Obama's budget is obliterated in the Senate

Senate Shoots Down Controversial Ryan Budget & President Obama's Plan, Too - The Note

Yeah, those dumb Dems, not following the GOoPers in committing political suicide.

:D

In a procedural vote this evening, five GOP senators opposed the Ryan budget: Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins of Maine, Olympia Snowe of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Every Democrat opposed the measure. The final vote tally was 40-57, sending the House-passed Ryan plan down to defeat.

Why do Republicans want to kill grandma?
MediSCARE .....pathetic. I suppose you like the Democrat plan. Do nothing. It ends Medicare a lot faster and with much more pain.

So now Republicans are all on the record for wanting to kill Medicare

Suckers

Whats sad is that most people have not realized that this budget was supposed to have been passed by the Democrats last year, they Kicked the can down the road "Something Obama accused the republicans of doing". Congress is mandated to pass budget bills and the democrat congress of 2010 failed to do their jobs, leaving it to the republicans to make the hard decisions hence giving themselves the chance to fool their dumbass supporters into believing that the republicans are bad and want to take away entitlements. All the GOP is doing is trying to save this country from spending itself into oblivion. It was a cheap dirty politics trick by the Democrats, and they should be ashamed.

Last edited:
In a procedural vote this evening, five GOP senators opposed the Ryan budget: Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins of Maine, Olympia Snowe of Maine, Rand Paul of Kentucky, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Every Democrat opposed the measure. The final vote tally was 40-57, sending the House-passed Ryan plan down to defeat.

MediSCARE .....pathetic. I suppose you like the Democrat plan. Do nothing. It ends Medicare a lot faster and with much more pain.

Suckers
People like you are the suckers. You are content to play class warfare games with peoples lives.

But in an attempt to turn the tables on Democrats, Republicans then forced a procedural vote on President Obama’s budget submission from February. That measure failed by a vote of 0-97, with all the Democrats voting against it because they believe it is now outdated.

Senate Shoots Down Controversial Ryan Budget & President Obama's Plan, Too - The Note

Yeah, those dumb Dems, not following the GOoPers in committing political suicide.

Ryan's plan had no effect on those currently enrolled in medicare....

Stop being a lying leftist hack...

Suckers

Aren't YOU a registered Republican?....:eusa_whistle:

It shows what a spineless hack Ryan really is..

He thought he could buy off the elderly population by telling them it won't affect them and he thought working Americans were too dumb to care about their Medicare.

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

He thought he could buy off the elderly population by telling them it won't affect them and he thought working Americans were too dumb to care about their Medicare.

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

i think he forgot that people actually think about their kids and grandkids.

Suckers

Over 30 years

And I relish the fact that those who have destroyed my party at the Federal level will pay a harsh political price for their extremism

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

It isn't going to be there for their kids and grandkids...

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

If you look at who is leading the fight over the destruction of Medicare, it is the older Americans

They realize how important Medicare is to them and don't want their children and grandchildren saddled with a voucher program

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

If something doesn't change your absolutely right, House. We are seeing just the tip of the iceberg with this. It will have a snowball effect when the millions of baby boomers come of age.....and they are just starting to come of age for medicare.

Suckers

Over 30 years

And I relish the fact that those who have destroyed my party at the Federal level will pay a harsh political price for their extremism

One would think you'd be extatic with how leftwards the R's have lean...

You just want a choice between "liberal extremism" and "really fucking liberal"....

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

If you look at who is leading the fight over the destruction of Medicare, it is the older Americans

They realize how important Medicare is to them and don't want their children and grandchildren saddled with a voucher program

Doing nothing with medicare is the fastest way to do harm to children and grandchildren.

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

And unsustainable budgets with ever increasing and record debt is thinking of the kids and grandkids how??

Why do you make a completely false comment (calling Obama's Budget the "rightwingnut" Budget.) Then completely ignore everyone who calls you on it.

Either you are an idiot and didn't know they voted on Ryan's Budget, and Obama's Budget. Or you knew and were attempting to mislead people with your response.

:)

The only budget voted on today was the Ryan plan. In fact, the righties are all over the news saying the dems should put forth their own budget instead of being the party of no.

but that wasn't the point of yesterday's vote. yesterday's vote it was a given they wouldn't vote to turn medicare into a voucher system.

see Zanders post, you're ill informed.

I'll ask directly;

where is the democratic 2012 budget plan Jillian?

where is the democratic plan to close on the debt ceiling?

where is the democratic plan to deal with the budget deficit going forward ala entitlements etc. ?

i'm far from "ill-informed".

i tried to look at his link. it was timed out and i asked him for another

If there's no 2012 budget plan, then how did they vote on "obama's plan" yesterday?

if they didn't deal with the "deficit", then what are you alleging they voted on yesterday other than ryan's bill"?

The budget is created by the House. The Senate then votes on what is passed in the House. They are under no obligation to create a budget, though they may.

Here's a hint for the uninformed (since you're keen at tossing insults around today).. Until the right agrees to close tax loopholes and gets rid of bush's tax cuts and addresses military spending. you're not going to get a deal. no matter what "agreement" they signed for grover norquist.

the arrogance of thinking the middle class should bear the brunt of the last admin's stupidity is awe-inspring.

Last edited:

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

And unsustainable budgets with ever increasing and record debt is thinking of the kids and grandkids how??

because there's no way to address the issue besides screwing the middle class?

We really need a two pronged approach. Spending cuts and tax increases. The reason conservatives oppose tax increases is because historically, Congress spends every penny they get, and then a whole lot more. Tax increases have to be tied to deficit reduction and mandatory spending cuts or it's a non-starter.

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

And that's sad reality that the Big Government types with their "cash accounting" budget have tried to hide for decades.

Fortunately, we can get a truer picture of the near insolvency of the U.S. by reviewing:

U.S. GAO - 2010 Financial Report of the United States Government

Entitlements are underfunded by over $30T on a net present value basis. There is not going to be enough money to pay out programs as currently designed - even if we raised taxes to do so.

This is a very predictable crisis. We're going to feel pain one way or another. The sooner these programs are restructured (including means testing), we'll be able to achieve a softer landing. Waiting will just make the cuts deeper. The only people who benefit by delaying are the career politicians who buy votes from gullible people by telling them "move along, nothing to see here".

Guess what?

Wrong on both counts

What part of there will be no medicare for those kids and grandkids if it continues on this path do you liberals not understand?.......It is not sustainable as is.......Even William Jethro acknowelges THAT FACT......And you lefty's completely ignore the fact that one of your liberal gods agrees serious reform is necessary.

LMAO!

because there's no way to address the issue besides screwing the middle class?

Yes there are ways to address it.... but those ways are unthinkable to the progressives and the far left.... because it involves cutting back government spending, reeling in government to smaller levels and scope, and takes away entitlements and handouts which helps to ensure votes from those who receive them at the expense of contributors....

Everyone is screwed because of the debt... well, anyone who is actually an income tax payer and not one who derives more from government than they contribute... the pain is already there

Forum List

Back