Obama.. Screw the traffic jam, I wanna play catch.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
So the "Green President" who is supposedly so concerned about the environment and the pollution caused by the cars on the road causes an un-scheduled hour long traffic jam because he decided to play catch with some kids at a ballpark.

How much pollution was emitted not to mention how many people were late for work or for dinner or getting to that same ballfield because Obama suddenly decided he wanted to play catch?

Obama Motorcade Traffic Jam Play Catch - Business Insider

President Barack Obama's decision to play ball with some little leaguers en route to a fundraiser snarled rush-hour traffic in Washington, D.C., on Monday evening.

A press-pool report written by McClatchy's Lesley Clark noted Obama made "an unscheduled side trip to visit and chat" with young baseball players in Friendship Park en route to a fundraiser shortly before 6 p.m.

"It's a great day for baseball," Obama said.

According to Clark, the president spent only about 12 minutes posing for photos and tossing a ball to one of the children. However, that short visit was enough to cause rush-hour traffic problems.

"Trip to the ball fields was uneventful, but for commuters backed up along DC streets and the Key Bridge," wrote Clark.

The White House pointed out to Clark that Obama's visit to the little leaguers came ahead of his planned trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.

So the "Green President" who is supposedly so concerned about the environment and the pollution caused by the cars on the road causes an un-scheduled hour long traffic jam because he decided to play catch with some kids at a ballpark.

How much pollution was emitted not to mention how many people were late for work or for dinner or getting to that same ballfield because Obama suddenly decided he wanted to play catch?

Obama Motorcade Traffic Jam Play Catch - Business Insider

President Barack Obama's decision to play ball with some little leaguers en route to a fundraiser snarled rush-hour traffic in Washington, D.C., on Monday evening.

A press-pool report written by McClatchy's Lesley Clark noted Obama made "an unscheduled side trip to visit and chat" with young baseball players in Friendship Park en route to a fundraiser shortly before 6 p.m.

"It's a great day for baseball," Obama said.

According to Clark, the president spent only about 12 minutes posing for photos and tossing a ball to one of the children. However, that short visit was enough to cause rush-hour traffic problems.

"Trip to the ball fields was uneventful, but for commuters backed up along DC streets and the Key Bridge," wrote Clark.

The White House pointed out to Clark that Obama's visit to the little leaguers came ahead of his planned trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York.
The same thing happens when a cop pulls over a speeder in a bad place. Deal with it.

You might as well have asked why was he riding his bike? Pick a real subject next time.

Oh Jeez.

I am not a fan of Obumbler. Not even a little.

But criticisms about him OUGHT to have some bearing on his policies.

I actually kind of LIKE the fact that he chose to play catch with some kids. I'm sorry it may have caused some traffic problems. But, shit happens and drivers get used to the occasional delay.

I can't see criticizing the President for this one.

The "Obama plays catch with kids in the park" scandal calls for a Special Prosecutor to look into the matter. Americans should not have to tolerate things like this, when there are so many more pressing matters that should be addressed by the White House, like Michelle's failure to wear a dress that truly reveals the size of her ass.

Oh Jeez.

I actually kind of LIKE the fact that he chose to play catch with some kids. I'm sorry it may have caused some traffic problems. But, shit happens and drivers get used to the occasional delay.

I can. I remember how Democrats made such an issue out of Bridgegate, another traffic jam involving Chris Christie, but now won't say a word when the President himself is responsible for causing one. It's hypocritical.

Oh Jeez.

I can. I remember how Democrats made such an issue out of Bridgegate, another traffic jam involving Chris Christie, but now won't say a word when the President himself is responsible for causing one. It's hypocritical.
The "word" is people with common sense don't make mountains out of molehills, like this OP did.

Hey Vandal, you didn't seem to mind when it involved Chris Christie, now did you?

Oh, it's okay if Obama does it.

This ain't a Crispie thread bro. It's about a bunch of goddamned kids that feel entitled.

Thanks for quoting TK, Old School. I would not have seen it otherwise, since he is on 'ignore". But, I will answer his question anyway.

I don't give a rat's ass about Christie, one way or the other, either.

What a national embarrassment to have such an attention whore for President.

Hey Vandal, you didn't seem to mind when it involved Chris Christie, now did you?

This ain't a Crispie thread bro. It's about a bunch of goddamned kids that feel entitled.

No, but it mentions the traffic jam this little event caused. I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the two, and the hypocrisy that has ensued.

No, but it mentions the traffic jam this little event caused. I couldn't help but notice the parallels between the two, and the hypocrisy that has ensued.

There are no parallels, and also no hypocrisy.

Oh the hour long traffic jam caused to visit some kids vs. a 4 day lane closure to punish citizens?

I can see how you'd confuse the 2 :rolleyes:

Anyways back to the OP's point: Children are wastes of time. Why are those kids playing baseball? They should be out looking for jobs!

Oh the hour long traffic jam caused to visit some kids vs. a 4 day lane closure to punish citizens?

I can see how you'd confuse the 2 :rolleyes:

Anyways back to the OP's point: Children are wastes of time. Why are those kids playing baseball? They should be out looking for jobs!
Creating jobs, like the rich. Oh wait, they're playing ball. Never mind...

I have to wonder if the same people blowing this off blew off Clinton's $400 haircut that tied up the Air traffic?

We are just little people that Obama doesn't have to care about.. Right?

Forum List

Back