Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Quantum Windbag, Oct 27, 2012.
Why am I not surprised?
White House considering new tax cut - The Washington Post
Libberhoids last gasp
Maybe he can start by cutting the taxes he already signed into law. Here is 21 of his tax increases.
1. A 156 percent increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco
2. Individual Mandate Excise Tax (takes effect in Jan 2014): Starting in 2014, anyone not buying qualifying health insurance must pay an income surtax
3. Employer Mandate Tax (takes effect Jan. 2014): If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2000 for all full-time employees.
4. Surtax on Investment Income (Tax hike of $123 billion/takes effect Jan. 2013):
5. Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans (Tax hike of $32 bil/takes effect Jan. 2018)
6. Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax (Tax hike of $86.8 bil/takes effect Jan. 2013
7. Medicine Cabinet Tax (Tax hike of $5 bil/took effect Jan. 2011)
8. HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike (Tax hike of $1.4 bil/took effect Jan. 2011
9. Flexible Spending Account Cap aka Special Needs Kids Tax (Tax hike of $13 bil/takes effect Jan. 2013
10. Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers (Tax hike of $20 bil/takes effect Jan. 2013)
11. "Haircut" for Medical Itemized Deduction from 7.5% to 10% of AGI (Tax hike of $15.2 bil/takes effect Jan. 2013)
12. Tax on Indoor Tanning Services (Tax hike of $2.7 billion/took effect July 2010)
13. Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D (Tax hike of $4.5 bil/takes effect Jan. 2013)
14. Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike (Tax hike of $0.4 bil/took effect Jan. 1 2010)
15. Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals (Min$/took effect immediately)
16. Tax on Innovator Drug Companies (Tax hike of $22.2 bil/took effect Jan. 2011)
17. Tax on Health Insurers (Tax hike of $60.1 bil/takes effect Jan. 2014)
18. $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives (Tax hike of $0.6 bil/takes effect Jan 2013)
19. Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2 ($min/takes effect Jan. 2012)
20. Black liquor tax hike (Tax hike of $23.6 billion/took effect immediately).
21. Codification of the economic substance doctrine (Tax hike of $4.5 billion/took effect immediately).
Separate names with a comma.