Object to this, and be labeled as "anti-education"

Yeah the Greeks put Socrates to death because of his odd teaching techniques, and the Socratic method is still used by some teachers.

Laughable:

"
SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics

'In order to learn quantum mechanics, you have to strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain, and start over again,' Prof. Emlyn Hughes said. Against a backdrop of 9/11 and Holocaust images, he remained in a fetal position as two people dressed as ninjas blindfolded stuffed animals."

Read more: SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics - NY Daily News

:clap2: great for a performance art class.

Laughable:

"
SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics

'In order to learn quantum mechanics, you have to strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain, and start over again,' Prof. Emlyn Hughes said. Against a backdrop of 9/11 and Holocaust images, he remained in a fetal position as two people dressed as ninjas blindfolded stuffed animals."

Read more: SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics - NY Daily News

The point of this thread is...??? To demonstrate that this event happened? Okay. That's about all you can get out of this. Great. Thanks for the news flash. Your passing judgment on this professor, for whatever reason, is insanely obnoxious.

Last edited:
I wonder what should be done about these private universities and the people they employ

There's always an odd teacher out there. I had an English teacher in High School who employed rubber chickens as a teaching prop and a math professor who'd jump on tables. As long as no laws were broken, who cares?

It isn't like this is happening at the kindergarten level. This is college. Students will see stuff more bizarre than this on TV. I admit this is fairly odd and unconventional, but if the student doesn't like this, leave the room, drop the class, and file a formal complaint.

Forum List

Back