Obama says he will sharpen criticism

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Associated Press
updated 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

CHICAGO - Democratic Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday blamed his primary defeats in Ohio and Texas on rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's criticism and news coverage that he argued benefited her at his expense.

The presidential candidate said he planned to do more in the days ahead to raise doubts about his opponent's claims to foreign policy and other Washington experience. In a television ad that her campaign credits with helping her win, she portrayed herself as most prepared to handle an international crisis.

"What exactly is this foreign policy experience?" Obama asked mockingly. "Was she negotiating treaties? Was she handling crises? The answer is no."

Clinton, who was asked in TV interviews Wednesday about her national security qualifications, ticked off a series events in which she played a role, including peace talks in Northern Ireland, the Kosovo refugee crisis and standing up for women's rights in China. She also cited her work on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Obama's campaign immediately delivered on his pledge to criticize Clinton. Aides distributed a memo and held a conference call to question why she won't release her tax returns. The Clinton campaign responded with a statement e-mailed to reporters while they were on the Obama call that said the Clintons' returns since they left the White House will be made public around April 15.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23486748

I can see how this is relevant to foreign policy experience. :rolleyes:

Really? What does Hillary's income tax records have to do with either of their ability to handle a foreign policy crisis?

No you misunderstood me, the point was his foreign policy has no substance...just empty political chants. That's what I meant by that comment.

Nobody wants to take on the bullshit from this clown....???

Consider.....
The leak of information about Barack Obama's position on the North American Free Trade Agreement was "blatantly unfair" to his campaign, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said on Wednesday.

Harper said the government was mounting an "internal security investigation" to find out who leaked the information, which suggested Obama's campaign had said not to pay too much attention to his protectionist rhetoric on NAFTA.
--------------------------------
Really....so what this phony says in public, during a campaign to get himself elected...is bullshit ...only for the consumption of the stupid Dims what will vote for him...ignoring what he says, while loving how he says it.... so while he talks big about NAFTA ... behind the scenes he tell others ..."don't worry, its all bullshit"...."ignore what I say".....I don't really mean a word of it".....its only for the rank and file asshole Dim that don't know any better...so they will vote for me.....LOL...:rofl:

Anyone who voted for baby bush really has no standing to concern themselves with anyone else's foreign policy experience.

I would disagree with that. The fact he doesn't just kiss world opinion's collective asses is a GOOD thing. What they think of us doesn't matter a damn. They know what to say and when to say it to get what they want from the bleeding hearts.

And you need to reassess your continued blaming of Bush for all that ails us. That's just partisan rhetoric. We've been the "bad guy" since we became the only superpower, and it is because we became the only superpower that we are, not whether or not the President was a Democrat or Republican.

Once nobody needed us to protect their asses the romance was over.

No you misunderstood me, the point was his foreign policy has no substance...just empty political chants. That's what I meant by that comment.

No first term President's foreign policy has any substance until he starts conducting it.

And everything every politician who is running for office promises are empty political chants.

They manage to get enough sheep to vote for 'em though.

No, you're one of the multitude of bush worshippers who defend everything he does, but is too embarrassed to admit you voted for Mr. 29% approval rating.

Here we go again, like I said in another thread everytime a democrat doesn't like something that is said they invoke....but,but, GW!!!

No first term President's foreign policy has any substance until he starts conducting it.

And everything every politician who is running for office promises are empty political chants.

Post 8 proves it

Agreed, but when you say that you would withdraw troops from Iraq, then say I would reserve the right to send troops back to Iraq if AQ emerged there. When AQ is in Iraq, that shows you are clueless.

Agreed, but when you say that you would withdraw troops from Iraq, then say I would reserve the right to send troops back to Iraq if AQ emerged there. When AQ is in Iraq, that shows you are clueless.

I didn't say I agreed with Obama's foreign policy; which, was the whole point to this thread to begin with. When criticised by Hillary about his lack of foreign policy experience he responded with a deflection to why hadn't Hilalry released her income tax records.

I said in another thread I have no problem with his opposing invading Iraq. That's as far as it goes. His solution to a situation that currently exists is naive.

Forum List

Back