Odd deaths of wild animals

UPDATE: Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission complete necropsy on animals found dead on Orange Lake What could crush alligators and other animals in the wild? If it was a predator they would have been fed on. I ill try and keep track o fit and report on this thread any more information.
The gap tooth, black fat lady from Georgia?

Probably turned the animals to stone also.

1644976290881.png

After thinking about it are the pythons killing for defensive reasons?
I know they dont have to eat very often.
If it is Pythons that may be true. I wouldn't think they could crush a snake. Turtles wouldn't be much of a threat. This will keep me up at night.

Just got a news report more animals on the lake were found crushed including birds. Here's info on Orange lake. Orange Lake is in Alachua County, Florida, about 10 miles south of Hawthorne. It has an area of about 12,550 acres and is part of the Orange Creek Basin, which is in turn part of the Oklawaha River watershed. Cross Creek flows into it from Lochloosa Lake, and Orange Creek drains it into the Rodman Reservoir. Orange Lake also receives water from Newnans Lake that has been diverted from its historic destination of Paynes Prairie. Orange Lake is noted for fishing, especially bass, with many fishing camps on its shores. The lake also has many natural floating islands, which have an "unusually high diversity", especially of amphibians.

If it is Pythons that may be true. I wouldn't think they could crush a snake. Turtles wouldn't be much of a threat. This will keep me up at night.

It's snakes doing the crushing in my hypothesis.
I have to assume you misspoke and meant alligators,which a python could easily crush unless they were very large alligators.

Pythons should be hibernating during this cold weather. I may be mistaken. It is a mystery. X- Files worthy maybe. :cool:

Pythons dont hibernate,at least ball pythons dont.
Other pythons go into what is called brumation similar to what the American Alligator does.
This happens when temps go below 60 degrees for an extended period of time.

If it is a python it is a huge one. And I am getting an urge to go on a hunt for it. If I do I will post about it. :thup:
Just thought at the moment. Maybe it is clearing the territory of potential threats because it is going to have babies. If pythons do that.

If it is a python it is a huge one. And I am getting an urge to go on a hunt for it. If I do I will post about it. :thup:
Just thought at the moment. Maybe it is clearing the territory of potential threats because it is going to have babies. If pythons do that.

Dont know if they act like some predators that will kill off any animal that threatens his/hers food supply.

Here's A news story on it, The Pics might be disturbing for some. Fishermen are shocked after finding dead wildlife floating in Orange Lake
You'll notice. . . in that report, they stated that there was an unusual odor on the Lake. Even the anglers were stating that they were no longer eating what they were catching in the lake.

I am going with, toxic pollution. Either natural or man made.

Either someone is illegally dumping something, or there has been a leak of some dangerous chemical spill up stream . . . . . or something is seeping up, naturally from the ground below.

Huge like this one Lg? I watched this video just last night even though it’s about two months old. Yiiikes!! I decided to cancel that “See Africa Wild” trip I had scheduled lol

Huge like this one Lg? I watched this video just last night even though it’s about two months old. Yiiikes!! I decided to cancel that “See Africa Wild” trip I had scheduled lol

If you really think that’s real you have some major issues.

Forum List

Back