Obama v Romney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, May 6, 2012.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    An interesting read:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Print Article

I'm a conservative, with current day called, 'libertarian leanings.' Maybe stronger leanings than Romney would be comfortable with, nevertheless...

Here's some advice:

Hit Obama hard as executive:

1. Healthcare-keep bringing it up and the resulting debt. FOCUS on how it wasted time and illustrated his inexperience. Wasted goodwill.

2. The Economy-By every measure the American people are in worse shape than when he was inaugurated. His policies and focus of new ones have exacerbated the problems. That's on him, not Congress.

3. Foreign Policy-IS the US in better shape with ME, Africa than before 2009? How? In every measure the US has lost standing, faced a loss of face, and made the world less safe.

Then for the Democrats, Congressional and Executive:

1. How dare you not get a budget passed, while ratcheting a debt unimaginable 5 years ago? Projections are so much worse for the next President and Congress. How dare you!

2. What about the DOJ? Ashcroft may have been stupidly thrown cloths over statues, but not statutes, as Holder has done. Fast and Furious anyone? The Democrats in Congress stand mute in front of the blatant racism in the DOJ.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,922
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How bad is Obama? Even the Dems are having problems with him, not just the independents. That is different than what Romney is facing, just the far right splintering, which some don't view as bad. Lots of links:

» “Julia”: Obama marketing machine fail - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

4. BadJesus

BadJesus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    O'romneyOBushma are all the same puppet. lmao... with the same core policies. Of course all of the people too dumb to realize this (libz and conz) will be the first douches out there voting for them.. hahaha

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Worst posters ever, those that claim all are alike. Truth is they are looking for relative culpability, instead of loyalty or loyal dissent. Romney and Obama aren't close on domestic or foreign issues. Then again Obama does resemble Bush in many ways, for the simple reason he was clueless at the beginning and still is from the way he's running his 'new campaign, 'the we're meaner now, cause the Republicans have been nasty.'

6. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    At least from here in Europe, The GOP increasingly seem to have more in common with the extreme far right parties of UKIP or Marine Le Pen than they do genuine conservatives.

It just amazes me that in 2012 we can see major parties putting forward candidates who still seem to be stuck in 1976, if not 1956. (There is no such thing as climate change? Seriously?)

The GOP seem to have learned nothing from the economic meltdown, and are still championing the same policies which brought down your banks and auto industry. From that point of view alone, Obama should win the election by a distance.

7. BadJesus

BadJesus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Has O'Bummer found a Bush policy he didn't lovingly continue yet? I didn't like Bush and don't like the Black Bush either. What I don't get is how libz who didn't like Bush can now support Bush policies since Obummer is running them and why conz are so against Bush policies now when Obummer is running them... :lol:

8. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,404
    Annie,

You are really a keen political analyst. You make such a compelling argument for how Romney should run his campaign.......if we were not living in reality.

The idea that Obama has fucked up the economy and screwed up our foreign policy is a fantasy that only those in the bubble will vote on.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Exactly.

Take the new SALT talks. Conservatives want to continue the arms race..no matter what the cost. It makes absolutely no sense. Missile Defense, doesn't work. And giving missiles to former Warsaw pact countries is antagonistic. And continued hostilities with China and Russia is a fool's errand. Yet this is the path Romney wants to walk. It's the same path initially walked by Bush..when he dropped the ball on Terrorism and gave us 9/11.

Having lived through that in NYC..I don't want to go back.

10. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    What?

Afica and the ME are now under the thumb of the Muslim Brotherhood.

You take credit for the Spring you take the blame for the Fall. ooh, that's catchy

and the economy? the fact that I need to explain it means you're a lemming

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1