Obama Should Have Focused on Jobs, Not Health Care, Says Arianna Huffington

The problem is that the time is never just right for healthcare reform. Clinton tried it and found the GOP opposed it and asked for more time. Bush spent eight years of "studying the issue" (ie ignoring it).

Dems knew that with 60% of the Senate, it was now or never. They had to get it done or the issue would linger for another generation.

History will show they acted correctly

Obama inherited an economy just coming out of recession and promptly drove it into the dirt.

If you want to bring Western Civilization to a screeching halt put it in (P) for Progressive

Hey, R for retard, the country's economy was still declining when Obama took office and the recession ended 5 months later.

Why are there no jobs. Because we are a no-job economy, thanks to conservative policies.

The problem is that the time is never just right for healthcare reform. Clinton tried it and found the GOP opposed it and asked for more time. Bush spent eight years of "studying the issue" (ie ignoring it).

Dems knew that with 60% of the Senate, it was now or never. They had to get it done or the issue would linger for another generation.

History will show they acted correctly

Especially after Nov 4.

Obamacare, cap and trade, etc. Tax and spend instead of creating a business friendly environment. And I don't mean corporations.

Small business that supports other small businesses suffer when small business in general is suffering. There's your middle class. Remember, there are small business owners who live below the poverty line. They can also hire workers, but not in this economy. 2 stimulus bills passed over the last 2 (approximate) years and nothing but more suffering for small business. So tell me how Obama has saved our ass? Can you prove he saved 3 million jobs? I can prove that unemployment went up after his stimulus bills. (yes 2)

The CBO determined that the stimulus created 3 million jobs.

I asked you what, SPECIFICALLY, Obama should have been doing.

Doing what?

Obamacare, cap and trade, etc. Tax and spend instead of creating a business friendly environment. And I don't mean corporations.

Small business that supports other small businesses suffer when small business in general is suffering. There's your middle class. Remember, there are small business owners who live below the poverty line. They can also hire workers, but not in this economy. 2 stimulus bills passed over the last 2 (approximate) years and nothing but more suffering for small business. So tell me how Obama has saved our ass? Can you prove he saved 3 million jobs? I can prove that unemployment went up after his stimulus bills. (yes 2)

We've already discussed and debunked the CBO's number, which is based on many faulty assumptions.
If Obama had done *NOTHING* the economy would be better than it is today. If he really wanted to do something he could have pushed to cut the corporate income tax below average world levels (The U.s. currently ahs among the highest). He could have cut marginal tax rates. He could have put all pending regulations on hold for 4 years.
We would have seen the greatest economic boom ever.

We've already discussed and debunked the CBO's number, which is based on many faulty assumptions.
If Obama had done *NOTHING* the economy would be better than it is today. If he really wanted to do something he could have pushed to cut the corporate income tax below average world levels (The U.s. currently ahs among the highest). He could have cut marginal tax rates. He could have put all pending regulations on hold for 4 years.

They are doing exactly what they intended... creating economic mayhem that will, they hope, make us at at the end of the day, fall for any and all further draconian measures as our only salvation. This is all part of the master plan to cripple capitalism as we know it.

Doing what?

No, you said "Doing what?" Nothing specific about that.

To reiterate my post, he should have been focusing on getting the economy back in shape, instead of passing some agenda items. Do what's right for the country for once.

cut the corporate income tax= Deficit

cut marginal tax rates= Deficit

could have put all pending regulations on hold for 4 years= Deregulation

Same nonsense we tried under Bush that lead to the largest recession in 70 years

TRICKLE DOWN DOES NOT WORK

The FIRST thing Obama did was the stimulus bill that created or saved 3 million jobs, what exactly are all these people on both sides talking about when they say he should have focused on the economy? What do they think he should have done exactly? No more spending was going to pass, no more tax cuts were going to pass,

what the fuck!!??

well look, I saved your arm but your legs are gone.........happy?

cut the corporate income tax= Deficit

cut marginal tax rates= Deficit

could have put all pending regulations on hold for 4 years= Deregulation

Same nonsense we tried under Bush that lead to the largest recession in 70 years

TRICKLE DOWN DOES NOT WORK

Q for you RW; when bush enacted the moratorium on the tax of offshore profits, what happened?

The FIRST thing Obama did was the stimulus bill that created or saved 3 million jobs, what exactly are all these people on both sides talking about when they say he should have focused on the economy? What do they think he should have done exactly? No more spending was going to pass, no more tax cuts were going to pass,

what the fuck!!??

I don't think anyone has told us what can be done to magically create more jobs. Certainly not you.

Ah yes, in Conservatopia, we should reject the work of the CBO and take the word of some rightwing crackpot on the internet who among other things thinks we should legalize child labor.

If Obama had done nothing we would have had an economic collapse

what the fuck!!??

I don't think anyone has told us what can be done to magically create more jobs. Certainly not you.

no I didn't, I am not the president with romer & summers etc. at my beck and call either,I didn't make the promises and I didn't screw the pooch.

That's because he inherited an economic recovery?:cuckoo:

That's because he inherited an economic recovery?:cuckoo:

Why are you people doing this...

You really think somehow the housing bubble was just going to blow over if Obama didn't become president??? Bush was doing bailouts too, McCain would have prolly done much of the same as Obama. In fact I would bet anything McCain would have forced Amnesty by now. Yeah it would have been glorious!!!

Forum List

Back