Oceans rising faster than UN forecast

Well, looks like we have a conundrum here.

Code1211 says that sea levels have been rising approximately 3.3 millimeters per year, and in about 100 years that would equal a foot. Which is inconsequential

Chris says that sea levels have been rising 3.1 millimeters per year (less than code's assertion), and sometime within 100 years they will rise by about a meter. Which is 3.28 feet. More than 3 times the amount that Chris stated. And this could be harmful.

OK, so lets break down the math here.

3.3 millimeters x 100 years equals 330 millimeters. Which in the conversion equals 1.08 feet. OK, Code's math checks out. So lets check out Chris' math...

3.1 millimeters x 100 years equals 310 millimeters. Which in the conversion equals .310 meters or 1.02 feet. One third of the supposed meter that it would rise within the 100 years. We even used the maximum span of time of 100 years and it doesn't even come close.

But wait...Chris said that the rate was predicted to grow. Well surely that gives an "out". So lets check it out if we, say, increase the rate of the oceanic rise by 50%. Starting now. Thats a pretty hefty and immediate growth rate, and unlikely as hell, but lets check it out:

4.65 millimeters per year x 100 years equals 1.5 feet, or .465 meters. Not even half of the supposed "projections of sea levels rising by a meter this century". I was even generous. I should have only accounted for 91 years instead of 100 years.

My God Chris is a dupe...

We have the summertime doom n gloom quick-hatch news releases timed for upcoming climate talks and quotes from the very people whose livelihoods depend upon further funding for this projected-maybe-could be-possibly...crisis.

And then Chris of course posts it in here post-haste, and it appears that while he can click a mouse, he cannot add.

Chris, you were completely...

Rex_Grossman_Own3d_OWNED.jpg

What they don't realize is that this has been going on for millions of years. There is nothing we have done to cause it and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Climate does and has been changing...no new news here! This is noting more that a hoax created as a power/money grab for the environuts.

Well, looks like we have a conundrum here.

Code1211 says that sea levels have been rising approximately 3.3 millimeters per year, and in about 100 years that would equal a foot. Which is inconsequential

Chris says that sea levels have been rising 3.1 millimeters per year (less than code's assertion), and sometime within 100 years they will rise by about a meter. Which is 3.28 feet. More than 3 times the amount that Chris stated. And this could be harmful.

OK, so lets break down the math here.

3.3 millimeters x 100 years equals 330 millimeters. Which in the conversion equals 1.08 feet. OK, Code's math checks out. So lets check out Chris' math...

3.1 millimeters x 100 years equals 310 millimeters. Which in the conversion equals .310 meters or 1.02 feet. One third of the supposed meter that it would rise within the 100 years. We even used the maximum span of time of 100 years and it doesn't even come close.

But wait...Chris said that the rate was predicted to grow. Well surely that gives an "out". So lets check it out if we, say, increase the rate of the oceanic rise by 50%. Starting now. Thats a pretty hefty and immediate growth rate, and unlikely as hell, but lets check it out:

4.65 millimeters per year x 100 years equals 1.5 feet, or .465 meters. Not even half of the supposed "projections of sea levels rising by a meter this century". I was even generous. I should have only accounted for 91 years instead of 100 years.

My God Chris is a dupe...

We have the summertime doom n gloom quick-hatch news releases timed for upcoming climate talks and quotes from the very people whose livelihoods depend upon further funding for this projected-maybe-could be-possibly...crisis.

And then Chris of course posts it in here post-haste, and it appears that while he can click a mouse, he cannot add.

Chris, you were completely...

Rex_Grossman_Own3d_OWNED.jpg

Let me guess Chrissy is Grossman?

Oppssee...
EPA May Have Suppressed Report Skeptical Of Global Warming - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The Environmental Protection Agency may have suppressed an internal report that was skeptical of claims about global warming, including whether carbon dioxide must be strictly regulated by the federal government, according to a series of newly disclosed e-mail messages.

Less than two weeks before the agency formally submitted its pro-regulation recommendation to the White House, an EPA center director quashed a 98-page report that warned against making hasty "decisions based on a scientific hypothesis that does not appear to explain most of the available data."

Forum List

Back