Obama tries to play politics with gas prices

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Jay Kearney: "During this time of record prices and profits do we really need to subsidize gas"?

Really Obama? Really?!! You take this position for American oil but want to subsidize Brazil's oil search and become their number one customer.

Funny how Obama is trying to shift blame to the GOP. Someone tell him the senate voted to keep oil subsidies intact.

• Banned
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquNu30hDe8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Obama says he wants high gas prices - YouTube[/ame]

Um, you DO know that Obama asked for more money to fund the oil speculation police and CONZ said "NO," right?

During the 2007 gas price spike, about 60% of the price of oil was speculation.

Want to do something about high gas prices? End speculation on people who will neither use, nor are capable of taking delivery of, the commodity they are purchasing or betting on the price.

Oh lawd, I'm just glad to see many are not buying his rhetoric this time around. Many now know what comes out of his mouth is nothing more than a campaign speech. He doesn't have the ability or leadership qualities to do any of the things he "promises".

Here's hoping the change we need comes in November. If not, we'll vote the next guy out, too. And I hope the American people keep doing that until the government knows it's role.

Here is the preamble to the Constitution, our elected officials would bode well if they adhered to these words written by our founding fathers.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

Obama has set about destroying that domestic Tranquility stuff, he didn't read this sh*t too well.

• Banned
Um, you DO know that Obama asked for more money to fund the oil speculation police and CONZ said "NO," right?

Want to do something about high gas prices? End speculation on people who will neither use, nor are capable of taking delivery of, the commodity they are purchasing or betting on the price.

Do you even understand speculation? I'll give you a personal example, albeit on a much smaller scale.

When i was in college I commuted about 170 miles per day. Halfway of my commute was a town called Lawrence Ks. On the east side of town on K-10 was a gas station that sold gas futures if you will. I could by gas by the gallon or hundreds of gallons at a set price. When the price declined I paid cash out of pocket, when it rose i used my previously purchased gas. So in essence when prices dipped a lot I speculated that they would rise and i made large bulk purchases in advance.

Now translate that to a large worldwide corporate scale and you have airlines, trucking industries and all other sorts of businesses that rely on speculation to save costs in their busibess, thus helping to keep commodity prices down.

Ah, yes..."speculators"...the new progressive whipping boy to excuse why their policies have driven up the cost of oil and gas and will continue to do so.

The FACT is...this President and his Energy Secretary have both been quite honest about their viewpoint that Americans should pay more for gas. Both Obama and Chu would like to see gas prices at around $6 a gallon because that makes their green energy initiatives "work" economically. This recent backpedaling by Obama and Chu is purely political. As our two faced President illustrated in his open mike comments to the President of Russia...this is all about getting reelected...he'll say anything to get a second term and then go right back to his original agenda once that happens.

If you vote for Barry next November you're voting for $6 a gallon gas and much higher electricity prices as well. That's what he believes in and that's what he'll give us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_tjPLJwVI]Barack Obama 2008 ad on Gas Prices - YouTube[/ame]

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe" -- Obama's Energy Secretary, who does not drive a car

Which part of the police is that, again? Never heard of that branch.

Ah, yes..."speculators"...the new progressive whipping boy to excuse why their policies have driven up the cost of oil and gas and will continue to do so.

The FACT is...this President and his Energy Secretary have both been quite honest about their viewpoint that Americans should pay more for gas. Both Obama and Chu would like to see gas prices at around $6 a gallon because that makes their green energy initiatives "work" economically. This recent backpedaling by Obama and Chu is purely political. As our two faced President illustrated in his open mike comments to the President of Russia...this is all about getting reelected...he'll say anything to get a second term and then go right back to his original agenda once that happens.

If you vote for Barry next November you're voting for $6 a gallon gas and much higher electricity prices as well. That's what he believes in and that's what he'll give us.

Well put.

If anyone believes this guy really gives a rats ass what the working public pays for gas, food, electricity or anything else for that matter then they are sadly mistaken.

Jay Kearney: "During this time of record prices and profits do we really need to subsidize gas"?

Really Obama? Really?!! You take this position for American oil but want to subsidize Brazil's oil search and become their number one customer.

Funny how Obama is trying to shift blame to the GOP. Someone tell him the senate voted to keep oil subsidies intact.

I forgot about us subsidizing the brazillian oil companies.

Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth Mr President.

Takes the pain away from the pump.....not!

At least I'm not driving my one ton. Last time prices hit 4 bucks I was and it cost me nearly q grand a month to conduct business.

We have to start adding clauses to our oil leases that a certain percentage of the oil from here must stay here and we've got to start drilling so shit won't be so bad years from now.

At least I'm not driving my one ton. Last time prices hit 4 bucks I was and it cost me nearly q grand a month to conduct business.

We have to start adding clauses to our oil leases that a certain percentage of the oil from here must stay here and we've got to start drilling so shit won't be so bad years from now.

We just raised our prices by 5 dollars per repair job to cover the fuel expense for the company vehicles and the fuel surcharges other companies are charging us again.

We just raised our prices by 5 dollars per repair job to cover the fuel expense for the company vehicles and the fuel surcharges other companies are charging us again.

I'm afraid to try that. Many of my jobs are lengthy ones and far away. I'm afraid I would lose out to more local contractors if i tried to add it in. Although if it gets much higher and is sustained I may have to.

I'm afraid to try that. Many of my jobs are lengthy ones and far away. I'm afraid I would lose out to more local contractors if i tried to add it in. Although if it gets much higher and is sustained I may have to.

People come to us but each shop manager gets a company "billboard" aka truck with the logo painted all over it.

Our materials have all gone up due to inflation from the devaluing of our dollar under Obama's idea of printing money to stimulate the economy.

if your work is good the money wont matter....

anyways i still dont get the OP, so um yeah.

The thread was derailed. The op is about Obama trying to get the public to think the GOP is part of the problem with gas prices because of subsidies. Essentially trying to divert attention away from his political decisions with regard to gas. Ie...

No drilling in gulf until he was over ruled by the court
Saying no to the pipeline
Record low federal permits for drilling on public land
His own previous rhetoric on wanting higher prices as well as bankrupting the coal industry
Subsidizing Brazilian oil but not ours

Etc etc

if your work is good the money wont matter....

anyways i still dont get the OP, so um yeah.

The thread was derailed. The op is about Obama trying to get the public to think the GOP is part of the problem with gas prices because of subsidies. Essentially trying to divert attention away from his political decisions with regard to gas. Ie...

His own previous rhetoric on wanting higher prices as well as bankrupting the coal industry

Etc etc

Yes obama has been dishonest with his spin in this area by taking credit for the drilling permits bush signed and denying that he put a moratorium on gulf drilling.

Along with not acknowledging the billions he has given in subsidies to other energy industries....he should stop ALL energy subsidies and let companies rise and fall on their own merits.

Etc etc

Yes obama has been dishonest with his spin in this area by taking credit for the drilling permits bush signed and denying that he put a moratorium on gulf drilling.

Along with not acknowledging the billions he has given in subsidies to other energy industries....he should stop ALL energy subsidies and let companies rise and fall on their own merits.

it was a temp one because of the spill..

It was temporary and unneccessary. They didn't have to close them all down in order to do the cleanup. That is the point I was getting at.

Forum List

Back