Obama Tax Trigger: Punishing TaxPayers w/ Automatic TaxHikes when Gov Overspends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by teapartysamurai, Apr 14, 2011.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai VIP Member

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 10 / -0
    » Obama’s Tax Increase Trigger: Punishing Taxpayers with Automatic Tax Hikes When Politicians Overspend - Big Government

Typical liberalism. They never take responsibility for their actions. They want EVERYONE ELSE to take reasponsiblity for their actions.

Obama's solution for Washington's out of control spending? WE ALL SUFFER!

Remember this!

2012 is coming!
  2. sparky

sparky Senior Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

I think i'd like Iraq, Lybia & Afghanistan , Isreal, Pallestine, and every other F'd up country we're pouring $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s into to take personal responsibility for thier actions, and leave us outta it....
  3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Ratings:
    +1,960 / 2 / -0
    Weird how Reagan raised taxes many times, but when Obama does it something in the universe switches gears and presto chango a new attitude materializes? Or could it simply be there is no substance to the tax whiners? Latter methinks.

Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"It’s conservative [and libertarian] lore that Reagan the icon cut taxes, while George H.W. Bush the renegade raised them. As Stockman recalls, "No one was authorized to talk about tax increases on Ronald Reagan’s watch, no matter what kind of tax, no matter how justified it was." Yet raising taxes is exactly what Reagan did. He did not always instigate those hikes or agree to them willingly–but he signed off on them. One year after his massive tax cut, Reagan agreed to a tax increase to reduce the deficit that restored fully one-third of the previous year’s reduction. (In a bizarre bit of self-deception, Reagan, who never came to terms with this episode of ideological apostasy, persuaded himself that the three-year, $100 billion tax hike–the largest since World War II–was actually "tax reform" that closed loopholes in his earlier cut and therefore didn’t count as raising taxes.)"

""Reagan was coming from this very simple proposition: If you lower the tax rate, then more people will work, there will be more income in the economy and everyone's lives would be better. Despite a 25 percent income tax cut, by 1982 Reagan faced a deepening recession, mounting unemployment and homelessness.""
    Ken Duberstein, Reagan Chief of Staff
    • Like Like x 1
  4. teapartysamurai

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 10 / -0
    What does that have to do with Obama raising our taxes every time THEY over spend?
  5. teapartysamurai

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 10 / -0
    This seems to be the excuse barrier that liberals hide behind when confronted with the insane policies of Obama . . . . BUT BUSH . . . BUT REAGAN . . .

Shall we examine how much we owed to China under Reagan as compared to Obama or how much we WILL OWE if we keep going under the policies of Obama???????

I don't think you want to go there.

Nice try.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  6. teapartysamurai

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 10 / -0
    Gee, you libs didn't even try hard to excuse Obama on this.

What's a matter, ran out of creative lies for Obama, or is this class warfare just too obvious to cover up?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  7. Poli_Sigh

Poli_Sigh Active Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
  8. G.T.

G.T. VIP Member

Ratings:
    +1,781 / 8 / -0
    Your point is the we owed LESS to China, and STILL raised taxes, as a cut on someone?
  9. Robert

Robert Really nice Guy

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I think this is a wonderful Idea because now the Left is going to have to defend why peoples tax's are going to with regard to the budget. How many increases by the left do you think there will be before the American people revolt and utterly crush the agenda of these clowns
  10. G.T.

G.T. VIP Member

Ratings:
    +1,781 / 8 / -0
    I heard him say they'll be forced to make deepers cuts as a result of his fail safe. Who's got a link to this actual policy? I don't want to get mad until I see it en' script.
  11. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Ratings:
    +1,960 / 2 / -0
    You miss the fact most of the current debt was caused by Reagan and the Bushs. Reagan spent billions on a system that doesn't work till this day. Bush Jr invaded a country for the hell of it. And Obama inherited that mess. Tarp was under Bush, as was the S&L bailout under Reagan/Bush. You need a bit of education before opening mouth inserting foot. These may help.

U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress
    Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual
    The True Federal Deficit
  12. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 1 / -0
    Automatic tax hikes when government overspends. How isn't this a retarded idea? :cuckoo:

Hey, how about I get an automatic pay raise every time I overspend? :rolleyes: