Obama's Alaska Air Drop

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    So there is no agenda here? This from Obama and Biden who wanted famlies left out of the campaign, and wanted the media to back off Sarah Palin? This seems tittle bit more proof that the Obama you see , thats packaged and produced is not the same one that you see when you actually stop to look beyond the movie.

And the presidential election of 2008 has prompted an air-drop of attorneys in a state better known for bush-pilots: "It's no surprise... that Democrats have airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and (Gov. Sarah) Palin's hometown of Wasilla to dig into her record and background,'' notes the Wall Street Journal's John Fund.

He reports that the Democratic dirt-diggers are looking most closely at Palin's dismissal of her public safety commissioner, with critics claiming he wouldn't bow to pressure to fire Palin's brother in law, Mike Wooten, enmeshed in a custody battle with her sister. The family, of course, has accused him of using a Taser on his 10-year-old.

Palin returns to Alaska for the first time in nearly two weeks on Wednesday night, Fund notes, and fellow Republicans plan a "Welcome Home" rally. Fund suggests that there may be a few rental cars and "fancy dress shoes'' on the gumshoes in the crowd.

*Chicago Tribune*

2. CrimsonWhite

CrimsonWhite *****istrator Emeritus Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,757
    How 'bout a link?

3. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
  4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I told you. Everyone is praising Obama for being "above" the rhetoric...but he's in the middle of it, too. The only difference is he's lying when he claims he wants change, and he's lying when he says he doesn't participate in the mud slinging.

:eusa_liar:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I figure the might leave the family alone but everthing else is fair game I'm sure. Politicians are such a scummy bunch. Are any of them capable of campaigning on their strengths ?

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    dillo, I didn't think for a moment that this would just up and disappear, there is too much invested in this by both sides , in time and money and power. The point of this post is to show that Obama is not the *hope and change* person he say's he is, hes no different than any other politician that wants that office and to portray himself otherwise is doing a diservice to his party and to the country should he get elected.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    agreed--no one is on the high road. I'm not even sure they could find it if they looked for it. It's just plain ugly.

8. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Palin lied and got caught. Now her staff will not talk to investigators without being subpoenaed. She knows she is guilty, and she is trying to cover her tracks with the dustrake of reasoned and sober subterfuge......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UojMnCgqVA]YouTube - KTVA, Local CBS Affiliate, Reports On Palin Trooper-Gate Sca[/ame]

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I'm confused... what does investigating something that reeks of misuse of power have to do with not getting families involved in the campaign? Because the guy she is her brother in law?

And no one really believes the taser thing was the motivating factor, navy, no matter how much spin the right puts on it.

I find it so funny that the right is offended that the dems want to win... I heard no such complaints when Trent Lott's staff went down to FL in 2000 to "protest" in Boca...

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    If she DID talk now I wouldnt even consider voting for her. She would be an idiot to talk about it. Any idiot knows not to talk in a situation like this and I'm sure her attorney agrees.