Obamacare Co-Ops Are Failing At A Rate Of Nearly 50%

"Obamacare Co-Ops Are Failing At A Rate Of Nearly 50%"

And this illustrates well why many on the right are in fact reprehensible: most conservatives cheer Americans losing their healthcare yet make no effort to address the issue; indeed, they seek to make the situation worse to realize some perceived partisan gain.

So what does government to well again?

Any number of things, but since you're petitioning it to convert to single-payer, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?
Nope privatize the whole system with interstate competition:thup:

That was talked about for decades, but Congress didn't seem interested. Why do you suppose that is?

Crony capitalism sucks.. Competition brings down prices monopolies don't

"Obamacare Co-Ops Are Failing At A Rate Of Nearly 50%"

And this illustrates well why many on the right are in fact reprehensible: most conservatives cheer Americans losing their healthcare yet make no effort to address the issue; indeed, they seek to make the situation worse to realize some perceived partisan gain.

Republicans were cut out of Obamacare

Another vote for single-payer...

Any number of things, but since you're petitioning it to convert to single-payer, we'll have to wait and see, won't we?

That was talked about for decades, but Congress didn't seem interested. Why do you suppose that is?

Tell it to your legislators.

You mean get rid of the establishment, crony, politicians, of both parties.:thup:

You mean get rid of the establishment, crony, politicians, of both parties.:thup:

I mean my goal is an America whose citizens are healthy, well educated, and gainfully employed, living in a country where the infrastructure is solid and people are smart enough to realize that name-calling and waving guns around are not solutions.

This is horrible

We need to move to Single Payer ASAP

You mean to tell us Obama passed a horrible law that is failing on record levels in record time? Are you saying Obamacare is doing so poorly that we need to scrap it and change the whole bitch asap? Are you really admitting that all this money was spent and wasted so that before the whole law is enacted it could be scrapped due to catastrophic failures?

I think it's time for all those that repeatedly get shit wrong to stop telling everyone else what to do. I think it's time you take the back seat RW, you don't offer solutions, you offer more drama.

competition brings down prices

Biggest issue I see is those Citizens with Pre-existing conditions. There must be a solution.....

Yeah, it's called free markets... Markets produce better drugs, better cure, better treatments that in time are more affordable. If you force price restrictions you lose innovation. It's just that simple, hard for people to understand for some unknown fucking reason but whatever.

Why not just give the people a choice

If you hate the Government, you can still buy private insurance on the open competitive market

For those who are willing to take a Governement option their will be plans run and controlled by the Government with government hospitals and government doctors

Lets see if government is as bad as you think

Sure, if the only money used for that program is paid by the people using the service. Otherwise fuck that fuck that.

I predict you steal from taxes to pay for your shortcomings. I think you know it too~ But yer a greedy one so lets be honest, you don't really care.

Single payer will fix everything

So Medicare for all? Newborn to Coffin? Who funds that when participants triple? costs triple? Can you add in Dental please? Do you do penile enlargements?

No prob... single payer will include glasses, hearing aids and dental.

I'm just guessing, but it makes sense to me - penile enlargements will only be offered along with a set of testicles and will therefore only be offered in scaredy-cat red states.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2015/january/health-insurance-reform-single-payer-improved-medicare-for-all

competition brings down prices

Biggest issue I see is those Citizens with Pre-existing conditions. There must be a solution.....

Yeah, it's called free markets... Markets produce better drugs, better cure, better treatments that in time are more affordable. If you force price restrictions you lose innovation. It's just that simple, hard for people to understand for some unknown fucking reason but whatever.

I think you've got it upside-down, it's the myth of the pharmaceutical so-called free market that stifles competition and innovation.

Title VII. Improving Access to Innovative Medical Therapies

Extending Discounts on Drugs

Promoting Medication Price Competition and Innovation

The Act promotes innovation and saves consumers money. It ends anti-competitive behavior by drug companies that keep effective and affordable generic drugs off the market. It extends drug discounts to hospitals and communities that serve low-income patients. And it creates a pathway for the creation of generic versions of biological drugs so that doctors and patients have access to effective and lower cost alternatives.

Just a couple of months ago a vulture drug company raised the price of a life saving tuberculosis drug by 2,000%.

It's happened again. This time the mercenary pharmaceutical company is Canadian and targets infants - "West syndrome, is a rare and devastating form of epilepsy that affects infants usually no older than eight months."

“My concern is that this is a harbinger of things that will come in the near future. “This is predatory behaviour on the part of drug companies – period.

“This won’t be the last time this happens. Canada, the United States and Europe need to put some kind of system in place so manufacturers of drugs … have to follow strict regulations following price increases, and the increases cannot exceed the consumer price index. ~ neurologist Dr. Carter Snead

The cure for this predatory behavior is not more phony "free market" BS, it's regulation, strong regulation with lots-o-teeth.

obcare.png

Lacking cogent arguments, the RW puts its Photoshop collection on Scramble...

The propaganda that the rightwing media, with the help of politifact is catapulting is that the so-called "lie of the year" was actually, in fact, 98.4% accurate and-----and it was not 100% accurate because of actions taken by private insurance companies.

jellicle: "So Politifact notes that nothing in the new law prevents insurance companies from offering the same old plans indefinitely - that it was entirely their choice to cancel any plans they cancelled - and then calls Obama's statement a lie, as if he, and not insurers, was in any way responsible for the cancellation of plans."

<snip>

Tasty_Yams: "As we have previously noted, many Americans already lose their current health plan for reasons that have nothing to do with the new law. Your employer may change insurance carriers, for instance, or your insurance carrier may unilaterally modify the terms of your plan.

How common is this? The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, found that in 2007, just over 14 percent of the entire U.S. population "switched" health insurance. However, this underestimates the rate of switching...

So, accepting Politifact's numbers, 4 million out of 250 million people "lost" their insurance by insurers who claim the ACA was the cause.

That's 1.6% of insured people.

If you make a statement, that at one time both Obama and Politifact believed to be true...

Can a statement that is:
  • believed to be true
  • and actually turns out to be true for 98.4% of people
  • and is dependent on a decision at least partially controlled insurers
  • and it's not unusual for 14+% of people to "lose" their insurance in any given year
can this really be the "lie of the year"?

Sounds like hyperbole to me."

<snip>

Starmedia11: "When Medicare was introduced, people were told signing up would cause them to lose their Social Security. This was not true. So, imagine an American politician saying,

"You can keep your Social Security even after the rollout of Medicare."

"Ok, sounds fine. Same thing with Obama. If you had insurance when he made that statement, the government would not force you to drop it. True.

Then, let's say I commit a crime, go to jail, and lose my Social Security. "It's a lie because he said passing Medicare wouldn't effect my Social Security, but now I have!"

Same thing with the healthcare law. Insurance companies chose to cancel peoples plans. There was no regulation stating they couldn't. So, even though what Obama said was 100% truthful, the fears were brought about by actions taken by other groups.

Can you call something a lie if it's truthful when I say it, and it gets contradicted by actions of others that I had no control over and who I didn't force to take those actions? I don't think so."

Another example; This summer I called Harbor Pointe GC, I asked them how it looked for two buddies and me to walk on. The scheduler said the course was wide open. I told my golf buddies the course is wide open, my buddies and I arrived at Harbor Pointe GC about an hour later but 7 walk on groups had arrived within 30 minutes ahead of us - we had to wait for close to an hour before we could tee off.

My questions are:
Did the scheduler lie to me?
Did I lie to my buddies?

Forum List

Back