Obama Terrorism Policies: Was Bush Right?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dante, May 8, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Interesting take on things...

One will need broadband and be able to view video to use the link. I apologize. This is a debate by progressives about progressives on Bush's policies on terror and Obama's.
    I was never a Bush hater, and I always wondered why some people voted for Obama thinking he was.

This does not mean I agree with most cons or wingers here. They too misinterpret most of what Bush did.

:cool:
    dD

---

Bush in his second term got it right? If one agrees with the progressives debating this, and you are a conservative or winger critic of Obama, you have to wonder what world you live in when you call Obama weak on security.

---

and then there is the idea that we have a pretty good safety mechanism against potential terrorists, and it is the policing methods used to thwart and then capture the Times Square terrorist. there is much criticism of what happened, but most of it is silly. The guy was captured...the what ifs are just that---what ifs: mental masturbation

2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,902
    Bush misled the country into invading another country for no apparent reason. When has the US ever done such a dreadful thing.

Bin Laden is probably living in a villa somewhere in Pakistan. How is it possible Bush and the Republicans could "lose interest" (I don't think about him anymore) after what he did to this country?

Without the incompetency and lies of Bush and the Republican Party, our troops would have been home and this would have been over years ago. And don't get me started on OSHA, the EPA, the Justice System, the Katrina Clean-up, the economy, deregulation and on and on.

Bush and the Republicans were a much, much bigger disaster for the US than al Qaeda EVER was.

The fact that anyone could still be looking for something where Bush was "right" is misplaced and pathetic.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    :offtopic:

You would need to view the video or have a link to it's content to comment rationally on this subject. I apologize for ignoring your raving rant against Bush, but the OP is about a serious look at where we are and where we are going. Part of that is looking honestly and dispassionately at the truth as it unfolds before us.

:cool:
    dD

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Here we have a reasonable response worth noting...

Bloggingheads.tv - Chess Moves

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  5. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,902
    I just don't see this as a very good debate. These two guys start off with "Obama changed Bush's policies, but kept the same policies". If they are changed, then they are not the same. By the end of the debate, they don't even bother with "changed", they just say the policies are the same.

And let's look at one of those policies. The lack of "faith" in our justice system.

Only three terrorists were "convicted" in Military Tribunals under Bush. That's three. One Two Three. Two of them were "let go" where they returned to the battlefield. One had a hand in training the "pantie bomber".

That means Bush had a success rate of 33 and one third percent in terrorist incarceration after Military Tribunal. That is a DISGRACE.

The conviction rate for those in the US Justice system is 100% and hundreds are in maximum security prisons where NO ONE has ever escaped.

Republicans, with the help of the "so called" liberal press, convinced the American people that Obama would release these terror suspect on to the street. Obama had to change his policy. To fight what the Republicans did would only make Obama seem like a "terrorist sympathizer". No one is better at lies and deceit than Republicans. They don't need facts.

So, from that debate, "Bush's and Obama's policies are EXACTLY the same except that Obama changed them".

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    The debate in the video is mostly an epistemic one...

Epistemology: Much of the debate in this field has focused on analyzing the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief, and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge, as well as skepticism about different knowledge claims.
    -Epistemology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're still attacking Bush and the right.

Maybe you posted in reply to my first reply to you---so you jumped over this post...?

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. Misty

Misty Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    You know you've made it on a message board when people creatively mock you in avatar form. Lolol

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,902
    Since he has been in office, Obama has not been very "liberal". If anything, he has been "middle of the road" with conservative leanings on some things.

He certainly has not been the far out radical the right has portrayed him.

Pointing out "right wing" lies is "attacking the right" and "defending the liberal extreme" OR maybe it's just "pointing out right wing lies".

The current Republican party is a mess. Pointing that out doesn't mean you are "attacking them". Pointing out all their disasters isn't partisan, it's "honest".

Saying Democrats are on the side of terrorists and they hate America IS a lie and an attack.

Saying that Republicans spread fear is hardly an attack after years of "spreading fear".

[​IMG]

9. Misty

Misty Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,308
    Let's ask Michael Moore about the terrorist threat.

"There is no terrorist threat in this country. This is a lie. This is the biggest lie we've been told."

10. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    most of my avatar mocks...LOL...have been taken down. many here complain to admin.