Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth

Freemason

What the Dormouse Said
Mar 11, 2009
The Heart Of Darkness...The Horror
Overall, Rasmussen Reports shows a 56%-43% approval, with a third strongly disapproving of the president's performance. This is a substantial degree of polarization so early in the administration. Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative.

Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth - WSJ.com

This happened a lot faster than I thought it would.

Overall, Rasmussen Reports shows a 56%-43% approval, with a third strongly disapproving of the president's performance. This is a substantial degree of polarization so early in the administration. Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative.

I got up at 5am to hear Fox News declaring the Obama administration a failure. They had Dick Morris on to confirm. He used to work with Clinton, which proves that Bill was a centrist, not at all a liberal.

Anyways, with such a negative campaign, no wonder Obama is now at 58% approval rating.

Maybe if Fox didn't have such a negative campaign going, the country would be doing better.

I heard Citi and another bank are both reporting profits for the first quarter this year and the stock market went up again.

Republicans will do anything to get control back. Liars.

I got up at 5am to hear Fox News declaring the Obama administration a failure. They had Dick Morris on to confirm. He used to work with Clinton, which proves that Bill was a centrist, not at all a liberal.

Anyways, with such a negative campaign, no wonder Obama is now at 58% approval rating.

Maybe if Fox didn't have such a negative campaign going, the country would be doing better.

I heard Citi and another bank are both reporting profits for the first quarter this year and the stock market went up again.

Surely you aren't saying that the left didn't say and/or do anything to get their power back. They are above that right?

Slick not a liberal? Do you truly believe that?

And funny... the left never complained when there was a negative campaign against Bush... where was the outrage then??

Obama's numbers will continue to fall as long as he keeps up this radical leftist agenda.... Many people told everyone that he would be governing from the far left, and he is... And we heard all the bullshit crapola that he would be a centrist, moderate DEM when he became Prez, from many a blind DEM or Obama supporter..

He has a shot at winning back Indies and moderate Republicans if he actually stops the lying, stops putting us in major debt, and starts truly working with all sides instead of acting like a pompous fool.... but I would not hold your breath, if I were you

According to Real Clear, he is holding steady:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Rasmussen is a gauge but it leans right, same with WSJ. Real Clear averages several polls and gives a more accurate picture of reality. Sorry, I don't find cherry picking polls very credible.

Eh... the smears only work on the right wingnuts anyway. notice that the imbeciles always pick the one outlier poll to pump up.

reality is, he's still over 60%. wall street is doing better and the religious right is very cranky now that science is back in favor in the white house.

RCP Average 03/03 - 03/10 -- 60.8 30.2 +30.6

RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

they'll get over it or they won't. obama's support among dems and independents remains unchanged. the loonies creating threads like this didn't vote for him, anyway. and if wall street and employment figures start to stabilize, the wingnuts will be left with nothing but a fat oxycontin addict running in 2012.

particularly with nutters like Perry turning down money his states need:

Perry's decision comes despite warnings from Texas Workforce Commission Chairman Tom Pauken that the state's unemployment compensation trust fund could be operating at a deficit by October. Pauken told lawmakers recently that insolvency might not be not far behind.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29663725/

it's all good. ;)

Surely you aren't saying that the left didn't say and/or do anything to get their power back. They are above that right?

Slick not a liberal? Do you truly believe that?

Depends on your definition of liberal, doesn't it?

Contrary to the inane blatherings of the neo-cons, Clinton was not well loved by leftist liberals. He was loved by moderates Dems.

Yes, as has been stated in here for some time now - Obama's numbers have shown a steady decline.

His high approvals were reflections of over emotionalized support not based on reality. That quasi-support has begun to dissipate in earnest now.

That being said, he remains personally popular with a majority of Americans, and as such - IF he learns to lead more effectively (his White House has been aptly described as "chaotic") he could still emerge from this a strong unifying figure for not only the Democrat Party, but the country as a whole.

Yesterday might have been a turning point for Obama - his responses to questions from the business community (w/o telelepromter!) were much more centrist and common-sense than he has sounded since becoming President. I do believe it finally sank in with him that unless he gets on the ball, and his White House puts forth a much more cohesive message regarding the economy, his administration was on the brink of disaster and his personal popularity would vanish among all but his most ardent supporters.

This outcome is promising - though he has far from proven himself capable of grasping complex issues and realizing a real-world approach to governing within those issues, but if he is a quick study, that might in fact happen.

In the meantime, the Republicans are doing an equally credible job as the opposition, though it remains in search of a national figure to represent the party - that may come as the 2010 election cycle kicks into high gear by late summer of this year.

Last edited:
He shouldn't have needed a 'turning point' to begin with.

This has got to be killing the libs that Bush had a higher approval rating than Obama after 50 days in office...

And funny... the left never complained when there was a negative campaign against Bush... where was the outrage then??

Obama's numbers will continue to fall as long as he keeps up this radical leftist agenda.... Many people told everyone that he would be governing from the far left, and he is... And we heard all the bullshit crapola that he would be a centrist, moderate DEM when he became Prez, from many a blind DEM or Obama supporter..

He has a shot at winning back Indies and moderate Republicans if he actually stops the lying, stops putting us in major debt, and starts truly working with all sides instead of acting like a pompous fool.... but I would not hold your breath, if I were you

Ah yes, he should just kiss Limpbaugh's ass like a good Republican, and ignore the reason he was elected by 365 electorial votes.

Hurrah for President Obama's liberal agenda.

This has got to be killing the libs that Bush had a higher approval rating than Obama after 50 days in office...

Bush started his Presidency with a nation that had a balanced budget, was not at war, and whose National Debt was primarily owned by Americans. While there was a recession on, it was a normal business downturn after the longest economic boom in our history under President Clinton. Bush left Obama with two failed wars, the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil unavenged, and the nation teetering on the brink of the Second Great Republican Depression.

Bush started his Presidency with a nation that had a balanced budget.
That's a common misnomer. The truth is, by 1999 the federal budget deficit was already a little over a billion and climbing.

But Mr Bush fucked things up so badly with his deficits that Mr Obama had to create a budget that has a one year deficit almost equal to Mr Bush's 8 year deficit. We'll spend our way out of debt, that always works.

Is there an automatic button that goes off when obama is critized, that says 'go tie it somehow to FOX news?'

The story is from the WSJ, people that like obama don't watch FOX, who cares what they say?

Dick Morris having worked for Clinton proves nothing about Clinton.

Bush started his Presidency with a nation that had a balanced budget.
That's a common misnomer. The truth is, by 1999 the federal budget deficit was already a little over a billion and climbing.

But Mr Bush fucked things up so badly with his deficits that Mr Obama had to create a budget that has a one year deficit almost equal to Mr Bush's 8 year deficit. We'll spend our way out of debt, that always works.

It ended the First Great Republican Depression.

Forum List

Back