Obama Should Have Focused on Jobs, Not Health Care, Says Arianna Huffington

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Not sure what Obama could have done except tell China and the other countries that we want our factories back, and those 3-million manufacturing jobs. The manufacturing sector went from 28% of the economy to about 12%, plus all the ancillary jobs associated with factories.

Wall Street need to be whacked with more than a piniatta-stick, I'd like Obama to use a baseball bat. Then the whiners whine about a few percent of income tax when unemployment is over 9%. Sorry, I feel no pity for the top income rates who move factories and then put their money in off-shore accounts.

The FIRST thing Obama did was the stimulus bill that created or saved 3 million jobs, what exactly are all these people on both sides talking about when they say he should have focused on the economy? What do they think he should have done exactly? No more spending was going to pass, no more tax cuts were going to pass,

what the fuck!!??

LOL, there's that lie again, Saved or Created three million jobs. that was sum damn EXPENSIVE JOBS HE WAVED his magic MONEY WAND to create and save.

Obamacare, cap and trade, etc. Tax and spend instead of creating a business friendly environment. And I don't mean corporations.

Small business that supports other small businesses suffer when small business in general is suffering. There's your middle class. Remember, there are small business owners who live below the poverty line. They can also hire workers, but not in this economy. 2 stimulus bills passed over the last 2 (approximate) years and nothing but more suffering for small business. So tell me how Obama has saved our ass? Can you prove he saved 3 million jobs? I can prove that unemployment went up after his stimulus bills. (yes 2)

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

“He keeps talking about the priority being jobs, but he’s not acting as if the priority were jobs,” Huffington says. “He has to take responsibility for doing a lot of things wrong. He prioritized health care when he shouldn’t have.”

obama should have focused on jobs not health care says arianna huffington: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

He said he was focusing on jobs. He said that over and over. He spent trillions of dollars of "shovel ready" projects. Remember?

The truth is if he focused on jobs, 9.5-10% unemployment is the result. I wish he hadn't focused on jobs and we'd have probably 7.5%, because everything Obama focuses on goes to shit.

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

“He keeps talking about the priority being jobs, but he’s not acting as if the priority were jobs,” Huffington says. “He has to take responsibility for doing a lot of things wrong. He prioritized health care when he shouldn’t have.”

obama should have focused on jobs not health care says arianna huffington: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance

He said he was focusing on jobs. He said that over and over. He spent trillions of dollars of "shovel ready" projects. Remember?

The truth is if he focused on jobs, 9.5-10% unemployment is the result. I wish he hadn't focused on jobs and we'd have probably 7.5%, because everything Obama focuses on goes to shit.

I don't know about where you are, The Rabbi, but here the stimulus money was absorbed by state and local government to replace falling revenue streams. I'm not convinced that's a result that can be prevented.

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

I don't know about where you are, The Rabbi, but here the stimulus money was absorbed by state and local government to replace falling revenue streams. I'm not convinced that's a result that can be prevented.

You are correct for many states however, the stimulus was sold to the public as a job creator.
The money that did not go to help the states went as a payoff for union votes and many pork projects that the dems had wanted for years such as:

$300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.

$800,000 for the John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pa., serving about 20 passengers per day, to build a backup runway.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: After a flurry of stimulus spending, questionable projects pile up | Washington Examiner

This session of Congress was pretty much the only shot they would get at healthcare reform.

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

Well, yeah. I said that from day one on his push for HCR.

He used up all his political capital on milquetoast compromise legislation that no one likes while the economy continued to burn.

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

That wasn't how the stimulus was sold. I know how it ended up--probably the biggest waste and fraud ever committed by the government.

CaféAuLait;2761262 said:

Fuck Marxist Obami Salaami's erroneous hair-brained schemes.

The Ideological Idiot shouldn't have been elected in the first place !

You are correct for many states however, the stimulus was sold to the public as a job creator.
The money that did not go to help the states went as a payoff for union votes and many pork projects that the dems had wanted for years such as:

$300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.

$800,000 for the John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pa., serving about 20 passengers per day, to build a backup runway.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: After a flurry of stimulus spending, questionable projects pile up | Washington Examiner

And lets not forget that 110 million of taxpayer stimulus money that went to LA and created 55 jobs. Heard that on O'Reilly last night and damned near fell out of my chair.

Three million created or saved??

I ain't buyin that one folks. Jeeze.

I havenmt seen confirmation but did get an email that part of the stimulus went to some college where Michelle Obama's brother is the coach, saving his job.

Forum List

Back