Obama's $80 Billion Exaggeration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Skull Pilot, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,025
    Obama's $80 Billion Exaggeration - WSJ.com
    So what do you think is Obama's "evidence of benefit"?

There really is none. the only "benefit" the government will get out of this is to have complete access to your confidential medical records.

If you've ever had an error on your credit report, you know how virally propagated electronic errors work and how difficult they are to correct.

And the computer guidance will be programmed by whom?

You guessed it, the government.

This can't be the "evidence" Obama was talking about could it?

It seems the president has changed the definition of the word to suit his political ends. Gee what a surprise.
    And all the government cares about is cost. When the government provides health care, it will be the cheapest course of treatment that will be recommended, not necessarily the best.

That interpretation is what Obama is calling "evidence"

Of course that is the agenda here and of course Obama will never state that agenda clearly.
    I don't think Obama will change his mind if it means the government can't control your medical treatment, do you?

2. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Here is the transparency he was talking about ... he doesnt know what hes talking about.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I share you concerns about this issue, Skull.

4. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,925
    Obama = "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull shit."

One way or the other, this guy is a freakin' con artist.

5. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,848
    Great post. The point is that with some 82% satisfied with their own healthcare, and less than 8% of Americans uninsured, he has got to find some basis to push his nationalized healthcare program.

I wonder if we have any chance of stopping the onslaught.

6. toomuchtime_

toomuchtime_ Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,950
    An $80 billion exaggeration? That's chump change in Obamaland. How about a $1.5 trillion "exaggeration"?

White House Press Briefing by Robert Gibbs

7. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Actual Obama quote alert!!!

"What you see in FDR that I hope my team can emulate is, not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence."

Which is exactly what ALL con men do. That's why it's called that. Know what Obamaphiles worldwide are called, in the con lexicon?

Marks.

8. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,848
    Instead of FDR, I wish our President had studied President Harding:

"America's greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed the much praised Woodrow Wilson— who had brought America into World War I, built up huge federal bureaucracies, imprisoned dissenters, and incurred $25 billion of debt.

Harding inherited Wilson's mess— in particular, a post–World War I depression that was almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933 that FDR would later inherit. The estimated gross national product plunged 24 percent from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million to 4.9 million.

Harding had a much better understanding of how an economy works than FDR. As historian Robert K. Murray wrote in The Harding Era, the man who would become our 29th president "always decried high taxes, government waste, and excessive governmental interference in the private sector of the economy.

Harding's Secretary of Commerce Herbert Hoover wanted government intervention in the economy— which as president he was to pursue when he faced the Great Depression a decade later— but Harding would have none of it. He insisted that relief measures were a local responsibility."

N-Philes :: Forums - View Single Post - The not-so-great depression of 1920-21