Obama's Problem: Some GOP Candidates Are More Likable

Who do you think is more likable then Obama? You can vote for more then one.

• Nope. I still like Obama better then any of them

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Sarah Palin

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Rick Santorum

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Michele Bachmann

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Perfect.

Now they have to make us like him again. How in the heck are they gonna do that?

They'll do that the same way all politicans do it.... by realizing that most Americans don't pay any attention to what goes on outside their town or county. He'll be seen at a PETA rally in San Francisco the day after going duck hunting with some NRA member in North Carolina. He'll speak at the VFW convention in Las Vegas and then fly off to an anti-military march at Columbia University in NYC. They will count on the fact that very few Americans really pay attention to what's going on.

As for who is more likeable than Obama.... So far as I'm concerned NONE OF THEM are any more or less likeable than Obama because none of them are Conservatives in my eyes.

I've worked with plenty of CEO's, the successful ones ask the right questions and listen.. As far as I know Romney is quite successful...

As a resident of the Communistwealth that he was Governor of.... Romney would be a TERRIBLE choice for POTUS. He has no ideology. He is not a Conservative. He has no backbone or spine.

Likeability is not a strong point with this crop of candidates

Hey...George Bush was a likeable as they come. One of his only attributes. Not many in this group of candidates that you would want to play a round of golf with or sit down and have a beer

I've worked with plenty of CEO's, the successful ones ask the right questions and listen.. As far as I know Romney is quite successful...

As a resident of the Communistwealth that he was Governor of.... Romney would be a TERRIBLE choice for POTUS. He has no ideology. He is not a Conservative. He has no backbone or spine.

I'm interested.. tell me more..are you coming from a leftist perspective?

No Lumpy, I'm coming from a far RIGHT perspective. I'm an Ultra-Conservative. I border on being an Authoritarian. I'm also a political idealogue.... the sort of person who believes that you shouldn't go spouting a philosophy that you don't believe in, don't live yourself, and aren't willing to fight for.

Romney is a businessman, pure and simple. He's all about political profit. He doesn't really BELIEVE in anything. He rode in as the great "Republican Savior of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts". He turned out to be nothing more than another Liberal sack of shit. Not only didn't he FIX any of they myrad problems in the Commonwealth, he made several more (including Romney Care and signing the bill to allow Gay Marriage in Massachusetts) and simply extended the others.

Obama seems a likable guy. Personally, I don't give a shit about 'likability', it's whether they can do the damned job.

Obama can't.

Palin can't.

Bachmann can't.

Gingrich can't.

Ron Paul can't.

Jury is out on the rest of 'em.

No Lumpy, I'm coming from a far RIGHT perspective. I'm an Ultra-Conservative. I border on being an Authoritarian. I'm also a political idealogue.... the sort of person who believes that you shouldn't go spouting a philosophy that you don't believe in, don't live yourself, and aren't willing to fight for.

Romney is a businessman, pure and simple. He's all about political profit. He doesn't really BELIEVE in anything. He rode in as the great "Republican Savior of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts". He turned out to be nothing more than another Liberal sack of shit. Not only didn't he FIX any of they myrad problems in the Commonwealth, he made several more (including Romney Care and signing the bill to allow Gay Marriage in Massachusetts) and simply extended the others.

Are you sure this isn't the impression the liberal press wanted you to have of him?

Or could it be you're so far right everyone looks liberal in comparison?

Last edited:
Obama seems a likable guy. Personally, I don't give a shit about 'likability', it's whether they can do the damned job.

Obama can't.

Palin can't.

Bachmann can't.

Gingrich can't.

Ron Paul can't.

Jury is out on all of them except Obama.

We know he can't.

The rest is just speculation.

Are you sure this isn't the impression the liberal press wanted you to have of him?

Part of it is definitely the second point. I am so far Right that very few people appear to be even mildly Conservative in comparison.

However, having been a resident of the state at the time of the Romney Administration, I had a front row seat for his schenanigans in Boston. He has no backbone for fighting the good fight. He's more concerned about his political profit than anything else. He didn't fight the Gay Marriage issue. He didn't fight against the healthcare plan. He sat there and allowed the Dems to run over every bit of common sense, reason, and logic that he supposedly brought to the office.

obama-angry-man-child-president.jpg

Obama has a considerable task to accomplish before the 2012 election. He has to reinvent himself. The media has a major task ahead of them. They must make this guy more likable.

Right now only a small percentage of his voters actually like him personally. This is a major problem because there are several GOP candidates that head to head could easily beat him in the likability factor.

Herman Cain won raves from his performance during the first Republican debates last month. One thing I can say about the man, he makes sense. Not only that, when he talks I don't get the distinct feeling that he's talking down to me. He talks from authority but not like a stuck up college professor as Obama does.

Sarah Palin is hated by women and by the left with a passion, but she has won over millions of loyal followers because of her spunky attitude and her personality. If you are receptive to her you can't help like her.

Mitt Romney is still a mystery. He has credibility problems because of Romneycare, but head to head he's still more likable then Obama.

You'll never get one of his avid supporters to face up to it, but Obama is really a classless jerk. He has a terrible sense of humor. He makes jokes in front of crowds about how bad the economy is while everyone there is one paycheck away from a pink-slip. When the Israeli President was talking to reporters in the White House Obama sat there and spent most of the time rolling his eyes and even faking falling asleep. It's an old college prof distraction tactic. If you want to fuck with a student while they're giving a speech in front of the class the prof would sit in the class and pull this stunt. Sometimes it throws them off. I just thought to myself when I saw the video, "How childish". :uhoh3: The Brit's code-name for him was "Smart-Alec". Seems they aren't blinded to the truth.

Very few can argue that Romney seems to take things more seriously then Obama. Sure, if it effects his re-election chances Obama is all on that. As he says with everything "I will not rest till this is taken care of or that is taken care of". :lmao:

But usually he can't stick to anything for long. His primary concern is his next round of golf or the next party, or the next championship team to visit the White House. :thanks:

The tactic that the media is using is to repeat over and over that none of the GOP candidates is worthy. None of them are exciting. They're pitiful.....and yet just about all of them have more likability in one finger then Obama has in his whole body. They didn't have to deal with this problem with Clinton. Clinton today is the most popular politician in Washington. He probably will continue to be till he's gone. He has the Reaganesk quality about him that you just love even if you don't agree with him.

Now that the Osama Bin Laden bump has worn off Obama is now trying to bull shit his way through his terrible economic numbers. His chickens are coming home to roost. All of the neglect is catching up to him. Obama's economic policy is to wait for someone else to come up with solutions and then sic his media friends on them. This is not a policy. This is just a delay tactic meant to hold off the dogs.

I mean honestly, what does he have to offer? His policies are disastrous, he seems to piss off all of our allies when he gets together with them, he can't toast to save his life. What does he have going for him?

Well, at least he hasn't sent pics of himself in an excited state over the net. That is really the only strong point he has. He's a family man who seems to be faithful. At least that is how it appears.

The only thing Obama can do is make everyone else look worse then he is, that way enough people might settle for another 4 years from him. This I can assure you would be the worst event in United States history. No really!!!! We are in serious trouble right now and Obama doesn't seem to care enough to deal with it. After he gets to the point where he doesn't have to care at all what people think about him I believe there will be no more Mr. Nice guy.

Yup.

I know what you're thinking. He's already a jerk. Well trust me, he will get worse. It's in his nature. But I really honestly feel this nature is what the left likes the most about him because it mirrors some of them almost perfectly. That's why they like him, but love him? I don't think so. It's tough to love an asshole. Not unless you're into S&M.

Let's see. They needed a jerk who can lie through his teeth without skipping a beat. A front-man that can distract people just long enough to get their new form of government put in place before anyone gets wise to what it will do to this country.

Perfect.

Now they have to make us like him again. How in the heck are they gonna do that?

You are a funny guy. :lol:

Just who exactly, that would vote for your list of GOP hopefuls. would vote for Obama if his "likeability factor" was higher?

I think you should change your pol to ask..."Of which candidate would you prefer to buy a used car from?".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sarah.. auto comes with lifetime supply of "flexi-straws"..gun ports for hunting...

Newt..... Plenty of room for ex wives..and lots of baggage..

Mitt... car has secret compartments for magic underwear and magic dinner ware..

Herman... Car handles just like a white guys car......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The successful ones hire the right guys..tell them what they want to happen..then stay out of the way while the guys they hired make it so.

My Dad's one of those successful CEO's and he doesn't hire stand out of the way. It's his company, he runs it. He does hire some great people - most of whom started off waaay down the ladder. He tends to promote and train rather than hire at the top.

You tend to judge all CEO's as being like the ones you happen to have met. Ain't like that. They are people, just like everyone else. But most did not become CEO's by letting the other guy do it.

That's kind of what I have seen, read about and experienced. None of the CEO's I've worked with and for have been founders.

Part of it is definitely the second point. I am so far Right that very few people appear to be even mildly Conservative in comparison.

However, having been a resident of the state at the time of the Romney Administration, I had a front row seat for his schenanigans in Boston. He has no backbone for fighting the good fight. He's more concerned about his political profit than anything else. He didn't fight the Gay Marriage issue. He didn't fight against the healthcare plan. He sat there and allowed the Dems to run over every bit of common sense, reason, and logic that he supposedly brought to the office.

He was in charge of a lib state. I can understand some willingness to bend, but his health progrm is not Obamacare by any stretch.

Obama can't.

Palin can't.

Bachmann can't.

Gingrich can't.

Ron Paul can't.

We know he can't.

That's pretty arguable.

In any case..the OP is about likability..and from where I sit..President Obama is far more likable then any of his contenders.

What gives Romney any chance at this point is the economy. It certainly isn't his likablity. While he seems like a quite capable fellow..I really don't see him as being to likable.

He was in charge of a lib state. I can understand some willingness to bend, but his health progrm is not Obamacare by any stretch.

Oh sure it is.

Even Romney doesn't dispute that..or at least he hasn't, yet.

His only argument seems to be that it was implemented on a state level..as opposed to a Federal level.

He was supposed to be there to provide a brake against an out of control Liberal establishment. Instead of doing so, he allowed the train to hurdle even quicker towards the edge and in fact went and blew up the bridge over the ravine.

I try not to compare Romneycare with Obamacare. They're different animals entirely. However, Romneycare is still a massive money pit. Not only hasn't it saved people money, it has drawn even more on the public monies in order to try and keep a system that couldn't even survive its first decade in solvancy. It has added tons of bureaucracy, cost, pains, etc... to everyone. I now have to include proof of my health insurance with my state tax return every year.

The Gay Marriage thing was an even bigger farce. The SJC (Supreme Judicial Court) overstepped its bounds and DEMANDED that the legislature write legislation to make gay marriage legal. Romney didn't even bat an eye to signing that bill. He (and the legislature) should have told the SJC to go piss up a rope.

I don't believe any of this matters at all, much less a problem. Obama's problem is that he doesn't have the balls to be a true leader. Even when the Dems had majority in congress, he always pandered to the GOP and comprimised on every issue from the begining instead of pushing for what he wanted/promised. He needed to have the tenascity of Ronald Regan, not Ronald McDonald.

Last edited:
I don't believe any of this matters at all, much less a problem. Obama's problem is that he doesn't have the balls to be a true leader. Even when the Dems had majority in congress, he always pandered to the GOP and comprimised on every issue from the begining instead of pushing for what he wanted/promised. He needed to have the tanasity of Ronald Regan, not Ronald McDonald.

I agree with this bit of it. And that seems to be a huge problem with Democrats. Clinton was the exact same way.

Oh sure it is.

His only argument seems to be that it was implemented on a state level..as opposed to a Federal level.

Obamacare is over 2000 pages.

Romneycare is around 100.

On what planet are they similar?

Obama can't.

Palin can't.

Bachmann can't.

Gingrich can't.

Ron Paul can't.

We know he can't.

That's pretty arguable.

In any case..the OP is about likability..and from where I sit..President Obama is far more likable then any of his contenders.

What gives Romney any chance at this point is the economy. It certainly isn't his likablity. While he seems like a quite capable fellow..I really don't see him as being to likable.

Long as you're not Israeli, a resident of flyover country, from PA, a Tea Party member, or working at Fox News Obama is really nice.

Oh sure it is.

Obamacare is over 2000 pages.

Romneycare is around 100.

On what planet are they similar?

Mandated healthcare part?

StatuteThe enacted statute, Chapter 58 of the Acts of 2006, established a system to require individuals, with a few exceptions, to obtain health insurance.[19] Chapter 58 has several key provisions: the creation of the Health Connector; the establishment of the subsidized Commonwealth Care Health Insurance Program; the employer Fair Share Contribution and Free Rider Surcharge; and a requirement that each individual must show evidence of coverage on their income tax return or face a tax penalty, unless coverage was deemed unaffordable by the Health Connector.[19] The statute also expands MassHealth (Medicaid and SCHIP) coverage for children of low income parents and restores MassHealth benefits like dental care and eyeglasses.

Massachusetts health care reform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back