Speaking of Cain, too bad you didn't have Albert Pujols so far in the playoffs instead of Cain, huh? Maybe then, you guys might have made it to the world series. :lol:

8. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    pfft

hitting over pitching paulie....don't you know this?

9. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  10. Truthspeaker

Truthspeaker Αλήθεια η&

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Last year I would have done it and if the offense was as terrible as last year I'd still do it. But this year the offense is a full run per game better than last year so it makes no sense to trade pitching for hitting.
    Ah yes memories...

Speaking of which i'm close to winning a $500 dollar bet that an A's fan made with me over the series. He told me I must be an idiot for betting on the Giants over the Rangers. He said "You must not watch baseball. You ain't seen Rangers hitting before and their pitching will shut you down."
    What a sucker!!!
    Easy money so far.
    So basically he's telling me the Rangers offense and pitching are both better than the Phillies. I might say slightly better this year on offense but not even close on pitching. Cliff Lee my ass!!!