Off topic and disruptive posts

For myself and my opinion only, when threads go off topic, I learn a shitload more about the poster and the topic that is off topic. Unless its a verbal fight over stupid shit. But if they are witty in their battle, I am entertained and stick around the thread just to get my shits and giggles. It's no different than being in a bar. Topics slide all over the place..as well as the person sitting at the stool once he or she has had a few too many. When they fall..its hilarious :auiqs.jpg: .

My gripe is rudeness from staff to long standing members who PAY to keep this place afloat. You don't tell the cook at a greasy spoon his food probably sucks....you might get a booger or a loogey in it once served....nor do you tell those who donate BIG bucks every fucking month they are idiots. BAD BUSINESS. But...I have not seen that lately since my last huff and puff and bailing to another place, so...I'm good. Quite happy to be here again. Until it happens again. Then I will huff and puff again.

Bad business is bad business. And this board IS a business.

In short, Off Topic leads to interesting discussion. Sometimes. Well, most of the time.

I think everyone is aware that this board is one of the least moderated boards on the internet.
There are pro's and con's to that type of moderating. We are aware that we can't please everyone.
If we please one group, another group complains, it's the nature of the beast. A post has to have a bit
of topical point/points in it to be legal, and we let all the collateral bickering continue in the post. If a poster goes all
abstract in the post and only the poster can decipher what was said, then it probably won't fly. Those posters that
are here to just troll usually has a lot of vacation time built up in their account. The cycle of a topical thread usually
has about 4-5 page shelf life, and it usually gets derailed by a food fight. We try to clean it up and a message left
to stay on topic going forward. One thing we are not is miracle workers. Best thing a poster can do when seeing a thread
going south is to flag a post/posts before there is 5 pages in to the food fight or gone off topic. But, don't respond and
become part of the mess in Isle 6.

Forum List

Back