Obstructionist President

I hope they throw a bill at him every week. let him veto them ALL. that should help the Democrat party in 2016:badgrin:

Now, that makes a lot of sense. Keep doing that and ignore the other things. It's supposed to be a lame duck president but you are condoning a lame duck congress. It's going to be a very lone 2 years. And if it continues for those 2 years, get ready for more teabirchers to hit the road. The welcome wagon is passing fast.

The majority of Keystone funding comes from Trans-Canada. They would be getting some subsidies in the neighborhood of 1.5 to 1.8 billion that anyone else building a pipe line qualifies for.There is a market for all grades of crude and Keystone will be capable of pumping more than just tar sand oil.
Trans-Canada can no longer afford to pay for the pipeline and the same is true of the Bakken field pipeline which is shorter and has higher quality oil and gas.
They can't afford it at $50 a barrel, but how long to you think Saudi Arabia can hold out flooding the market with cheap oil?
As long as it takes. Iraq owns 1/5 of the world's oil with some of the lowest marginal costs in the world as in less than $15/bbl for some of their fields. Drilling and recovery costs, real costs,.keep dropping as they have for more than 150 years. Alternative sources keep creeping towards parity with drilled oil placing a firm cap on how high oil can go. But that is simply the opinion of people who make their living selling oil.

I hope they throw a bill at him every week. let him veto them ALL. that should help the Democrat party in 2016:badgrin:

He'd leave office having vetoed fewer bills than the great Ronald Reagan. Especially if Boehner keeps the same schedule in the 114th as he did in the 113th. They barely work enough to average a bill per week.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

It took like all of 30 minutes for President Obama's administration to announce his obstructionist policy to the new congress after they were sworn in. How come the media didn't call it obstructionist?
Obama will veto Keystone bill - CNN.com

Not the first time he has been obstructionist since the last election. Obama vows to use veto pen in battle with Congress RT USA
"Obama vows to use ‘veto pen’ in battle with Congress"

I guess obstructionism gets a pass from (most) of the media if yer a liberal..
It has to. The media and the left created the narrative that any critisism of king Obama is racist. In fact any critism of any black liberal is now.

I think President Obama has failed to adequately promote the successes of his administration.

I just criticized the man.

Am I a racist? Lefty's? Am I a racist?

Last edited:
The majority of Keystone funding comes from Trans-Canada. They would be getting some subsidies in the neighborhood of 1.5 to 1.8 billion that anyone else building a pipe line qualifies for.There is a market for all grades of crude and Keystone will be capable of pumping more than just tar sand oil.
Trans-Canada can no longer afford to pay for the pipeline and the same is true of the Bakken field pipeline which is shorter and has higher quality oil and gas.
They can't afford it at $50 a barrel, but how long to you think Saudi Arabia can hold out flooding the market with cheap oil?
As long as it takes. Iraq owns 1/5 of the world's oil with some of the lowest marginal costs in the world as in less than $15/bbl for some of their fields. Drilling and recovery costs, real costs,.keep dropping as they have for more than 150 years. Alternative sources keep creeping towards parity with drilled oil placing a firm cap on how high oil can go. But that is simply the opinion of people who make their living selling oil.

The term, "Pumping Oil" is a misnomour. Oil that is "Pumped" comes up under it's own pressure. When a well goes dry, it just means the pressure is gone. That means that there is more oil still underground than was "Pumped".

Fracking just opens up veins that have pressure in them and allows them to transfer to the main pumping area under pressure. It does NOT actually pressurize and allow the bulk of the oil or gas would have to be actually pumped to get at it. That technology is a bit elusive right now but it will come. Cost is the factor, not the ability.

Fracking changed the game and when they figure out a way of getting the oil out of the wells that are not under pressure after fracking, it's a huge game changer. OPEC is becoming a non entity fast.

Forum List

Back